collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Me? Liking Homestuck? What is this blasphemy?  (Read 1041 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Me? Liking Homestuck? What is this blasphemy?
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »
Yeah, well, it's true.
So, I used to DESPISE Homestuck, and all it's fans. I had read about 10-15 pages, I didn't really understand the humor. Then I went to go see the fandom, and they were really annoying. Then, 1 or 2 weeks ago, my two closest friends decided to tell me that they secretly were reading it and really liked it. I was so confused, because for a while we all would all cringe at the word "homestuck". I was extremely disappointed in them. So that night, I went to go see WHY they would ever like it. I read up to the second act, and it was funny, and really addicting. I didn't tell either of them for a few days, and pretended I still hated it. Then I finally told one of them, and the whole day we were talking about it, and now all my friends know, and we have another thing to talk about. But I still kind of hate talking about homestuck to people online, it brings back bad memories of really really rude fans. But I'm guessing you guys are okay, haha. Anyways, I am now pretty much obsessed with it. I never knew HOW amazing Homestuck really was, it's still a huge shock to me. I loooooove Tavros. He is my current fictional character obsession. Hehe. What are your guy's favorite characters?

Also, I'm on page 6920-ish, so PLEEEEASE no spoilers!!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:38:16 PM by MoongazerThePony »

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Me? Liking Homestuck? What is this blasphemy?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 04:58:59 PM »
How can you hate Homestuck?! It's sooo funny! I mean, how could you have hated it, since now you like it! I am still very early in the series but I totally like it! (I.e. I haven't even gotten to the trolls yet). I'm so glad you were able to get into it and found you really like it now! I always dislike stuff a bit at first if I don't know about it and everybody into it [like I'm not cool or something]. But I love the feeling of being like 'THIS IS AWESOMMMMEEE' Homestuck is definitely Awesome. My g/f is an avid reader and has read all of it. She doesn't tell me any spoilers but she wants me to read it haha. I kinda forget the characters' names right now...[been er a while and a crazy semester]

majikarte

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
I kind of know your feeling - back about early 2011, I wasn't into it, I couldn't stand seeing it everywhere, but one day on tumblr I came across this adorable little fan comic that made me decide to give it a chance, and I ended up loving it. As for my favourite character, I guess I can't mention her, but Dave is pretty high up on my list.

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »
I used to like it, but... Due to my own personal experiences with the fanbase, like my ex-girlfriend becoming obsessed with it and renaming herself Dave and losing any and all capability to do or talk about anything that did not directly relate to Homestuck, I've come to hate it with the burning passion of a thousand suns.

The art is alright, the music's okay I guess, the humor... It never so much as elicits a snicker from me. Not at all my cup of tea. But it's the fandom I've really come to hate. I don't mind people who like it and read it and aren't crazy fanatics about it but... The fandom can get really annoying. I wouldn't mind it so much if they weren't so all over the place and crazy :C particularly after what they've done to some of the artists in the fandom like Geromy, Maf and Emmie.
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »
Not my thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »
I love Homestuck!  I think Terezi is my favorite, though I also like Tavros and the Mayor of Canville.

It did take me a long time to read through it up to the present.  But that's okay, I like epics.  :D

I am not involved in the fandom at all, I just read the webcomic.

BTW, there is a comic called Hoofstuck starting the MLP FIM ponies.  HOOFSTUCK IS FANTASTIC.   And it also has G1 references, which makes it all the sweeter.  (Ember is a character, for example.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 03:58:50 AM »
I checked it out a few moths ago and I liked it, but I was busy at the time so I'm gonna start reading it properly during the holiday break.  :biggrin:

What about the fandom? Why are they annoying? I'm just curious because I haven't seen much fanart or know anyone in the fandom :huh:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 06:27:46 AM »
I'm still not into it ...

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
Before I read Homestuck, I just knew there were silly/angry grey people who type in awkward l33t speak, it has a HUGE following, and there's huge swarms of them at anime cons.

Then one day I dreamed I liked it, so I read it, and I love it!

It took me over a month to read it all, but I'm really glad I didn't skip anything. Some of it was pretty confusing like memorizing the trolls' text or all the time travel talk. Well, even now I still don't get the time travel stuff...
If you go to the wiki, be careful, because there's lots of spoilers if you want to be spoil-free.
My favorite character is Jade, I don't really have a favorite troll.

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
Heh, I used to be pretty indifferent to it, but then I actually started reading it and WOW I did not expect such a complex overarching storyline and such great characters, Hussie's sense of humor is pretty amazing as well. Still not my favorite webcomic, but pretty dang close.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
I really don't see the appeal...

I read the first little bit and just couldn't get into it.  I guess it's not for everyone.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
It's kinda fabulous, isn't it? Though I do agree that some factions of the fanbase are nightmarish, though that happens with any large fanbase.

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
It's great to find more Homestuck ponies here! I love the comic but yeah, took me at least one try to keep reading it... once I got to end of act 1 I got so hooked I reat 'til Caliborn Enter in 4 days XD

Characters... well I like nearly all of them but my favorites are John, Dave, Feferi, Vriska and the Psiioniic <3

The narrative style is at first frustrating and confusing but once you start understanding what's going on it is incredibly rich

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Terra.Dactyl

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »
How could I have missed this thread? I am such a huge Homestuck! My favorite characters are Dave, Dirk, and Aradia!

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
I kinda fade in and out of it. there was a week where I read pages and pages a day, but now I read one page maybe once a month if that. I'm often curious about new updates, but it just doesn't hold my interest anymore like it used to. :/

that being said. Equius is my favorite. :3

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal