collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My MOC changing mane/tail ponies are leaking plasticizer what should I do? Pics  (Read 946 times)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
I have a MOC Junior who I believe has the same problem. Her head is discolored, too. =( Poor ponies! I think you did the best thing opening them.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Okay, have to admit this is the first time I've ever witnessed this! but now that I see it, I can finally understand what was up with the Fakie I cleaned up the other day! .. ucky.

LOL I had a fakie I had to take out to the bin the other day by her tail... she was ickyyy! I did pilfer her barrettes before she went though, heh..

Now I need a new pony to guard the pony books and DVD's!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

Poor ponies.  :(

How did you decard her without taking the bubble off? 
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile

The bottom looks like it was opened but only enough to get the pony out.

I didn't even know this could happen, it's sad they had to be taken out of the package but they seem like they'd be a lot nicer now at least.

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs

I have some very sharp/delicate knives as a result of leatherworking, I used one to slit under the bubble and with a few layers of the card, and only did the sides/bottom of the bubble. That way you can tile the bubble up and take out the inner tray and pony, without de-carding it.
I figured if I do pass on the boxes that people would want the bubbles and the accessories still in place.

Post Merge: April 29, 2013, 06:12:42 AM

And as a note the ponies are way, way nicer now. They've been air drying overnight and are back to 'normal' pony feel, albeit a bit stiffer because of the leaked plasticizer.

Has anyone else noticed that the quality of the G2 range nosedived towards the end? All of my Changing Mane girls have bubbles/open holes in their plastic from air getting trapped in the mould. Golden Light is the worst, on her back leg.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I'm glad your girls are looking better now. Thanks for sharing the de-carding method. :)

I have a MOC silver glow who I think is starting to leak plasticiser too, and I'm thinking I might have to de-card her. :(
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Yes! I have noticed that with later G2s but to be honest the whole line feels just a little bit cheaper [just in general finish] in some ways so I just presumed I was being overly judgemental :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
The earlier girls that the USA got are fairly good, I've not noticed too much deterioration aside from Dainty Dove, who seems determined to be cream coloured instead of white.

The later EURO releases are really lacking in, well, everything. And yet I still like them.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
I've seen a LOT of MOC G2's go that way. If they're somewhere warm it only gets worse lol. I've seen pics before where it looked as though the pony was sweating in her bubble lol. You deffo did the best thing there Dusky :) As someone else said, if they aren't mint, then they are MOC...They're just OC lol ^_~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I've seen a LOT of MOC G2's go that way. If they're somewhere warm it only gets worse lol. I've seen pics before where it looked as though the pony was sweating in her bubble lol. You deffo did the best thing there Dusky :) As someone else said, if they aren't mint, then they are MOC...They're just OC lol ^_~

Lol I love this term - OC - this should be used for any pony which is no longer perfect on her card :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
You did well.

I know this is going to be blasphemous of me to say, but by keeping things MIB/MOC is the same as saying bye-bye to your ponies (or anything else you want to keep mint like that). The plastic deteriorates over time, specially the type of plastic/PVC thing they use in toy boxes/cards. I had this conversation about this with my boyfriend and he said that it is doing much worse to the ponies by keeping them mint like that than letting them out in the open. Long story short, by keeping ponies mint like that, you are destroying them faster. As simple as that.

I should also mention he is a conservator/restorer of cultural heritage and art, so he, of all people, knows what he is talking about.

I really want to start a topic regarding this, but I know a lot of people won't really understand how much harm they are doing, so I'll just forget it (unless someone actually wants to know more about this?). I also understand why people want to keep items MIB to keep their value, but it doesn't change my opinion or the fact that it's not good in the long-run. But hey, tis joo choice, peeps !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal