collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My mother has a rude eBay buyer... advice?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My mother has a rude eBay buyer... advice?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »
Thank goodness you were there to help your mum! Do some sellers baulk at paying shipping because they plan to send their flying monkeys to collect?
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 04:02:26 PM »
Honestly, I think she just hasn't gotten feedback, nor heard anything else, from that person.

It's so ridiculous being a new seller, she's sold over 25 items and I think has about 8 feedback. I think eBay needs to put a lot more pressure on leaving feedback...

It's rough for everyone. I'm a buyer, and I've left feedback for about 50 sellers who didn't leave any for me. :( These days I ask people if they'd care to trade feedback before I'll leave a comment. It's not fair for only one person to get it. I always pay immediately (within 5 minutes), so I know I'm a seller's dream. (It's easy because I only choose Buy It Now listings.)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:38 PM »
I go through like once a week and leave feedback, I'm MOSTLY a buyer right now leaving feedback for sellers, but, I do leave my buyers feedback. I try to make sure I make mental notes of which buyers are like newbies too because I know they need the feedback, we all started at 0. I understand that kind of monitoring isn't something a high volume seller could do but, you know - my mom has like 20ish items for sale at any time, so, she's not a big seller... heh. I just feel bad because I know she tries so hard to make sure everything is quick, fast, correct, etc - the feedback would help her seem like a more trustworthy seller, which, she is - lol. She's way nicer than I am too, so eBay needs more people like her! :lmao:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 04:21:35 AM »
I'm glad your mom didnt get any further issues with that person, even if they didnt bother to respond or leave positive feedback :hug:
TBh leaving feedback.. or should I say *not* leaving feedback is much more of an issue now than it used to be. I started selling again and... no feedback left again so far  *siiigh* also the last few items I bought - most left no feedback even though I've left the sellers feedback right away (with the exception of one person who sent me a doll missing shoes and when I contacted her about it as they were clearly shown in the auction pic, she had a confused, said she'd get back to me and I;m still waiting for a reply..... :rolleyes:  )

Do some buyers baulk at paying shipping because they plan to send their flying monkeys to collect?

ROFL!!!   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »
I'm glad your mom didnt get any further issues with that person, even if they didnt bother to respond or leave positive feedback :hug:
TBh leaving feedback.. or should I say *not* leaving feedback is much more of an issue now than it used to be. I started selling again and... no feedback left again so far  *siiigh* also the last few items I bought - most left no feedback even though I've left the sellers feedback right away (with the exception of one person who sent me a doll missing shoes and when I contacted her about it as they were clearly shown in the auction pic, she had a confused, said she'd get back to me and I;m still waiting for a reply..... :rolleyes:  )

Do some buyers baulk at paying shipping because they plan to send their flying monkeys to collect?

ROFL!!!   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Ugh that's rough. I just think the system should be a little more... pushy to leave feedback. Like... maybe you can't archive those auctions unless you've left feedback so they're "stuck" in your purchase history... or something. Because both buyers and sellers alike, we all know, we see someone with 1500 feedback versus 2 feedback, we probably would buy the item from the 1500 person even if the prices and conditions were the same because, well, we have "proof" from 1500 transactions that this person is a good seller... but the poor 2 feedback person may be an even BETTER seller, we just don't know that yet because no one is leaving them feedback... :(

And you can't ask at all about feedback, right? Or else they can claim like "feedback extortion?"
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline lilgryphon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.worldlydogs.com
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »
You can always send a note (or even include it the package itself) to remind/ask your buyer to leave positive feedback and 5 stars. :) Something like 'As a new eBay seller feedback is very important to me.' She can also let them know to contact her if their are any other issues to help prevent poor star ratings.
www.worldlydogs.com ~ Deviant Art~Short Stories
There comes a time when a man must stand for what he believes in, consequence be damned.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 07:03:55 AM »
When I start to get frustrated with lack of feedback being left, I start including cards that simply say that if they're happy with their purchase to please leave 5-star feedback and if there is anything I can do to make their buying experience any better or if there is a problem to contact me before leaving feedback.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal