collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To Sell With Accessories or Without  (Read 1102 times)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
To Sell With Accessories or Without
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »
So today I started going through my tote of G3's and with most of the later releases, I have all accessories... like Dance Time with Rainbow Dash and the singles for the later clone pose core 7...

My question is, should I sell the accessories, offer them with the pony, or sell separately... are they even really worth bothering over?

Also, they all have awful hair styles... the result of being in a box for almost two years if not more.  Should I try to give them all makeovers before I sell or should I just leave them as is and let their new owners do with them what they will?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

tafaj

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: To Sell With Accessories or Without
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
I've not sold a lot of G3 ponies, but from my experience with G1 ponies, I would say style the hair and get good photographs with bright lights.  Use a photo editor to crop and make the pictures as nice as you can.  Just be careful not to create more problems like tail rust, frizz, worse tinsel, etc.  As for accessories, I'm going to try and sell my ponies with all accessories.  If you check out Ebay, the G3 accessories that sell are usually with a pony.

AJ

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »
I'd say with. you can get more money off them if they come complete with accessories. People don't usually purchase accessories on their own due to it costing more money. So, sell them with accessories.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 12:25:14 PM »
It's all up to you and how much time you want to spend. Clean, styled ponies with clear photos do tend to sell better but G3's in general will not make you rich. Accessories don't really sell by themselves so pairing them with the pony is a way to get them gone but the person buying may not even be interested in them.

Do you want to sell fast to make room and some $$ and don't care if you get the highest prices?
Do you want to spend more time and effort cleaning each pony to try to make the most on each one?

You can sell here or eBay, you can sell in lots or individually.... there are a lot of options so it just depends on how much time you have and how much effort you want to put into them.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »

Do you want to sell fast to make room and some $$ and don't care if you get the highest prices?
Do you want to spend more time and effort cleaning each pony to try to make the most on each one?

You can sell here or eBay, you can sell in lots or individually.... there are a lot of options so it just depends on how much time you have and how much effort you want to put into them.

See, that's the thing.  If these were my G1's or even my G4's that I was selling, I would probably be more apt to take the time and fix them up... I'll definitely be fixing up my non-core 7's but those clone pose cores just need to be gone... but those are the ones that I have more of the accessories for.  Le Sigh... Decisions decisions... I think I'll start my sales in March... not sure about here or ebay yet..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal