collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who do you think will be the next SDCC exclusive for 2013?  (Read 3754 times)

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you think will be the next SDCC exclusive for 2013?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »
I have my fingers crossed for something unconnected to the FIM show but I reckon I'm the only one!
Trust me, you're not alone here! I want the art ponies back too! Even though Ditzy Doo was nice I prefer the art ponies.
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »
I'd like to see an art pony for next year's.  I really don't care about Big Mac.

If it is something related to FIM, then I want it to be Chrysalis, the changeling queen.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 09:14:22 AM »
I have my fingers crossed for something unconnected to the FIM show but I reckon I'm the only one!

You're definitely not the only one.  I hope they make a good toy that anyone will like, regardless of if they're fans of the FiM show or not.  It'd be awesome to make a toy that everyone can love (I wasn't thrilled with Ditzy being this year's SDCC pony...I don't "get" the big hype over one animation error, so she was lost on me.  Maybe a common G1 in a G4 Fashion Style mold or something (like Minty, woo!).  I'd like that, and anyone could enjoy it, whether or not they like the shows! 

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »

Include me with you on that.

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 09:31:41 AM »
I'd love it if they did a G4 FS Minty for next year  :biggrin:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »
I sure hope it's not Discord or Chrysalis! Neither of them are very pretty, and Discord isn't even a pony!

I'd love either an art pony, a new and dazzling Fashion Style G4, or an art pony in the g4 mold.

I'd REALLY love for them to release a classic G1 pony, like Cotton Candy or Butterscotch, in the G4 mold.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »
I wouldn't mind an FS Octavia or Trixie.  Either of those would make my life. ♥_♥

But, if they deterred from the G4 and FiM stuff, I'd love to see them take on a challenge like making something ugly look beautiful in pony form.  Cockroach pony, anyone? XD

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »
Hasbro said no more art ponies...but I really hope that rep was wrong. I also hope they don't stop doing exclusives after the craziness from this year :( UK ponycon not getting an exclusive, and the fair having to share with SDCC is not a good sign.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »

Completely agreeing with you!

While I like Ditzy Doo and find her rather cute, I do feel that there is more hype around her than she is actually worth. And as for beeing the SDCC Exclusive... didn't care for that.
The Exclusive ponies have always been very beautifully designed ponies aimed at collectors. Meanwhile, this exclusive seemd more to be aimed at the new fandom that has poped up and didn't have much to do with the "Pony side" to it at all.

For me personaly - any exclusive item should be something that is beautifully designed with some thought behind it and that looks waaaay more exclusive than the other items they are connected with.

Take the Egyptian pony out of her box and put her next to a load of other G3's and anyone can tell there's something special about her with her design. Take Ditzy out of her box and only fans and collectors will know there's something special about her.
If you get my point :P Not trying to sound like I'm complaining cuz' as I said I do love Ditzy - but I don't really feel she fits as an Exclusive.

I strongly doubt they're gonna release characters such as Discord as an exclusive. Or at least I hope they wont >.< It's not even a pony. A My Little Pony exclusive should be a My Little Pony in my opinion :P

Since it will be the My Little Ponies 30 year anniversary I do hope they have something really special in mind though. Something that joins all generations together in some way. Something that symbolizes the whole My Little Pony empire - NOT just the new show, no matter how much I like it.

And if they insist on keeping the FS ponies as the new mold for exclusives I do hope they spend some time on a beautiful design for it for next year :)
Don't give us another character from the show which you can easily make and sell loads of since people will want them anyway Hasbro >.<
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
Im with you here!

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »
Aha, looks like I was mostly wrong in my statement then!

It would be brilliant to get a G1 pony in a G4 mold. Wow! Maybe Firefly or another iconic pony?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a Fashion Styling G3/G4 Minty, or even better a Minty and Kimono set.  (The pony Odd Couple!)

I'd still rather see a fashion art pony, though.  Or a G1 in a G4 mold.   How about Firefly or one of the other ponies the G4 mane cast were based on?   Then people who are just into FIM get something and people who like G1 also get something.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
Aha, looks like I was mostly wrong in my statement then!

It would be brilliant to get a G1 pony in a G4 mold. Wow! Maybe Firefly or another iconic pony?

That would be nice!!

I also hope for something not conected to FiM, while I love it, I miss the art ponies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »

^This :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 12:15:02 PM »
I like to see a G1 in a G4 mold.  I don't really want any from the show but I also don't want an art pony.  I think they look too cluttered. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal