collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day Dads... share your daddy pony moment  (Read 659 times)

Templeflower

• Trade Count: (0)
Happy Fathers Day Dads... share your daddy pony moment
« on: June 17, 2012, 06:41:52 AM »
Ok, so I know there aren't many dads on the forum. But Happy Fathers Day to them should they stumble upon this thread. I know many of us were encourage in our MLP love by our dads, so share the love pony pals! Give us your favorite daddy pony moment.

Here's mine:

I was probably 6, and had just gotten my first ponies (These were G1 days) So I wanted to take my girls Bowtie and Firefly with me to church for Easter. Mom said no, she didn't want the getting lost. But dad... Dad smuggled them in for me, and passed them over once we were sitting down. :lovey: I still remember hugging those two and looking up at him like Wow!

Thanks Daddy! Still lovin ponies, and always lovin you!

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Fathers Day Dads... share your daddy pony moment
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
Heehee!

My dad bought me a MLP from a yard sale 3 weeks ago. It was just a MickeyD's Rarity, bit it's the thought that counts. Considering that I'm 34, this is a bit off the wall but thoroughly awesome.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:12:16 AM »
I remember when I was 5 my dad took me to walmart and I got my first non-handndmedown pony :)  It was something special since they were really hard to find in stores and it took my parents a long while to realize I wanted ponies, not barbies^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 08:41:42 AM »
I was 6. And for my birthday, my dad got me Glory. My dad has never bought gifts really. He always had my mom do it. But this time the little tag only had his name on it.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
Dad sent a message yesterday asking what he was buying Mouse for her B-day.  (I buy, tell him amount and what it is, he transfers $)  I told him mama/baby custom Mimics as the real thing is way too much $$ for a 7 yo and the baby does not exist IRL pony.  He admits to having no clue what I am talking about, but goes with it.  :)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 11:19:37 PM »
My dad would always take me flea marketing and drive me to places so that I could buy ponies. He was the one who was the first to acknowledge me as a collector of ponies and one day after horse-back riding (I was like 8) he said that he had found and answered an ad in the paper and that we could go look at two ponies. I of course said yes.
We got there and they had Tex and Steamer. They were my first boys ever.
(not to mention the time around xmas when I was 6 or 7 and he snuck out for half an hour and returned with some presents.. Baby Susie and Mommy berrytown *happyface*)

When it comes to ponies my dad has always been extremely supportive and that's awesome :D

Appleseed

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:41:14 AM »
Awww I love these stories! I don't have any of my own to share but I like this thread. ^^ Happy Father's Day!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal