collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 455 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay
« on: January 17, 2014, 07:30:03 AM »
So I bought a giant Minty plush (hooray! Wanted her forever!). During the auction the seller told me it'd be about $60 to ship it to me (we're both in the US). Last night I requested the invoice since it was still missing the shipping cost and I couldn't pay, and he sent an invoice asking for $110 in shipping.

Wth.  >_<

I noticed that $50 is how much extra money he would have gotten if I had chosen the BIN option. I messaged him asking about it anyway, but I'm pretty annoyed!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:40:17 PM by ponycake »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:37:31 AM »
*moving this over to Trader Support*  :heart: PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »
Ugh, that's underhanded. Keep us posted on what happens!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
Politely reply back and tell him that you'd already requested a shipping total before your bid and was told $60. If he still insists on the higher shipping cost, request to cancel the auction since he is now giving you different quote. I'd call ebay to, just to check and see if there is something else that needed done too so he can't open a NPB case on you.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:40:47 PM »
He offered to send me the measurements so I could calculate shipping myself and I kind of said sure, that's fine, maybe I can help find a cheaper method.

I pretty much want it enough to pay the extra $50 if I have to... but it seems like overkill to me. I bought the giant Frilly Frocks on Ebay like 2 years ago and that was around $60 in shipping I think. Anyone else in the US know a ballpark estimate that should be right?

Also, he told me $60 based off of a Frilly Frocks he shipped last week within the US. I found that auction and noticed he asked for about the same amount of money in that auction's shipping quote, around $110 or so, can't remember the exact amount. I wonder if he refunded that buyer the extra shipping costs. :\
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:43:32 PM by ponycake »

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
hmm it doesnt sound right to me ...

Mum uses this site to price up heavy & big parcels, we are in the UK though so not sure if it works for you 2 but should help you find the cheapest price
http://www.parcel2go.com/?gclid=CPystMDAhrwCFZLKtAodGSAAyA

We do ship to america & worldwide all the time though. It tends to be £80 - £100 + when we send something really heavy like a lot of china but this is to the other side of the world. I can't believe his top quote with in america doesn't make sense :/
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 05:11:55 PM »
Thanks! Currently still waiting on measurements, he said he's at work, that he understands, and that he 'doesn't make money off of shipping.' That doesn't really explain why he told me $60 before I bid or where he got $110 from. Anyway, I know how tall she is but not how much she weighs or anything before being packed up.

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
Could you guess the weight by weighing your Frilly Frocks? would give you a guestimate on the price then. I'm sure there is a cheaper way you just have to search for it.
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »
Wish I had her here with me! She's at my parent's home with the majority of my collection since I don't really have the room in my apartment. I'm just going to play around with guesses and see what results I get. I don't know his zip code either.  :huh:

Post Merge: January 17, 2014, 11:10:52 PM

Okkk. Seller got home and sent me the dimensions of the box and the weight (19 lbs) and I checked some of the postage calculators for different carriers. Through USPS it is quoting $108! Fedex is quoting $92 which isn't that big of a difference. I'm just going to pay him and hope he refunds any excess if it turns out to be cheaper. :\

But why he would tell me $60 when he shipped out basically the same thing a week ago that he quoted $108 for I dunno. >_<
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:10:52 PM by ponycake »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 04:53:16 AM »

But why he would tell me $60 when he shipped out basically the same thing a week ago that he quoted $108 for I dunno. >_<

Good question :huh:  it *is* a bit confusing.... :drunk: 
...the only answer I can come up with is that  maybe the FF had been unstuffed before/ then restuffed with less stuffing when she first reached the US (they were only available in Australia werent they originally?  I had an Aussie friend send me a giant Minty unstuffed to lower the shipping to me in the UK and I restuffed her myself later....)  if that FF had been previosuly unstuffed/restuffed, it might make her weigh less...and the seller perhaps didnt know that and so didnt realise that Minty would weigh a lot more with her original stuffing in?... just a theory :awake:

I guess if you still want her and are willing to pay the extra, just check the shipping when she arrives.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 05:48:15 AM »
Will do, thanks! I believe Frilly Frocks was also available in the US as a mail order, but the others were not. I ended up paying $100 for shipping so that's not as horrible as $110, but still.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal