collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: old stock on the shelves?  (Read 960 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
old stock on the shelves?
« on: April 06, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
I went to my local TRU today to see if Sunset Shimmer had shown up and geuss what I found? TWO Applejack's Swwet Apple Barns!! Wow...talk about OLD stock. I bought both since I don't have I MIB (one for trading...hee hee) so I was wondering, what's the coolest/best old stock find you've evr come across? What would you like to find? What would make you do the happy dance and squeel like a happy little idiot the way I did in front of 5 complete strangers!? Lol

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: old stock on the shelves?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »
Well.... TRU is stocking the G3.5s at our stores... so that's pretty old stock.  Don't have any interest in it though!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
Second that, LBS - this set is in-store at my local TRU, and also... online at TRU Canada?! :dizzy:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12871921

Weird.  Guess they found a dusty old container of stock somewhere...?  Still, I could wish they'd unearth a container of G1s!! :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »
Well.... TRU is stocking the G3.5s at our stores... so that's pretty old stock.  Don't have any interest in it though!

Yupp same with mine. I still need to find the favorites pack XD
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:35 PM »
I was at a random TRU and I found a couple zecoras! I bought them and also noticed that all TRUs I've been to have lots of the fan favourite exclusive sets in stock.  I hope the same goes for the second one that comes out :) I was worried I wouldn't get the first one for awhile there.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
3.5 set is some kind of anniversary edition...I don't think they're coming out permanently, thank goodness! I went to Toronto yesteday and went to two TRU's looking for Zecora...I guess now I know who to blame for not finding any! ;)

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »
Non pony related item ~ About 5 years ago my oldest son was into those galatic hero star war figurines where they were packed in pairs. He really wanted the Aniken holding two swords but he was out a year earlier so I never could find him. People were selling him on ebay for over $50 just for that figurine! I just wanted it for my 6yr old...lol. Well I went into a store called Magic Mart and they had that pack and another old one he didn't have! They were all crushed and dusty and plus when I went to check out, they were clearanced :) He was happy to have them and I kept them and now my 3yr old loves playing with them too. It's really fun finding older stock

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »
well.. earlier last  year  well later really near the  end  sometime between august and november. lol i live in a very small town.. nad the  nearest palce that has ponys is  family dollar.well i went int here.. lookng for them and i found  the entire first wave  minus lily blossom.  at different times.. lol  i  remmeber finding honey buzz stuffed on a endcap hidden and i just happened to be in frotn of a Family dollar employee nad i'm sqeeign nad jumping. becuae she was the last one i needed lol i went to two differnet famiyl dollars and got all of themi needed XD  that parcialer ones always has older stuff.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
Non pony related item ~ About 5 years ago my oldest son was into those galatic hero star war figurines where they were packed in pairs. He really wanted the Aniken holding two swords but he was out a year earlier so I never could find him. People were selling him on ebay for over $50 just for that figurine! I just wanted it for my 6yr old...lol. Well I went into a store called Magic Mart and they had that pack and another old one he didn't have! They were all crushed and dusty and plus when I went to check out, they were clearanced :) He was happy to have them and I kept them and now my 3yr old loves playing with them too. It's really fun finding older stock

I love that it was called Magic Mart.  It's the store that appears to parents when a child wishes hard enough.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 08:32:05 PM »
I found a bunch of old stock at 1 particular Superstore on the other end of the city last Fall. I found Cup Cake, Blossomforth, Lulu Luck, the Carousel Boutique and the Sweet Slumbers set with Star Dreams. More recently I found Applejack's barn and Cheerilee's school house, I bought an extra school for trading too  ;)

Those were all for my daughter. The funniest find was when I decided I wanted a Star Dreams for myself but that set was no where to be found. I was at a movie with my sister and decided to check the Superstore next to it afterwards. I saw a Sweet Slumbers set on a center aisle display. I squealed and ran down the aisle, almost knocking over a lady in my haste to grab the set. My sister was thoroughly embarassed, lol  :blush:

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 12:55:19 AM »
Wow...those G3.5 never find me here.  Do you guys see the baby ponies?
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 01:53:37 AM »
I wouldn't mind finding some old G3.5s, they've grown on me.

I think the Target around here is mostly current but I'm so unfamiliar with G4 toys, I couldn't tell you.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 03:12:38 AM »
Gosh this is a popular topic at the moment.

I have and still do encounter the mermaid G3.5s quit a bit in stores, especially TK Maxx or any smaller independent toy shop.

However the best old stock stories I have heard were from about 2008-2009 when a couple of different members in South Africa came across some stores which were still selling later G1s!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »
I'd love to come across a G3.5 Toola still in the store. lol

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »
3.5 set is some kind of anniversary edition...I don't think they're coming out permanently, thank goodness! I went to Toronto yesteday and went to two TRU's looking for Zecora...I guess now I know who to blame for not finding any! ;)

The TRU near me has about 8 Zecoras... Since I don't really keep on G4 stuff, I do not know what's significant to find. :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal