collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: taming rainbow curls  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: taming rainbow curls
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
I think she looks cute with straight hair! And you can always curl it later if you'd like. I've actually used STP Son of a Gun plastic & vinyl protection spray (in the automotive section) on really matted, frizzy, brittle MLP hair and vintage Blythe doll hair. It really gets the tangles out and makes the hair really shiny. As a matter of fact I need to get to the store to buy some more; I have a Dancing Butterflies with matted hair that needs some spa time :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »
Thanks for the lovely comments about stripes hair :) I am looking forward to seeing how Vampasaurus pony looks after he is done with her :) Interesting info about the STP Son of a Gun Stuff I will have to try that, thanks for mentioning it :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

rainbowstars

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »
I agree with everyone that mentioned the straightening iron.  I had a rainbow curl pony that I got in the mail yesterday that had practically dreadlocked hair.  I combed through a bit, then washed and conditioned and combed more.  Then I flat ironed on low with the conditioner in.  I do 3 passes through with the flat iron, then brush, add more conditioner, brush and repeat 2 or 3 times.  I curled her hair with skinny markers after.  She looks beautiful now. 

I've used this method on lots of frizzy haired ponies. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal