collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Smelly so-soft. Fix before selling?  (Read 466 times)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Smelly so-soft. Fix before selling?
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
I have a nice condition Crumpet I'm looking to sell (and a zig-zag) but I got them from a rather smelly lot. It's a musty smell, I don't think it's cigarette but I may be wrong. I was gonna bury them in kitty litter, but haven't gotten around to it, and now I'm thinking of selling. I realize this will lower their value, but by how much? I'd appreciate any advise.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: Smelly so-soft. Fix before selling?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:13:22 PM »
It might turn some buyers off if they smell :)

You could take dish soap (regular, nothing special) and an old toothbrush and give her a gentile scrub to see if that helps the smell. Use cold water, and don't scrub too hard. Should help with the smell :)

You could use a lightly scented soap if you wanted to as well :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »
It might turn some buyers off if they smell :)

You could take dish soap (regular, nothing special) and an old toothbrush and give her a gentile scrub to see if that helps the smell. Use cold water, and don't scrub too hard. Should help with the smell :)

You could use a lightly scented soap if you wanted to as well :)

I'll give it a shot!

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:18:27 PM »
Personally, if you disclose it in your description, I would sell them as is. Kind of a DIY de-stinkafy ponies! :P I agree with OL1, though, that it might turn some buyers off, but if you don't have the time that is an option. I don't think it would devalue them too much, unless the smell is really overwhelming. :faint:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »
I agree I would try to de-stink simply as it means the ponies will interest more people. Its not so much de-valuing in the long run as you say [especially if the smell is easily removed and isnt the dreaded nicotine smell] its more that you would get less interest. However, personally I would expect to pay less for a minty [save the smell] Crumpet than a minty [lavender fresh :P] Crumpet simply because in buying the pony I take the risk of her potentially not being de-stink-i-fy her.

A nice Crumpet right now seems to be around the $55 mark - so for a buyer taking the risk the smell may not be removable but still getting a nice pony maybe $35-40 would be a reasonable price. Personally I would try and de-stink as on a good day Crumpet can get from that $55 to $65+ on ebay so you never know what she could sell for in nice condition. As Zig Zag is usually around the $12 mark [but she can be a little lower sometimes] maybe its not as much of a issue to advertise her with the smell as whether the time and effort to clean her is worth the extra dollars when she is probably going to sell at $6ish.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal