collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have these girls had haircuts? (Pic Heavy)  (Read 3038 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Have these girls had haircuts? (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »
It's hard to tell from pictures - Softies already have much less flocking to begin with than So-Softs, after all.  In the end she's your pony. 

Whats a Softie?
I want to know too???
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »
The last set of flocked ponies don't have the same fur/flocking as the originals (Magic Star, Lofty, Paradise, etc etc.); that would be Bangles, Crumpet, Taffy, Twilight, Angel, unsure about Hippity Hop). It's noticeably shorter and "fuzzier" than the first lot with little nap. 

They used to be called softies instead sometimes, I guess the term has fallen out of use in the decade I've been out of the collector scene.  I think it evolved to refer to the large plush ponies instead.  Sorry to confuse you all. X3
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:16:18 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Personally I wouldn't rehair either of them. They both still look great, even if they do have minor trims! =)

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to. I think that Taffy probably has not had a trim, and Crumpet probably has. Whoever did Crumpet's trim did a relatively good job, and it's cute. The parts that bother me the most, that are not immediately clear from the pictures because I was trying to get a picture of length and not style, are the way the front falls straight in her eyes, and the way the forelock sticks straight up almost like Alfalfa from "Our Gang."

Whatever I do, I will post pictures when I am finished. It might be a while, I am doing the pegasi first. They are the biggest pains to deflock because of all the little creases in their wings.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 02:28:38 AM »
The last set of flocked ponies don't have the same fur/flocking as the originals (Magic Star, Lofty, Paradise, etc etc.); that would be Bangles, Crumpet, Taffy, Twilight, Angel, unsure about Hippity Hop). It's noticeably shorter and "fuzzier" than the first lot with little nap. 

They used to be called softies instead sometimes, I guess the term has fallen out of use in the decade I've been out of the collector scene.  I think it evolved to refer to the large plush ponies instead.  Sorry to confuse you all. X3

Really? Having now examined under a bright desk light lol...I honestly cant tell the difference...weird but cool to learn something new.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 08:48:12 AM »
I can see the difference, but you can also feel it.  Put your finger on the forehead (or other area with dense flocking) of a first set flocked pony, wiggle it back and forth, then do the same with a second set.  There's more "play" in the flocking, because it is longer, on the first set than the second. It's a lot easier to see the hairs on, say, North Star than Angel, too.  If your pony's flocking is already thin there might not be a big difference, but I've definitely noted it with mine.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »
Huh, I didn't know that! The only So-Soft I have from the second set is Angel, and her flocking's so rubbed off I couldn't what it originally was like.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal