collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just about done with ebay  (Read 1070 times)

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Just about done with ebay
« on: January 31, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »
So I bought a new cd I've been wanting and the listing showed clear as day and said in the listing it was explicit but as soon as it arrived I seens its edited.

I immediately contacted the seller and told them and they wanted proof like they didn't believe me. So I sent a pic and they wouldn't reply so I told them I was going to open a case and they finally reply saying they're waiting for a reply from ebay to see if they'll refund me.

Well I went to open a case and all I can do is return it at my own expense. How is this fair!?! In between our messages I asked them to pay return shipping and all they wanted was proof. Ugh I'm so ticked off. I don't see why I should be out any money when none of this is my fault. I just want my cd :(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:36:12 PM by 01mlplover »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Just about done with ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:00 AM »
I am going to bump this over to Trader Support for you  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 06:41:07 AM »
:hug:  What a pain eh? really disappointing :(  unfortunately that's all ebay usually does - makes you send it back at your own expense for a full refund. Sometimes they will pay the return when an item is not as described but its the exception rather than the rule. If it's not an expensive item the only real choice you have once the seller stops working with you is to keep the item and leave appropriate honest feedback. Otherwise you would lose money sending it back as you have to send it with tracking etc and its not worth it unless it's something valuable.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:22:34 AM »
I know that very recently a buyer opened a case against me, claiming the item wasn't as described (it turned out to be a misunderstanding on the buyer's part in the end, though). eBay said that I'd have to pay the shipping back for it. I was  given some other options too (partial refund, etc.).

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »
It won't let me open a case. All it does is instantly go to a page to request to return the item...

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »
One of the things that makes me leeriest of using Ebay and Paypal is this :huh: It's a seller's responsibility to make sure they provide a clear description of their items and you shouldn't be paying because they've failed to do so (and in this case, lied).

I'd call Ebay and explain the situation, and see if they'll cover the return postage or something.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 04:00:32 AM »
One of the things that makes me leeriest of using Ebay and Paypal is this :huh: It's a seller's responsibility to make sure they provide a clear description of their items and you shouldn't be paying because they've failed to do so (and in this case, lied).

I'd call Ebay and explain the situation, and see if they'll cover the return postage or something.

Actually that's true - sometimes calling ebay and talking to them about the situation makes a difference. I remember someone doing that with a pony (not an expensive one) which wasn't as described but which would cost too much to return and they the  buyer would be losing money since the item did not have a high value. They asked ebay for advice on what to do and I believe ebay paid for the return postage then ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline dollhands

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 11:20:39 PM »
It won't let me open a case. All it does is instantly go to a page to request to return the item...

I recently found out that you can open a case with ebay items directly through paypal. It took me ages to figure it out cause I had the same problem with it saying to "return the item".

Find the payment in paypal and click on "Details" and this message should be at the bottom:

"Having problems with this transaction? Please talk directly to the seller and try to resolve the issue with them. You can still report the problem in the Resolution Centre within 180 days."

Click on the Resolution Centre link and then you can open a case. :)
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal