collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65848 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #900 on: July 08, 2023, 01:56:20 PM »
Carrehz, welcome back :D I'm glad your trip was a good one!

PBW, you sound so busy! You've got to show off all your creations when they're finished :)

I didn't get over to see my mom like I'd planned. Maybe tomorrow. I've been tired today and just got up from a nap. I got more flour tortillas so I can make more of the leftovers. I made a big batch of filling with spanish rice and black beans, tomatoes, chilies, onions, salsa and fiesta cheese with pulled chicken. I made more than I realized and quickly ran out of tortillas. But now I can have them for dinner again :) I will not misuse the oil guard this time.

Other than that, I've been thinking of more things I can sell. I'm slowly listing everything on eBay. I need to move the rest of my pony sales over there. I need to go through all my clothes. I think there are some other bits and things I could sell in my junk drawers, which are a catch-all for things that don't otherwise have a place.

I'm really feeling the itch to needle felt, but I have to do some work on my swap custom. Shipping is the end of the month and there is still quite a lot to do.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 09, 2023, 11:37:18 AM »
Packing up my dolls! I'm preparing for moving in the future (I don't have a place but want to prepare my collectables and everything I CAN prepare in advance so I'm not overwhelmed when it DOES happen) and my goodness I have a lot of dust in my house because of my animals ... It's nice seeing my Once Upon a Zombie dolls up close again!

I used to have SO many Monster High ones before selling because I needed the cask  :cry: I refused to part with my Catty Noir 13 Wishes and my Londoom Catty with her little corset and Iris Clops boots, very happy I did! I got another Pack O'Trouble and Frights, Camera, Action Clawdia and I'm happy to add G3 Abbey to the lineup when they're unpacked again!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #902 on: July 09, 2023, 05:47:56 PM »
i haven't been feeling all that well for the last few days. just general feeling rundown and lethargic. i felt better when i woke up this morning and was even able to get some light housework done. i think i overdid it and now i feel bad again.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 09, 2023, 10:15:17 PM »
BC the fillings sound yummy!!! And of course you feel tired a lot, catching up on sleep???
Frostbite you're doing well at organising, better than me!!!
Beth poor you!!! Yep, you have to not rush or overdo stuff!!!

After moving the Flutters & Wingers I was able to put another building on display: the G3 ice-cream shop!!! I have a load of mini ice creams to go with it, as well as the needed large accessories, so it's looking good. Some of the waiting-for-a-space Ponies went in it & are happy there, so I was able to shift other Ponies to the waiting-for-a-space shelf in their place, & have room for a few more, so that means here comes more Customising!!!
I also made some vegetable quesadillas (sweetcorn, courgette, & red pepper), using me-made flour tortillas. They turned into mess-adillas!!! But were still tasty!!! One of the things I think I have to do is chop the veggies smaller than I did, also strain the oil out of them... They made what's normally a snack/ light meal into a full meal!!! I felt quite full after eating them!!!
In between times, more crochet. Working on two scarves, the tea towel, & little Pony blankets as swatches. I found a vid on making a chainless foundation with single crochet, & started a Pony blanket that way. I quite like the neat bottom edge it gives me.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #904 on: July 10, 2023, 06:08:32 AM »
Yay to more customs!

Today I'm working on customs too.

My power supply for my computer should arrive today, but it says after 7pm. So I have all day to be anxious about it, ugh.

Need to list the rest of my ponies on eBay too.

For dinner, I feel like pasta. I think I'll make some pasta salad with olives, pepperoni and feta cheese.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 11, 2023, 07:51:34 AM »
i'm off from work today. my husband is having eye surgery soon and i'm taking him to his pre-op appointment today. the eye center is in another town about 45 minutes away and since these appointments are a little stressful for both of us i decided just to take the day off whenever we need to go. unfortunately being away from work also makes me anxious :huh: i really need to learn how to not stress about work but it's hard when there are bills to pay. i come from a long line of anxious people so i'm sure even if i didn't stress about money i would still find something to worry about constantly.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #906 on: July 11, 2023, 08:34:10 AM »
Beth, I hope your eye surgery goes okay.

I'm waiting on this cheap little desk I bought to come today so I can be more comfortable drawing. I've been using a real makeshift kind of thing lately. So that means cleaning up my room a bit.
I'll also be working on making a new coloring book. I've made a lot of progress so far but I haven't technically said I was doing it or when it's coming out yet.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #907 on: July 11, 2023, 10:55:46 AM »
My PC is fixed as of yesterday :D It's working great but the new PSU is loud. It said "whisper quiet" on the box, but pffft. Sounds like a revving motorcycle. My case isn't closed all the way though and that would probably make a difference.

I need money, badly. I'm going to work on customs the rest of the day. I have a free pizza from Domino's with my points so I'll order that later and just power through ponies. I wish caffeine had an effect on me. Once in a while if I drink two Dr. Peppers back to back I can get a little buzz, but I can also drink four shots of espresso and go to bed.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 11, 2023, 03:40:36 PM »
I went out!!! It was coffee-less day today, so instead I went to the Thrift shop they have instead & got some stuff there, then after a bit I went to town. The one I went to a few weeks ago is in another district, but the one I went to today is in the same district, & I received a giftcard for £100 to spend in selected shops in my district. Included were a wee cafe, the local aquarium, & a place where I can get everything but the kitchen sink!!! Meanwhile I browsed other shops, including charity shops & another cafe, as well as spending all but £15 of the giftcard & getting messages at the town supermarket.
I spent £6 at the cafe, £20 at the aquarium (entry plus ray plushie), & almost £60 at the everything but the kitchen sink place, mostly on yarn which filled a whole bag!!! That last £15 will get me a lunch at the cafe.
The weather was gorgeous too, with very little rain, & I got everything timed right. The only issue was not having a plastic fork on me to eat the pasta bucket from the supermarket while I awaited the bus home, so I used a keyring to eat with instead!!!
And of course I took the sharky!!!

Yaiy to your PC being fixed BC!!!
Sugarpuppie hello!!! And here's to your new desk being fit for purpose!!!
Beth hope the OH's surgery goes well xxx
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 03:42:46 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 11, 2023, 05:31:39 PM »
The only issue was not having a plastic fork on me to eat the pasta bucket from the supermarket while I awaited the bus home, so I used a keyring to eat with instead!!!

I am sure Sharky loved the adventure :)  I have had to make an origami SPOON out of cardboard packaging to resolve a similar problem... everyone watched me do it,  in public, but I ATE MY SNACK.  ;)

Tomorrow is "going to the Calgary Stampede" day!  Ya!HOOOOOOOOOO
https://www.calgarystampede.com/

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 05:35:30 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 12, 2023, 10:00:11 AM »
The only issue was not having a plastic fork on me to eat the pasta bucket from the supermarket while I awaited the bus home, so I used a keyring to eat with instead!!!

I am sure Sharky loved the adventure :)  I have had to make an origami SPOON out of cardboard packaging to resolve a similar problem... everyone watched me do it,  in public, but I ATE MY SNACK.  ;)

Tomorrow is "going to the Calgary Stampede" day!  Ya!HOOOOOOOOOO
https://www.calgarystampede.com/
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Love it!!! Mostly quiet for me today, with piccies to upload from yesterday. May get 2-3 things at the Coop but that's it. Just crocheting & stuff

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 12, 2023, 04:02:50 PM »
squirmy, the Calgary Stampede day looks fun :)

Is plastic flatware banned in Scotland and Canada? i think it might be banned in some places here. not in Texas though. usually they give you plasticware even if you tell them not to :( i wish they would ban it here.

my mental state isn't very good today. my patience is razor thin and people are constantly messaging me asking me questions today. it's especially stressful when i don't have the answers. i wish i had the courage to just take a mental health day when i feel like this.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #912 on: July 12, 2023, 04:21:13 PM »
I think plastic flatware and things like plastic bags are banned in California and Colorado. Maybe some parts of New England? The progressive states, basically.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough day, Beth :( I hope things get better.

I'm so fatigued today, I slept all day. I couldn't keep my eyes open literally. I'm feeling a little more awake now that I've had lots of cold water to drink. When I see my doctor on Friday I'm going to tell her about this. Maybe I am still catching up on sleep debt, but even after I sleep, I'm not refreshed at all. I know the sleep apnea has a lot to do with it. I feel like I never have normal sleep. I dream a lot and remember my dreams but I don't think I often go beyond that into REM sleep when your body heals and stuff. I'll ask for a B-12 shot too.

Today I wanted to work on ponies some more. Maybe I can stay up tonight and do it. I have two commissions to finish, my swap pony, a gift pony and three ponies to sell. I also have another two commissions but they need heavy sculpting and I'm painting and airbrushing right now. My new airbrush is awesome. So much smoother and better control than my Paasche siphon feed. The reducer I got makes thinning paints easy too, but I have to wear goggles and a mask. I got goggles that fit over my glasses. Everything fogs up after a while though.

Anyway, ponies today/tonight. I want to make baked spaghetti too, a comfort food.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 14, 2023, 10:58:10 AM »
Single-use plastic stuff is pretty much banned in the UK, especially forks & spoons & stuff. Need to get a travel cutlery set for my pockets now
BC aww I'd say you are catching up on sleep, especially as sleep is hard to do when you're in pain. Take it as another sign your meds work if you can sleep more xxx
Beth xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: Have a hot choc, listen to some good music, whatever it takes to de-stress. It can pile on us & we need to release the stress xxx

Didn't post yesterday as I was too tired. I was too tired for the following reasons:
When I was in town on Tuesday I heard there was a circus on, so looked at when the shows were. There was one yesterday afternoon so I chose to go then. The bus there was packed, as a load of folks had the same idea, & instead of the normal double-decker, we had a small bus to fit everybody. The circus itself was great, & my sharky loved it too & made some friends xxx
After the circus my sharky & I took a walk along the beach to the nearby village, between where the circus was & where I stay. One of the shops there was on the giftcard scheme, so I bought some food there (£6 leaving £9 still on the card for that cute cafe), then waited for the bus home. And Waited
And WAITED
And learned from the driver of the bus going the other way that there'd been a road incident near the start of that bus's journey, meaning the bus was severely delayed, to the point I may as well get the one after it, a WHOLE HOUR later.
So I walked to a bus stop half an hour's walk away to wait there, instead of standing still for a whole hour. Then I waited there. That bus was about ten minutes late too, but at least I got home!!! After 9pm!!!
That's why I was tired...
Today it was bargain day at the thrift week, so I got a load of basic stuff: tops, tongs, a couple of vegetable knives, & other things I thought would be useful. What you do on bargain day is you pay a fixed price, get a black binbag, & fill it with whatever you find. It's good fun & gets a load of the stuff shifted quickly.
Now I have photos to edit so they show the circus acts without the backs of too many heads...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #914 on: July 15, 2023, 03:00:17 PM »
Once again I was so tired I had to go back to bed. I slept 3 hours and was still tired. I wanted to do a lot more today. I have tonight though, I'm starting to feel a little more awake like usual in the evenings.

I started a needle felted sheep last night, a small one. I want to try some of the yarn I bought a while ago on it. I was working on a bigger one, but messed up one leg and because i wrapped the wire in a pipe cleaner, the wool was stuck on good and I got frustrated trying to get it off. I'm just going to scrap that one, use it for the core of something larger, and start on a new big sheep. I should practice legs by themselves until I can guess how much wool I need.

I've been in a lot of pain today. I was getting depressed about it earlier. I'm still in pain but feel better emotionally now. I made the baked spaghetti today and I made a double batch so I'll have leftovers. I didn't put enough cheese in but I have some more I can add tomorrow.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal