collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Complicated Pony Relationships  (Read 4829 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Complicated Pony Relationships
« on: October 25, 2014, 07:05:09 PM »
If you're a nutter like me, you like to 'pair off' your ponies for the fun of it. I've married more couples than most priests have, I think. I've never had trouble remembering 'who is married to who' either. Until now.

The other day I happened to note how nice my male Sunbeam happened to look with Lavender Lace, so I decided to pair them up. I had a gnawing feeling that Sunbeam was already betrothed to someone else, but I scoured the pony shelves and nothing seemed to click for me. Tonight it dawned me on that LL was the married one! Now poor Princess Tiffany, her former partner, is all alone. I'm trying to find a way to make this work, but I don't know how I possibly can. This can only end badly for them all...

This isn't the first complication in my herd. Medley and Starshine used to be married, Starshine bore Medley Locket, but things didn't work out. Now Medley is married to Sugar Apple with two young foals. A while back Chief got divorced from Sugarberry only to remarry her twin a few years later. Masquerade and Sweet Pop are total players...they have a ton of illegitimate foals...HA!

Does anyone else have complicated pony relationships in their herd?

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: Complicated Pony Relationships
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:42:41 PM »
There are several complicated relationships in my blindbag herd - Sunny Rays and Magnet Bolt had a ~*forbidden relationship*~ that caused them quite a bit of grief, and meanwhile brushable Sunny Rays has a bit of a crush on her coworker Sweetie Swirl. Cherry Pie has a weird sort of mind-control thing going on with Comet Tail, not that he's aware of it, but Gardenia Glow (they're awkward aromantic 3rd wheel) has caught onto the fact that something's wrong. Pudding Pie and Flitterheart are married, though not exactly keen on each other, and Pudding suspects Flitter might have a thing for Blossomforth.

Other than that, Sunny Daze and Rainbow Dash have a love-hate relationship, Gusty and Powder are awkwardly reintroducing themselves after being apart for so long, and Clever Clover is still waiting on his daughter and wife to return from The War. Nothing too exciting. This is all in my head, I don't actually play with my ponies I swear
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:08 AM »
Pony love triangles, uh-oh.  :lookround: I wish I had your imagination! :lol:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »
LOL so funny!

In my pony world, all is unicorns and rainbows of course. Some few ponies are happily married forever, and the others just accept being single with being sad about it and enjoy their life. Of course, the babies just magically occur from some mysterious place.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 03:28:17 AM »
Oh Tuney, I love your brain.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 06:47:46 AM »
Well, Sunbeam and Moondancer are married, but they don't love each other, really - both are far more interested in their work than in each other, or their daughter, Glory. Sunbeam has had an affair with a fakie (whose name I haven't quite settled on yet) and she's bore his child. She would never reveal the secret of course, but it's the kind of thing where nobody knows and everybody knows. Cheating in a marriage is a huge deal in my ponyland, mostly because marriage itself is so rare there. (Ponies mate fairly freely, although they have their favorites, and sometimes mate for life if they so desire.)

Tootsie has kind of a complicated thing going, too. At a bonfire celebration, in a dark night he hooked up with a pretty mare whose name he never learned. They met twice that night. But some months later, he had an interesting surprise when he discovered that the mare he partied with was actually two mares, sisters (fakies I've named Celery and Avacado) who looked quite similar in the dark... and that both of them have borne him sons!
It was an awkward surprise at first, but things are fine between them all. The sisters live together raising babies Frosting and Confetti, and Tootsie has overcome his anxieties and has actually become an involved and caring father, much to the surprise of everyone.
Spoiler
I'll put something here some time

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 08:07:01 AM »
Pony love triangles, uh-oh.  :lookround: I wish I had your imagination! :lol:

LOL - this for me as well! "Relationships" if there are any in my collection are all completely platonic friendships :) Thank goodness...I could not cope with this level of complication in pony life :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
I normally don't pair up ponies but recently I have been picking out girlfriends for my Big Brothers and for some reason I keep picking G3 ladies.  I guess they look daintiest beside the boys?

Anyhow,  Shenanigans is with Steamer,  Desert Blossom is with Tex, and Hidden Treasure is with Salty for now.  But if I ever get a Barnacle,  Hidden Treasure may leave Salty for Barnacle.

I also have G1 Seabreeze with WigWam but only because their colors match.  I'm trying to think of another pony that better fits his theme.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 12:39:26 PM »
Well, Sunbeam and Moondancer are married, but they don't love each other, really - both are far more interested in their work than in each other, or their daughter, Glory. Sunbeam has had an affair with a fakie (whose name I haven't quite settled on yet) and she's bore his child. She would never reveal the secret of course, but it's the kind of thing where nobody knows and everybody knows. Cheating in a marriage is a huge deal in my ponyland, mostly because marriage itself is so rare there. (Ponies mate fairly freely, although they have their favorites, and sometimes mate for life if they so desire.)

Tootsie has kind of a complicated thing going, too. At a bonfire celebration, in a dark night he hooked up with a pretty mare whose name he never learned. They met twice that night. But some months later, he had an interesting surprise when he discovered that the mare he partied with was actually two mares, sisters (fakies I've named Celery and Avacado) who looked quite similar in the dark... and that both of them have borne him sons!
It was an awkward surprise at first, but things are fine between them all. The sisters live together raising babies Frosting and Confetti, and Tootsie has overcome his anxieties and has actually become an involved and caring father, much to the surprise of everyone.
Spoiler

Oh Tootsie! What a mess you've gotten yourself into it.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 12:40:20 PM »
Oh, no! So much pony drama! For some reason this reminds me of The Sims, where you might accidentally have a "taken" sim flirt with someone else and then all heck breaks loose!

I sort of pair up my ponies, but not often. The two ponies in my avatar are lovers, though. ;)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »
Barnacle has had a few girlfriends over the last few years, but nothing serious... Thundercloud has a thing for UK Princess Sparkle.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »
I guess the most complicated life in my herd is Love Story, since he married Milky Way twice over. The silver stars version of her that I nicknamed 'Shining Way' jumped through the spacetime continuum from her home universe into the next one and stumbled upon her alternate self (white stars Milky Way). They loved their own company so much that they decided to stay together, share the husband and create a happy little home. Between one earth boy and two unicorn ladies they have sired five earth fillies (four baby Embers and baby Blue Ribbon) and two pegasi colts... :whistle: nobody quite knows where the baby Milky Way twins got their wings from but they're loved all the same.

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »
All of the glittery/tinsel ponies I had (Princess Pristina, Bright Night & Baby Princess Sparkle) were lumped together as a royal family on the basis that they were too shiny for the rest.   :lol:

I also had suspicious "herd orphans" (Baby Flicker & Shaggy) that the adults sort of looked after communally, but no one knew (or would claim to be ;) ) their parents.  :P

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 10:25:36 AM »
This thread is full of win.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »
Oh God, finally!! My time to shine is here! [angels singing]

I usually tend to ship ponies according to the shows. Firefly goes with Medley, Bow Tie with Applejack, Star Catcher and Skywishes etc.
And I like to keep them together too.

But sometimes I just stop caring and pair whoever I feel like. I remember a while back somebody here gave me the idea that
Night Glider and Galaxy are a thing. Also, let's not forget that Glory and Moondancer are canonically married.

Sometimes I like just like using unexplained mishaps as an excuse! For example, remember the TAF babies?
You know how little Baby Milky Way is a pegasus...

...But her mother is a unicorn?

Well, my explanation is that Baby Milky Way's got two mommies.
Milky Way, and the Sparkle pony Twinkler!

Same concept for Baby Sweet Tooth, her mom Sweet Tooth, and her other mom Sugar Sweet. I could go on.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal