collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you feel about the Venezuelan ponies?  (Read 17534 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: How do you feel about the Venezuelan ponies?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
OK = so am I reading into this but it seems the best explanation is we've had these MIB "no country" ponies in various collections for years and the reason for the appearance now has more to do with confirmed naming of the country than actually just now discovering?  I think that makes sense = I mean folks have been collecting for decades (duh) and it's only the speed of all our internet and social media stuff that allows all the puzzle pieces to be put together quickly

so it's cool to see the ponies properly ID'd and all...

now it makes me wonder what all more folks is hiding in their collections, though...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »
These MIB ponies are not coming from collectors of My Little Pony, They are coming from Toy Collectors in Venezuela who are collectors of Action Figures or other older toys.
 The First ever MIB ponies were brought to us by Figurasdeaccion.  This is when the pieces for the Odd, loose nc ponies have started to fit into place.  The Strange White Tootsie which Helen had in her Collection and is now owned by Kitkatvintage, the medleys owned by ember1 and so on. 
We had never seen any come from a collection that have been Mint in the Box. 
The ebay Seller Woodgroup, he is also a collector of toys, but not My Little Pony. 
The ebay seller I purchased my Eye Candy from on second chance offer is a Barbie Collector.  She was her childhood pony and a gift from her Aunt. 
We have not seen a Member here from Venezuela who has one in their Collection and I do know we have at least one Venezuelan member. 
So these are not a stash from a MLP collector but either old toy stock or a warehouse find. 
The chances of loose ones coming forward will really depend on how the word gets around in Venezuelan
and then we will see the condition.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 12:29:24 PM »
They are beautiful but I just can't justify spending that much money on one pony when I have to complete my UK and USA collection first. No doubt I will cave in eventually but not until more have come out of the woodwork and prices come down.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »
Before we see many loose ones, I think we will see MIB prices at a price level where a person can remove a pony from the box and be comfortable with it.
 I feel there are more boxed ones around then loose ones, at least for now.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline TwoMore

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
These MIB ponies are not coming from collectors of My Little Pony, They are coming from Toy Collectors in Venezuela who are collectors of Action Figures or other older toys.
 The First ever MIB ponies were brought to us by Figurasdeaccion.  This is when the pieces for the Odd, loose nc ponies have started to fit into place.  The Strange White Tootsie which Helen had in her Collection and is now owned by Kitkatvintage, the medleys owned by ember1 and so on. 
The ebay Seller Woodgroup, he is also a collector of toys, but not My Little Pony. 
The ebay seller I purchased my Eye Candy from on second chance offer is a Barbie Collector.  She was her childhood pony and a gift from her Aunt. 
We have not seen a Member here from Venezuela who has one in their Collection and I do know we have at least one Venezuelan member. 
So these are not a stash from a MLP collector but either old toy stock or a warehouse find. 
The chances of loose ones coming forward will really depend on how the word gets around in Venezuelan

Thanks for the explination. All of a sudden they are everywhere and I have no idea where they came from! Its wild. Perhaps I am not watching Ebay closely (which I am not), but I feel like I am missing out!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »

Thanks for the explination. All of a sudden they are everywhere and I have no idea where they came from! Its wild. Perhaps I am not watching Ebay closely (which I am not), but I feel like I am missing out!

The ebay seller I purchased my Pink Blossom just listed two MIB, another blue cotton candy and aother tootsie.  She's a Barbie collector and her husband is into 80's toys.  I did not ask where they got these, but right now there are about 3 or 4 toy collectors from down there selling MIB ponies now. 

I think someone opened the Warehouse storage area for the old Factory and had a sale  (I am just guessing here) :lol:   Pretty soon a person will be able to just buy a mint in card one and take it out of the box the way these are showing up.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »

We've seen these floods of MIB ponies from a certain country before. It happened with Argentina ponies around 2001-2003, then again with Greek ponies in 2003-2004. Before those times both groups were extremely rare. In those cases, a seller or sellers realized there was a market for their lucky finds & the market was flooded & prices dipped to an all-time low after initially high prices. I'm sure that's the same thing that's happening now, as Shelti has described above.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:16 AM »
I see more have made it on to ebay....this is just so exciting! This must be the third blue mib Cotton Candy I have now seen....and there is a very cool orangy/pink cotton candy with blue spots!! Love love love this....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 11:55:20 AM »
I see more have made it on to ebay....this is just so exciting! This must be the third blue mib Cotton Candy I have now seen....and there is a very cool orangy/pink cotton candy with blue spots!! Love love love this....

I have been trying to keep a running list of what has been seen so far here and on ebayand I have it at 4 of the blue/green cotton candy, the Applejack colored one on ebay is the only one of it's kind we have seen so far.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »
I'm glad to see more pop up on ebay and am keeping my eyes peeled for when the prices fall somewhat. I'd kill for those Cotton Candies. Glad to know more are out there. Just wish I could get one loose. The box doesn't really appeal to me and adds to the high price. I just want a loose nice one. I love their colors and the way the plastic is.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:17:27 PM by plushroo »

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »
Poo, I didn't win Firefly :(
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »
Poo, I didn't win Firefly :(
Aww, I'm sorry.  Looks like a sniper got the final bid since they didn't bid at all until the end. :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Avea2006

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »
I really like them! I bought Figurasdeaccion's orange symbol Starshine and I can't wait to see her. I just love her soft colours.

Prices are already falling to a more reasonable value for them, since quite a few are being sold at once on ebay and here. I think MIB and even mint loose ones will still retain a high value though. Their quality and unique colour variations plays into it. Just like other nirvana's that have been out for years. (*cough, cough - greeks*). I wonder if many loose ones will be found?  Sometimes it doesn't happen that way, like with the afore-mentioned Greeks. In any case I hope we see some more two-tone hair versions! 

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »
I love them , but i find it extremely puzzling that they are just now showing up...where have they been all this time?
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »
I love them , but i find it extremely puzzling that they are just now showing up...where have they been all this time?

Stored in a Warehouse ;)
Shel-t* Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal