collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need Some Advice--Ebay Transaction Issues  (Read 914 times)

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Need Some Advice--Ebay Transaction Issues
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »
Ok, so this was for a non-pony item but I feel like I get the best advice on this forum. My daughter has recently gotten into American Girl Dolls. I bought one on ebay April 9th and paid right away. After almost 3 weeks and tracking never uploaded I finally hear from the seller who says the box "came back to her" and she was reshipping. This time when she shipped the tracking was added. That was the start of my not trusting this person.
So, the doll was described as "She is out of original packaging....gently...GENTLY used, original outfit, in FABULOUS condition!!!! 
Ok, so this doll shows up and her right eye has a sun design drawn around it with marker like she was Pizazz from the Misfits or something. Her leg joints were loose but it was being written on that shocked me. I contact the seller and she says she would give me a partial refund. I tell her that I want to return it for all of my money back plus return shipping. She said she never noticed the doll was drawn on. I could tell she used a completely different doll in the auction pic. So anyway, I decide to open a case as she seems like a crazy person and I wanted a third party. She is SUPER nice at this point and says she will gladly take the doll back and give me a refund. I package up the doll and send it back. I was fully expecting her to get the doll and say something like "oh my goodness, I am so sorry, I didn't notice that" but nope...she said that her and her boyfriend looked it over and besides a small speck on her cheek the doll is perfect. This was my response:  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :blink: :blink: :mad: :mad:
She outright lied..I mean, I am not talking a small bit of writing here. The doll had a sun design all around her eye in orange and pink marker!! Ok, I call her out for being a liar but besides that I await my refund. I tell her that I want return shipping refunded as well (because I don't want to pay to look at a doll that was damaged) and she says:
"with my total shipping fees for both shipments being roughly $26 total, not to mention the PayPal fees of $4.46 and my shipping supplies. I'm not quite certain if after I refund you, if I will be credited for my listing fees or not. I'm sure none of what I'm saying really matters to you being you didn't feel you got what you paid for. In my defense, I feel I handled the situation in the most professional and approiate way possible, and I don't feel as though I should have to also pay YOUR shipping fees to send the item back. I think what we have agreed thus far, which is a full refund of your purchase price along with shipping is very fair...I hope you can be openminded and understand that I'm glad to take the doll back, however I'm not going to be able to reimburse you the shipping costs associated with your decision to return her. I'm really sorry...again, I hope you can understand looking in from my side. I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks"

So, in the end I got a refund minus the shipping back to her. I left negative feedback which was appropriate given 3 weeks to ship, lying, damaged doll etc. etc. However, here is where I need your advice. She relisted the doll and the person who won her has 13 positive feedback. Most are from a few years ago with all of the current feedback being from this seller. The buyer left multiple positive feedbacks for the seller, spaced out over days and weeks. This seller had 100% of her bids as of recent on this sellers items. This buyer has no other American Girl items listed in her feedback, mostly all make-up. However, she bought this doll after it was relisted on the 19th of May and left positive feedback on the 22nd of May as if she received the doll. The 19th of May was a Saturday and it ended late at night. So it couldn't technically be shipped until the 21st and it arrived the next day and she left feedback? Seriously? Does this seem fishy to you guys?
Can you see I am obsessed over this  :lol:  Should I just let it go or should I report this as feedback boosting and shill bidding possibly? I think I am so angry over all of this that I am not seeing clearly. Advice everyone :) Sorry this is so long!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Need Some Advice--Ebay Transaction Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »
Yes, it seems beyond fishy. She seems pretty crazy to me as well.

I hope you left her a lot of one stars.

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:11:58 AM »
This looks really Fishy to me! It is imposible that she received the doll!
Sorry you had to fo through this  :(

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:32:56 AM »
I would report it to eBay. I wonder of each of those past bids corresponds with the seller getting a negative from someone else.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 03:48:29 AM »
Fishy for sure  :blink:

There is no way that girl got that doll in that amount of time unless she lived next door(maybe the same house :lol:  in this case) or had it delivered by overnight shipping.

Honestly, I checked it out.  She definetly has that account to shill bid on her own items.  Like you said all her feedback is from herself and on random items that I can see that she didn't want to sell for the price they were going for.  Purses, make-up and that doll!  I would not hesitate to report her!

Sorry you had to go through that though Medley, it's quite dissapointing!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:18:59 AM »
So sorry this happened to you!  :(  At least you were able to get refunded for most of your money.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
I say you did everything right concerning the doll. Sounds like she is trying to cover the negative with positives. You can try reporting the auction and users to Ebay- I think that as all you can really do.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
Ebay can tell pretty easily if someone is shill bidding, if you report it I'm sure they will look into it and see the pattern.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
Eeeesh! :whoa:  report it for sure! that definitely looks like a case of shill bidding to me (and not very well hidden either!) Hopefully Ebay will do something about it. I'm glad you left a neg for this cos this person sounds very dodgy to me and she wouldnt hesitate to do more dodgy tranastions in the future by the look of things :yikes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »
Gah... thanks you guys, I have decided to report it. I am sure this goes on all the time on ebay so I guess it is good to catch it when we all can. Thanks for making me feel less petty ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal