collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed! **MY PONY IS BACK!**  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed!
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »
More pictures than you think is nescessary.. Use photo bucket or something and embed the pictures into the description text using HTML to save on some money, and overly describe any teeny tiny flaw.. The PRAY that they read it all.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »
Reading the auction is the problem. Many buyers don't and then leave inappropriate feedback.

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
Wow sorry you are going through this. Thanks for posting the username, not someone I want to deal with. I find it *very* odd she didn't give you a reason for wanting to return in her very first message. What are you, psychic? a detective? why did she think you had to ask her for a reason if she wasn't just upfront and offering one? and why then when you offered a return, no problem, did she get all uppity about you not asking for a reason and threaten you with a case?

*shakes head* some funny ebay buyers out there, hope it is all closed off and sorted for you soon.

and for what its worth that pony looks gorgeous!!

- Gaspode
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
Just bumping to see if you ever got a tracking number or anything?

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »
Hi guys! Sorry I have been away this weekend for a wedding.

Pony is back here today! Submitted a full refund. Glad this is over with x____x
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Help with an eBay Buyer! Opinions needed! **MY PONY IS BACK!**
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2012, 02:30:58 AM »
What do you think of how she looks now that she is back? I mean, she came back in her original condition right?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:33:39 AM by Maniah »

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »
Oh god I'm happy it's over too. Now you can relist her :-)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »
I hope she wasn't thinking that because the hair needs to be styled!  :(  I've noticed many new collectors aren't aware of how to style pony hair and aren't interested in learning...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:18 PM »
Phew. *This* is what has been putting me off returning to ebay from either side.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
 :hug: I am glad you can put this behind you now.

Hopefully now you can relist her and have her go to a home that will love her?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
:hug:  I'm really glad that you got your pony back now, and you dont have to deal with this anymore.  I'm sure you'll find a new home for her soon too  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2012, 07:07:41 AM »
I'm so happy for you. Anyone would be MAD to send that precious bundle back, if I was buying G3's atm, I'd take her happily. and honestly, for three pounds? pfft, those girls often go for more than that.

My g3's are all over the place. Glue in tails, over symbols, smudged eyes, etc, slightly uneven hair is the least of their problems! Even some of the g2's had factory flaws, my Tipsy Tulip and Moonshadow both had tail pulls straight out of package, and I had two Cupcakes - Mine and a friend's, both bought and unpackaged together, but mine had amazing hair, hers was shockingly bad.

I'm a perfectionist, but seriously, I'd be scared to sell to her. When you know a pony, you don't nearly scrutinize it as much as you should sometimes... Thankfully I always take gazillions of photos, just like with my real horses before they go on a transport!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
Oh goodness...reading through this was disturbing for me.  That pony doesn't have any haircuts at all.  I can't tell you how many ponies I have taken out of the box that are uneven, that just sooooo common with G3s.  I am really sorry that you have had to go through this at this level over something that is clearly a factory issue.  Buyers do not always know about factory errors even though they may call themselves collectors...they may not actually study the common issues with each generation.  It doesn't mean they have to like it, but if you want even hair you most likely will not find that often with many G3's and especially if they have had their hair brushed.  Its always a good idea to give your seller a chance before opening cases.  That is last resort.  Selling on ebay is so hard now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:52:19 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »
It is as important to be a good buyer as it is to be a good seller on ebay!

For instance, I just received a winterberry in atrocious condition. Her listing said 'no major pen marks', but she has pen all over her. I considered leaving bad feedback, I was extremely disappointed, but then I looked at the listing and her feedback profile, and didn't. She'd left me good feedback, which usually indicates good faith. She'd had no idea who the other pony in the listing was, and the majority of the pen was on one side. Looking at the other listings, she was obviously a mother of several children, and the problems had obviously either been overlooked, or she'd described the wrong pony, as there were two listings for ponies, and as I bought both, I knew the other one was without major pen marks.

A simple mistake by someone who leads a busy life and it's a wonder gets online at all! Obviously not a collector, and obviously not malicious.

I left feedback for the good transaction, not the other. I didn't want to affect her 100% score for a simple mistake, or even bother her with the details. I paid next to nothing, I was happy regardless.

You really need to look at the seller when these things happen, and not jump right to ebay like a ninja. You can usually work it out with the seller, just use tracking just like you would with a dispute, take screenies/photos of everything as proof, and it usually all works out. A good feedback rating usually indicates good communication! I've never had an ebay dispute for anything other than items getting lost in the post. Even then sometimes the seller and I work it out, but I only buy replaceable items from those areas/sellers in future!

Oh, and put return address labels on everything, you never know!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
Did you message the seller at all in that situation, stormness? I can certainly understand busy lives and honest mistakes, but even if you're not going to leave a negative or don't need the seller to do anything, I still think you should, at minimun, let them know in a situation like that. You may not be the only person to receive an item that did not match the description, and while you might not mind, a lot of people would. It would be in the sellers best interest to at least be made aware that they had made a mistake so they could be more careful in the future.

I once received a pony with all sorts of marks, cancer, and haircuts that the seller hadn't mentioned. I didn't really mind as it became a bait for me, but I still sent the seller a friendly message explaining the flaws and giving them some links to information on pony conditions, like cancer. That way they hopefully wouldn't get any disappointed sellers in the future. They were very apologetic and receptive of the new information and I still left positive feedback :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal