collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your ponies are alive : what do you do?  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
Re: Your ponies are alive : what do you do?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
Stop drinking...

*remembers I'm a teetotaler*

...Start drinking.

The following is a pretty accurate dramatization as to what would happen:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2016, 09:02:35 PM »
Stop drinking...

*remembers I'm a teetotaler*

...Start drinking.

The following is a pretty accurate dramatization as to what would happen:

LMFAO! Yeah, that visual sums it up very well.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »
I'd probably only dig living toys if it was like Toy Story and not as in living, breathing, animals... o-o

First I'd totally apologize to my childhood ponies for treating 'em the way I did. Then apologize to the rest of my collection for keeping them stuffed inside shoe boxes and containers since I moved into my new place almost a year ago. ^^; Then I would offer to give them a good pampering like washing/styling their hair if that's what they desired. Assuming it's like Toy Story they'd WANT to be played with since they know they are toys and seem to get sad if they are ignored.  I'd also warn them to avoid making the cat interested.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »
So just to add a postscript to this...

Today I went to a carboot sale. Saw lots of g3, which I don't collect, and a Pinkie Pie doll, which I bought (50p).

I bought her, shoved her into a bag inside mine and travelled back. 1 train and 2 buses later, I get home, open my bag and...

From inside, a voice suddenly goes, "Hii!"

....Apparently she is a talking Pinkie. But she was mute till that moment...talk about timing!!

:lol: That's priceless and after reading this thread too!

Post Merge: May 31, 2016, 12:25:09 PM

I'd probably only dig living toys if it was like Toy Story and not as in living, breathing, animals... o-o

First I'd totally apologize to my childhood ponies for treating 'em the way I did. Then apologize to the rest of my collection for keeping them stuffed inside shoe boxes and containers since I moved into my new place almost a year ago. ^^; Then I would offer to give them a good pampering like washing/styling their hair if that's what they desired. Assuming it's like Toy Story they'd WANT to be played with since they know they are toys and seem to get sad if they are ignored.  I'd also warn them to avoid making the cat interested.

I'd be okay with Toy Story alive. That could be a lot of fun, up until my TFs, Mega Man toys, Skylanders and Toy horses came to life. They'd all be trying to bump each other off for the best shelf space.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:25:09 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2016, 12:37:06 PM »
That made me think. If it was just the ponies, it'd be chaotic enough - I don't know how many ponies live in my room, but it's at the very least several hundred sets of hooves of various generations. However, if it then spread to my dolls...

So you see, my Jem dolls live in their own cabinet which was built for them when the room was redone about ten years ago. Before that, they lived on shelves. At that time, dolls kept falling off the shelf. It was always the doll next to or in front of this one particular Aja doll, so my sister and I nicknamed her evil Aja. She is my 2nd edition Aja doll.

Now they're in and on the cabinet, and Aja lives on the top. Since they've been there, 2nd Shana and 2nd Kimber (the dolls who live beside her) have BOTH gone flying off the top of the cabinet for no apparent reason.

This is very odd to me, because it's always the dolls around this Aja that go flying.

So if they were to actually come to life...oh dear. I think that might just be chaos ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2016, 12:42:41 PM »

I'd be okay with Toy Story alive. That could be a lot of fun, up until my TFs, Mega Man toys, Skylanders and Toy horses came to life. They'd all be trying to bump each other off for the best shelf space.
That honestly makes me question whether or not I'd even want a Toy Story setting, now. I've got a TON TF's and various other toy collections. If they ALL came to life I suspect there would be a lot more than just bumping each other around the the shelves. .__.; Would they all get along? How long would it take for them to realize they are toys? 
Even if it was just the ponies, how well would THEY get along? What if there were prejudices between the different generations? Plus how fun would living toys be in the the long-term? Would you get sick of having so many tiny, talking beings in your house? You'd never be alone anymore.

Edit: Plus you'd have to worry about every new toy you bought, too. Toy Story-wise, most toys come out of the box under the belief they are that character. Every new Megatron would be trying to rally the rest of my Decepticons to fight all the Autobots.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:47:39 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2016, 06:32:21 PM »
That made me think. If it was just the ponies, it'd be chaotic enough - I don't know how many ponies live in my room, but it's at the very least several hundred sets of hooves of various generations. However, if it then spread to my dolls...

So you see, my Jem dolls live in their own cabinet which was built for them when the room was redone about ten years ago. Before that, they lived on shelves. At that time, dolls kept falling off the shelf. It was always the doll next to or in front of this one particular Aja doll, so my sister and I nicknamed her evil Aja. She is my 2nd edition Aja doll.

Now they're in and on the cabinet, and Aja lives on the top. Since they've been there, 2nd Shana and 2nd Kimber (the dolls who live beside her) have BOTH gone flying off the top of the cabinet for no apparent reason.

This is very odd to me, because it's always the dolls around this Aja that go flying.

So if they were to actually come to life...oh dear. I think that might just be chaos ;)

That is seriously creepy. Your Aja seems to be possessed! I am so glad my Merriweather doesn't act like that.

lostpony

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2016, 07:00:03 PM »

That honestly makes me question whether or not I'd even want a Toy Story setting, now. I've got a TON TF's and various other toy collections. If they ALL came to life I suspect there would be a lot more than just bumping each other around the the shelves. .__.; Would they all get along? How long would it take for them to realize they are toys? 
Even if it was just the ponies, how well would THEY get along? What if there were prejudices between the different generations? Plus how fun would living toys be in the the long-term? Would you get sick of having so many tiny, talking beings in your house? You'd never be alone anymore.

Edit: Plus you'd have to worry about every new toy you bought, too. Toy Story-wise, most toys come out of the box under the belief they are that character. Every new Megatron would be trying to rally the rest of my Decepticons to fight all the Autobots.

So this has all probably been done on Youtube already?  There is a whole LPS vs MLP epic...was too time consuming to watch more than a few little bits.

Maybe it'd be a Lord of the Flies scenario...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2016, 08:08:54 PM »

Look at the bright side, it'd cut down on numbers-I mean Shame on them! :pout:

As for alone time, yeah...that'd be a big problem. You could always dump them in the garage when you need some youtime. Or you and lover time, or family time.

Maybe it would bring the rise of toy daycare services?

Want a candlelit romantic homecooked dinner with your sweetie? Make an appt. Your Starscream getting bit by your Gusty and the ensuing argument gives you a migraine? You know who to call. :lol:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2016, 08:14:30 PM »
Wake up..  :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »

That's creepy.  :shocked:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »
You can actually see her lurking with intent, now I look at my photos O.o.

Spoiler

(light blue hair, in the purplish top and spotted skirt)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:16:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal