collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who do you think will be the next SDCC exclusive for 2013?  (Read 3756 times)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who do you think will be the next SDCC exclusive for 2013?
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2012, 05:52:56 AM »
Considering how crazy popular the pony was this year, when they did a fan-favorite character, there is no logical reason for them NOT to do another fan-favorite.  The art ponies from the past were nowhere near so successful, and Hasbro is ultimately in this for the money.  They are going to make what the most number of people want - and if FiM is still as popular then as it is now, they're gonna ride the gravy train all the way til the end.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2012, 06:25:34 AM »
Well, Bubblecup didn't really make Hasbro any more money than an art pony would have.  They ALWAYS sell out all of their SDCC ponies very soon after the con, and they always are produced in limited numbers.   Remember, these are ponies that Hasbro themselves must haul to San Diego--along with Transformers, Jem, etc exclusives.  They have a limited amount of room.

Whether 500 people line up at their booth or 5 million, they will probably have about the same amount of ponies available.

SDCC ponies aren't really produced to make money, unlike a pony sitting in a toy store.  Hasbro is paying a lot of money just to get a booth at the convention.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2012, 07:13:09 AM »
Is there really another fan pony that would be as popular and sought after as Ditsy?  I kind of think the madness ends with her even if they choose another fan favorite.  She was even advertised in gaming magazines where you usually don't see ponies. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »
They could do a regular sized brushable Ditzy...

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »
I bet there would also be a lot of hype if they made Doctor Hooves/Time Turner next year...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »
sculpted hair Dj Pon-3 with a working turn table and bass canon......   but im dreaming LOL :P
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Vulpy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »
I have my fingers crossed for something unconnected to the FIM show but I reckon I'm the only one!
You're not the only one. I'm hoping for another G1 or G3 mold.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »
Well, Bubblecup didn't really make Hasbro any more money than an art pony would have.  They ALWAYS sell out all of their SDCC ponies very soon after the con, and they always are produced in limited numbers.   Remember, these are ponies that Hasbro themselves must haul to San Diego--along with Transformers, Jem, etc exclusives.  They have a limited amount of room.

Whether 500 people line up at their booth or 5 million, they will probably have about the same amount of ponies available.

SDCC ponies aren't really produced to make money, unlike a pony sitting in a toy store.  Hasbro is paying a lot of money just to get a booth at the convention.

Yes, this is very true. Lets not pretend they dont make money on the pony - they are certainly not running at a loss but at the same time they could have quadrupled the price on Ditzy and probably still sold out [Jem and TF items were up there in $ and sold out super fast] but instead they stayed at $20. At its core the aim is not to make big bucks from their Comic Con items its about engaging in popular culture - in being a part of what is cool or trendy at the time. And this latter reason is the reason I worry so much about getting simply another "trendy" "popular" character rather than something which fits more [in my opinion] with the overall MLP brand. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal