collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your own pony renames  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Your own pony renames
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
Sure. I call my Twinkle Hope, Twinkling
 my Whistle Wishes, Dream Cloud
my Waterfire, Firewater because the flame is on top
and I'm trying to figure out a name for my Blushie...because yuck! >_<
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:55:46 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 02:55:38 PM »
My ponies had swedish names. Sunburst was called Snygg, which means "good-looking" or even "hot". Ironic really since, as my friend (who most often played him and thus named him) pointed this out, he was really ugly (he's always had cancer, for as long as I remember).
Moonstone was my favourite. Her name was Planeten, litterary "the planet" (definite form). I think Baby Explorer was called Lofty after the character on the show, but it might have been ballongen ("the balloon").

When G2 came I got Sky Skimmer. I made the common(?) mistake of calling her Sky Shimmer. It's kind of weird since I'm pretty sure that every G2 that I've kept the backcards of have swedish names. If anyone finds a scan of hers, I'd love to check it out.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »
I'm not sure where I got my childhood Pony Bride from, but she must have been loose (maybe from a thrift store?) because I never even knew she had once had any accessories. She was still one of my favorite toys though, and I just called her "Bluebird", because her symbol includes...purple birds...yeah. Child logic! I still call her that today, haha.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:50 PM »
All the time as a kid because most of mine where hand me downs. So I didn't know the real names.
Tex=Cactus
4-Speed=Big Rig
Fizzy=Soda Float

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
All the time as a kid because most of mine where hand me downs. So I didn't know the real names.
Tex=Cactus
4-Speed=Big Rig
Fizzy=Soda Float

That's ok, I used to call my childhood Salty Tugboat, because I thought it was a dumb name. -_-'

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »
I knew this girl in my class named Shante who I swear looked, oddly enough, like my childhood Star Glow. So Star Glow was always Shante to me. (Pronounced like shawn-tay.)

Then there was Lovin Kisses, who was Magenta to me because of her hair. I remember being really disappointed when I learned her real name. Such a pretty pony, such a missed opportunity in terms of naming.

As a collector, I really don't like to re-name my ponies because I like being able to refer to them and have others know what pony I'm talking about. As a fakie fan, however, I do have lots of creative names for some of my fakies! Which is probably a good thing, because those poor girls didn't have names to begin with at all. Some of my more creative names are Tulip Bomb (Remco fakie with symbols that could pass for both tulips and bombs), Spiced Cider (a bright red CPK with a green apple symbol), and Poker (an orange Spanish fakie with a symbol that looks like the suit of clubs).

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
I used to call Dazzle Surprise "Razzle Dazzle" instead.

I also renamed So Soft Twilight to Miss Candle

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »
I have two blue Baby Embers from my childhood. (They ran out of pink and mailed me a second blue one. Or something.) They are twins I named Isabel and Amber. The only ponies I ever allowed to have Sharpie on them so I could tell them apart.

Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 10:32:03 PM »
Well, I don't know if this really counts, but because I'm from Finland, I always used the finnish cartoon names for ponies as a kid. Gusty for example was "Myrsky", which would translate as storm. Windwhistler was "Tuulenhenki" or wind spirit in english. Fizzy is my favorite, she's "Säpinä" in finnish.

Those are just beautiful!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »
I havent...but my mum calls Chief, "Snake" *head desk*

Heh! Why? Does he remind her of a snake or something?

While it's not mine, my friend has called Fluttershy 'Shutterfly' so many times that we both just accept it and call her that lol.

:lol:

When I was little, most of my ponies came secondhand, or, if I bought them from stores I just forgot their names, so lots of them had new names. I found a list once of the names I'd made for them. Most I can't remember, but one I've always thought was superior to the original name was Jumper for Baby Tappy (the little pink newborn with shoes as her symbol). She's even in a ready-to-jump pose. I'd have mine leap all over the place. :) Oh, yeah, and I had twin Baby Pineapples, so they were Pine and Apple. And twin Li'l Honeypies, so they were Baby and Bottle (from their symbols).

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
I just remembered that as a kid, I misnamed Princess Crystal. Now Crystal is a beautiful name but she had a swedish name -- Trylleria *twitch* It's rather ugly IMO. It sounds like a tarot card reader at an amusement park, an oracle you wouldn't take seriously, someone only in it for the money. I associate it with the name Trelawny from Harry Potter.
However, I couldn't pronounce her name and she became my "Trollerina" instead. It may sound stupid in english but "trolla" is swedish for "making magic". Back then I found it very pretty but yes, nowadays, used to describe the activity of "trolling".
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
I havent...but my mum calls Chief, "Snake" *head desk*

Heh! Why? Does he remind her of a snake or something?

While it's not mine, my friend has called Fluttershy 'Shutterfly' so many times that we both just accept it and call her that lol.

:lol:

When I was little, most of my ponies came secondhand, or, if I bought them from stores I just forgot their names, so lots of them had new names. I found a list once of the names I'd made for them. Most I can't remember, but one I've always thought was superior to the original name was Jumper for Baby Tappy (the little pink newborn with shoes as her symbol). She's even in a ready-to-jump pose. I'd have mine leap all over the place. :) Oh, yeah, and I had twin Baby Pineapples, so they were Pine and Apple. And twin Li'l Honeypies, so they were Baby and Bottle (from their symbols).

I think she thought the hose on his symbol was a snake...she can be a bit peculiar :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »
Well when they first released Baby Romperoni in G3 she had no name, I believe. As a kid I called her Grape Sparkle. She was Pink Sun Sparkle's sister.

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »
quaterback was called football.

and still to this day I have stuck in my head - applejacks. not applejack.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal