collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Silliest thing you've ever seen or heard?  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Silliest thing you've ever seen or heard?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 08:30:02 PM »
I have a lot of stories all courtesy of an individual I call 'Crazy Animal Lady'

To keep it short:
I once had to listen to her go on for a good half hour about how she psychically contacted her dead mouse *sniff* and it wanted to give her a flower. She even had a picture of the flower the mouse wanted to give her drawn on a napkin...
also, her dead goldfish wanted to say hello to her.

Apparently only 'those nasty African snakes' are the evil snakes that eat mice and other animals, not like our good North American snakes.

On that same note she was convinced garter snakes were "vegetarians, because you always see them crawling through grass and plants"

I just cringe whenever I see this lady coming  -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 06:43:59 AM »
Turned out a while ago that a guy I knew (then in his 20´s) thought that children developed feet first in the uterus. That first came feet, then legs grew out, and so on all the way up to the head that grew out last. My jaw dropped, I´ve never heard anything that dumb. I asked him if he thought premature babies were born headless.
Still haven´t regained repect for that dude. :-P

Literally Laughed out loud at this one!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 11:14:50 AM »
I don't think I've posted this one before:

This happened at night (maybe 9-10pm ish range). I pulled up to a red light, turning left. Police car across the intersection across from me, also turning left. I know this can be a long red for our direction (the main street running across gets the long green). Well Mr. Police decides he doesn't want to wait for it, and needs his coffee.

He puts on his lights (there is no other traffic around at all), makes his turn, goes up a few driveways, turns off his lights, and pulls into the Tim Hortons.

I just watched in amazement, shook my head and smiled. Then the light changed and I got to go. In total he saved himself maybe 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:19:08 AM by Kiwi »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Re: Silliest thing you\'ve ever seen or heard?
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 11:17:25 AM »

This happened at night (maybe 9-10pm ish range). I pulled up to a red light, turning left. Police car across the intersection across from me, also turning left. I know this can be a long red for our direction (the main street running across gets the long green). Well Mr. Police decides he doesn't want to wait for it, and needs his coffee.

He puts on his lights (there is no other traffic around at all), makes his turn, goes up a few driveways, turns off his lights, and pulls into the Tim Hortons.

I just watched in amazement, shook my head and smiled. Then the light changed and I got to go.

Haha! I KNEW cops must abuse their power!  :lmao:

Post Merge: January 14, 2015, 11:18:08 AM

Turned out a while ago that a guy I knew (then in his 20´s) thought that children developed feet first in the uterus. That first came feet, then legs grew out, and so on all the way up to the head that grew out last. My jaw dropped, I´ve never heard anything that dumb. I asked him if he thought premature babies were born headless.
Still haven´t regained repect for that dude. :-P

Literally Laughed out loud at this one!

So did I!  :lol:

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 12:54:34 PM »
Last week this guy literally stood in front of the instant coffee at work and asked me where the instant coffee was. I gestured at the large section of it he was already at. He asked me where it was again. I kinda stared at him in disbelief and didn't know what to say. Then he commented that he must be blind and I'm like, uh...yeah....

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 01:10:01 PM »
A couple years back, I was at a convention in NJ and my group of friends got hungry. There were three of us but one had to leave for a bit (I can't remember why?).
So while he was gone, the other guy and I were figuring out what to order. When we decided he asked if he should do a silly voice on the phone.

I paid him 5 entire dollars to order in the most campy, ridiculous voice he could do. It was the best 5 dollars I have ever spent.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 06:27:36 AM »

I just watched in amazement, shook my head and smiled. Then the light changed and I got to go. In total he saved himself maybe 30 seconds.

I once saw a Fire engine go down my local high street, and I'm pretty sure they had the siren going to, and then they stopped and went into McDonald's.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 06:34:12 AM »
How about I tell something incredibly stupid that I supposedly once thought?

Don't judge me... It's really bad. :yikes:

I do not know how much I really believed otherwise, but I just remembered an instance where my mom had to inform me that back in the times where TV was black and white, real life was in color.

:yikes:

|My Collection|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 11:33:55 AM »
When someone was very, very insistent with me that whiskey does indeed contain fiber, because it's made from plants.

If that doesn't keep you giggling, this very same person also swore up and down that wool came from plants and cotton grew on sheep. 

*cries in laughter*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
:lol: This is great! When we were on vacation, my husband was in the hotel bed, and he broke wind, passed gas, farted ... whatever you want to call it. My daughter, who was about 18 months old, said, "Daddy needs a fresh diaper on."

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »
A lady who fed her dogs each half a chocolate candy every night before bed

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2015, 11:51:49 PM »
This Youtube clip from Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader always cracks me up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey35bBWXls

Hopefully, it'll make you guys laugh too. Kelly Pickler's whole sense of geography is hilarious.

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2015, 02:39:14 AM »
This beeing not only silly, but also dangerous. Chocholate is poison to dogs :-(
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Silliest thing you\'ve ever seen or heard?
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2015, 06:30:00 AM »

Wow, really? I mean....let's feed her some mouse poison before bed each night. I hear it's sweet and tasty.

People are unbelievable.

Post Merge: January 18, 2015, 02:44:43 PM

My brother was telling me about a guy "friend" who came to the stupid conclusion as to why he hated gay people. Because they can't have kids. What about all the barren couples and elderly that get married? What a crock.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:44:43 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 01:25:02 AM »
We were told that women in heels were to wait in a fire alarm situation until others had evacuated as they might be slow on the fire stairs and slow down the whole evacuation. Chucks out the whole woman and children first thing, lol.

I called the equal opportunity department who had a good laugh and got me to repeat it on speaker because it was the most ridiculous piece of discrimination they'd heard for some time . They said that if heels slow people down then they would be an OH&S risk and no one should ever wear them. But as heeled shoes are a female trait it's discrimination and illegal to just stop them evacuating with everyone else.

So I told my work to get lost and I'll be going down the fire stairs when I want not remaining to die just because I wear heels (which work basically forces us to do as "professional" clothing). The rest of the women agreed and the policy was dropped.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal