collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pop! Ponies- show me yours!  (Read 4766 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pop! Ponies- show me yours!
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 01:16:29 PM »
Ok, here are the pics of my play set as promised.  Mrs. Cake is modeling with it. I had been waiting  to open her until I had her home! 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I am thinking of getting my paints out and painting the stripes on the candies on the side.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »
At first I wasn't liking these but the more pics I see of them out and put together, the more they grow on me. I think I'm gonna pick up a set tomorrow when I'm out if I see them :) I love that the playset looks large enough for the brushables, cute for displaying them :)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »
just got applejack. and i think i decided to try making my own hair, tail and wings for flash sentry.
anybody know anything about making molds?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »
Oh that house is so cute.  I had talked myself out of it thinking it wouldn't be very good size wise with the brushables, but in fact it is perfect...

But no more plastic playsets! At least until we move...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »
Thanks for the out of package photos, guys! It really helps explain the concept.

I'm not 100% in love with the idea. And if they were a little cheaper, I might have picked them up. I pick up a lot of 'meh' ponies if they are inexpensive enough lol. But at $10 a pop (heh heh) this is too pricey for something I don't feel that strongly about.

I'm not sure why the $10 price tag for a single Pop! pony. They are 1.) smaller than a brushable 2.) plastic seems to be a lower quality than the brushables as well and 3.) yeah there's a couple extra accessories/hair but not a lot

All that I think would add up to a price tag less than $10. *shrug* Maybe it's for novelty's sake?
Actually the only ones that are supposed to be $10 are the ones that come with a bunch of furniture for the playset. The deluxe singles that come with extra sets of hair are supposed to be $7 and the basic singles that only come with one set of hair are supposed to be $3. However it can vary since when I saw the tags at kmart the basic singles were $5 tho brushables are $7 there.

Oh cool! My Toys-R-Us had the smaller POP! sets on the wrong peg, with the $10 price tag above it. :P I can only imagine how many parents reacted like me and dragged their kids away thanks to that mis-priced peg.

Now that I see the variety of prices,  I think they are quite affordable! Thanks guys! :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2014, 06:26:27 PM »

Thanks for the out of package photos, guys! It really helps explain the concept.

I'm not 100% in love with the idea. And if they were a little cheaper, I might have picked them up. I pick up a lot of 'meh' ponies if they are inexpensive enough lol. But at $10 a pop (heh heh) this is too pricey for something I don't feel that strongly about.

I'm not sure why the $10 price tag for a single Pop! pony. They are 1.) smaller than a brushable 2.) plastic seems to be a lower quality than the brushables as well and 3.) yeah there's a couple extra accessories/hair but not a lot

All that I think would add up to a price tag less than $10. *shrug* Maybe it's for novelty's sake?
Actually the only ones that are supposed to be $10 are the ones that come with a bunch of furniture for the playset. The deluxe singles that come with extra sets of hair are supposed to be $7 and the basic singles that only come with one set of hair are supposed to be $3. However it can vary since when I saw the tags at kmart the basic singles were $5 tho brushables are $7 there.

Oh cool! My Toys-R-Us had the smaller POP! sets on the wrong peg, with the $10 price tag above it. :P I can only imagine how many parents reacted like me and dragged their kids away thanks to that mis-priced peg.

Now that I see the variety of prices,  I think they are quite affordable! Thanks guys! :)

I don't know what TRUs prices on these are since they tend to be a little more expensive. I was just going by hasbrotoyshop and Kmart. I still doubt it's the basic singles going for $10 but they could be the deluxe ones with the extra hair. That said I'm waiting until Walmart has them since they tend to have them right at MSRP.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2014, 09:12:44 PM »
ya we paid $3 for AJ

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2014, 02:08:53 AM »
I love the Pop ponies! I need to take photos of mine, but I have the Luna/Rarity set, Zecora, Applejack, and the Pinkie Pie house. And I need MORE! All of the ponies!

Offline Callista11

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 07:33:42 AM »
Yea! Sunset, thanks for posting photos of the playset- it looks awesome! I can't wait till mine arrives! You should totally paint stripes!  :P
Octohug Avatar by the talented Thimble!

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2014, 08:04:19 AM »
Here's a picture of my pop ponies.  :-D  I rather like the pop idea, it's similar to the Create-A-Monster theme in MH.

I have Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Lyra, & Zecora.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:11:28 AM by Nimrodel »
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal