collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping Internationally on eBay help please!  (Read 346 times)

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
Shipping Internationally on eBay help please!
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:41:41 AM »
I have several original release Monster High dolls on eBay. I have them marked as domestic only, but I've had several people ask if I will ship internationally. I've shipped internationally before, on the arena and other places but never on eBay. Does eBay offer any protection to me if the item gets lost? How do I go about protecting myself, seeing as these dolls are really valuable? Also, since the auctions are marked domestic only, can I even change them now to include international? I don't sell on eBay much. Any help is really appreciated! Thanks!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Internationally on eBay help please!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:03:37 AM »
Ebay only offers you protection if the item is shipped International with tracking. Which means you would have to send it USPS EXPRESS MAIL INTERNATIONAL and that is if you are planning on using USPS. There are other options such as FEDEX or UPS but in short they are all pretty pricey.  This is Paypal rules regarding it. In there eyes the package has to show that it was in fact delivered to be protected. It doesn't matter if you send it insured or not, that is basically for your protection should it go missing. 

So the Catch 22 is eBay constantly tries to promote our selling to Canada and other countries, but if we do, and don't follow PayPal's rules and shipments get lost, we lose... if we follow PayPal's rules and only use Express Mail International, UPS, or FedEx, buyers won't be able to justify the high shipping costs for many items! It's a joke, really.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:52:46 AM »
I honestly do not ship international on ebay.  I have had problems with not being able to track packages because I choose the cheaper shipping options.  And you might put the high price express option on, and then an intl buyer wins, and then they might msg you and ask for cheaper option.  And that puts you in a predicament (sp?).  I do make exceptions for Arena members internationally because I know more about the buyer and there is usually better communication and understanding.  If you want to add intl sellers, go to the Account tab in My Ebay.

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »
And you might put the high price express option on, and then an intl buyer wins, and then they might msg you and ask for cheaper option.

This is exactly what I'm worried about. I've shipped international and know how to, but I am not willing to ship international without tracking and thus higher cost.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »
If you list Express International as your only shipping option outside the country, and a buyer still completes the sale, they are obligated to pay for that shipping... otherwise you can file a non-paying bidder report against them! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal