collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 77648 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2021, 06:22:07 AM »
Thank you everyone.  My dog is doing better but that was the second horrible seizure she had in a short time.  Ironically it happened right after we gave her some medicine that the vet prescribed for a different issue.  She's doing okay now but I'm afraid that some decisions  might need to be made in the near future if her health continues to decline.     

Yesterday was a rough day for me.  It started out okay.  I had a routine dr appoint.  Everything went okay until it was time to talk to the accounting person.  I'm not sure how it happened but the amount of the copay wasn't correct.  I  tried to show her my insurance card but she said the copay was the same.  I asked her to send me a bill because I'm sure that the copay should have been at  least 2 times what she was asking.

After the appointment  I wanted to make a quick trip to the craft store. Instead my mom wanted to do something else and said we'd go later.  Later came and I asked my mom about it and she said something like "Well, I intended to go to the crafts store today"   

I can't make my mom understand how it feels to watch them drop everything to do what they want but when I want to do something out of the ordinary I'm basically told to wait until it's convenient or just pushed aside.   :sad:  Trying to talk to my mom about it doesn't do any good.

BC, I'm sorry you found more ants. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 06:24:01 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2021, 10:09:24 AM »
I had a package that was redirected by customs to my old address. This is like the third time this has happened in a very short time period, and I am livid! I clearly have my current address set as my main, not to mention it is written on the actual package, so how could anyone mess that up? I don't want to delete my old address from the registry because my parents still live there and I visit them sometimes.

I found out about it on Friday after all customer service lines were closed for the weekend. I finally got to call them yesterday and they said they'd fix it. Today there were no package tracking updates. I called the store the package had ended up at, and they hadn't forwarded it yet.

Is this how Karens are born? It makes me REALLY want to just lash out at someone, but I know it's not the fault of anyone answering the customer service phone...  :enraged:

Wishlist

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2021, 12:18:44 PM »
^ Same! I want to strangle  someone at Comcast.

So... my parents got brand new fancy cable boxes. This had a negative effect on the modem, so they got a new modem too. The guy that installed everything also boosted the signal in the house with new connectors and wires. Anyway, everything is working fine except the landline phone which goes through the modem. It hasn't worked for close to 2 weeks. This is the only phone my mom uses since she doesn't have a cell.

I tried to fix it because no one else can. I tried all the troubleshooting tips and nothing worked, so I wanted to talk to an agent. Well. For one thing, I had to call them using my own phone and I have my own account with them. There was no way to switch accounts with the automatic thing and it wouldn't connect me to an agent. So I get my mom's laptop and try to do it online. I get ahold of someone in the chat finally and the battery on the laptop dies.

I brought all the info home and am going to try to do it from my place. The problem is with the modem not the phone. Comcast makes everything so difficult.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2021, 05:13:48 PM »
Don’t you love when your sibling has all day to play on the switch while you’re busy cleaning up after pets/other people and you get 15 minutes before she says “I want to play!”?

I don’t.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »
Finally managed to cut my grass after two weeks of Texas showers here along the gulf and man I can't wait to be free of the obligations of this yard! Also can't get under some of the trees because there's banana spiders and I'm really scared of them  :cry: :cry: thankfully the grass doesn't grow tall there but it's so awful to get a face full of web..
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2021, 07:04:09 PM »
I took a nap and woke up to ants in the cat food dish coming from a place I previously sprayed -_-

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2021, 07:00:30 AM »
I found what i think are rat droppings on my patio this morning. we don't even take food out there. and my dogs don't eat there. I hosed off the patio but eww!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline ridi

• Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2021, 02:23:48 PM »
Package update, I refreshed the tracking page to no avail all day, then in the evening, the package finally moved, but only to the city next to where it was stranded... and the status update says it's scheduled to be returned to sender?! Once again it is past customer service closing time so I'm just kind of. Staring at my screen in disbelief. This particular package cost me a small fortune to have shipped and I've already struggled with it for nearly a week now. If it really gets returned I promise they won't hear the end of it.  :stressed:

Wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2021, 03:59:12 AM »
So this morning I had an important meeting thingy on MS Teams, which by the way both my computer and I hate.

I got up early this morning to prepare for stuff.

...At 6am, when I went to open my bedroom door...it wouldn't open. It was completely stuck. I tried to loosen it but it wouldn't give, and I didn't have a screwdriver in my room. So (again, at 6am) I had to phone my mother to ask for help. Cue Dad with the screwdriver and pliers and my old bus pass...and 25 minutes of hard labour. Eventually I got out of my room.

...Not the meeting prep I had been looking to do.

And then the meeting happened. 5 mins before Teams refused to open. It eventually did, but for some reason my webcam failed. Bear in mind my webcam works perfectly 100% of the time up until today. Fortunately the other people didn't mind, as they could still hear me.

By the time we got to 10am, I was really ready to go back to bed. I have a door held shut with a folded envelope and a computer who now thinks everything is fine with its camera because the meeting is done.

Gah...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2021, 06:05:32 AM »
That is a nightmare Taffeta! Oh and my Dad's computer (and mine) hates MS teams as well, skype for business was much better.

Today my mop handle broke.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2021, 06:58:00 AM »
yes MS Teams is the worst. i don't understand why companies want people to use the webcams. i never use mine.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2021, 07:24:46 AM »
I'm sorry you had a rough morning Taffeta.  :hug:   

I've never used MS Teams but it was installed on all of the computers at work and set to come on automatically whenever you logged on to the computer.  My level of employment means that I didn't even have a log in to Teams despite the fact that it constantly asked me to join it.

My mom and I got in to yesterday. Part of it was about the craft store.  Apparently she got annoyed at me because I told her I didn't want to go to the store on Monday.  I wanted to go but I was trying to be accommodating and  thought she was too busy doing something else.  Sometimes I feel I'm in a no win situation.  If I try to be assertive then I'm told to wait until it's convenient and if I try to wait until it's convenient then I'm told I  should have been more assertive?  :cry:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ridi

• Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2021, 08:05:38 AM »
Continuing from yesterday...  :drunk:

I woke up to a new tracking update, the package had arrived in my country's capital, still with the label "returned to sender" from around... 4 am. I frantically called customer service begging them to please, PLEASE STOP THAT PACKAGE!!! but the guy did some investigation and came back to me telling me it was too late, but he was at least very nice and offered to open a case for me.

I sent another email complaining, then a few hours later... the tracking updated, still in my city, with "address changed". I got a follow-up email from customer service stating they had managed to catch the package before it was shipped across the ocean. I should be getting it tomorrow (because yes they still need an entire day to get it to me after they've treated me like garbage and it is IN MY CITY)... but honestly I am still going to be skeptical until I have it in my hands.

Like, how could they mess up this much?! First they mess up once, and I practically hold their hand through the entire process of getting it forwarded to my correct address, then they mess THAT up as well. I am honestly a bit dumbfounded.

Hopefully my next update will be in the smile thread  >_<

Wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2021, 08:20:41 AM »
Hoping that at least the package is on the right path now, ridi!!!

Thanks all. Yeah. The thing is and I think the reason my PC hates MSTeams is because I still have access to my university email address. But not my staff one, only my student one. And that automatically defaults on teams. But I also have a personal MS account and last night after much stress I got it to recognise that.
...Then this morning it told me it couldn't log into that and in the end I had to use the university one because it was the only way it would work. This may be a reason why the camera never worked.

This camera has been fine doing skype chats with sister over the last year and a half. I dunno what the issue is. It doesn't seem a very friendly software anyway.

As for the door - it now doesn't want to stay closed even if I try and prop it shut. One extreme to the other.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2021, 09:00:14 AM »
I'm out of my main antidepressant. I already called it in to the pharmacy but it's not ready yet. Worse, Wal Mart is out of Dr. Pepper. How will I function?! :drunk:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal