collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what do i want to do about this!? : missrepresented cheerilee on ebay  (Read 1934 times)

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi

long story short i brought a moc cheerilee single from ebay, from a UK seller.
the image on the listing shows the version with bangs.
there is no disclamer any where on the listing  stating that it is a stock image and that  what arives may or may not be whats pictured.

i pm'ed the seller before buying asking about this, and all they could tell me was that "the items are shiped stright from weare house and that they didnt know"

so no guarintees  basicly

the seller seams to have a good returns pollicy in place but  as its internatinal item, the cost of return shipping would be pointless. 

also paid a little too much for this item  i think $15 aud BIN

im stuck on what to do, as i feel the item was miss represented (again NO disclamer on the listing saying that the images used are stock images and not the actual product) 

ponys with bangs are more collectable than the ones that dont have them .
but the return postage cost would be more then the refund of the item.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
You could drop them a note to let them know you are not happy and the item shown is not what was received. Perhaps you could get a slight discount. If not, I'm afraid you maybe stuck with her since shipping would be more then what the pony is worth.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Ugh, I had that happen with a Cinnamon Breeze blind bag. She arrived with a huge scratch all the way down her tail! I was so disappointed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Well... you can share the ID with us, since not disclosing the difference between two different releases is a pretty big deal.  :(  Sellers are responsible for correctly researching and listing their items - they should never be shipping a product they don't have the ability to inspect and answer questions about. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
I had a similar issue some time ago and the seller was unwilling to answer my messages. I eventually opened a claim to which they said I could return the item for a refund. However, much like your situation, shipping would have cost FAR more than what I paid for the item with original shipping. So, I escalated the claim and let eBay decide. The sided with me, I assume based on the fact that the seller had rather poor feedback to begin with, and eBay just likes buyers more...

If the seller is willing, I would ask for at least a partial refund. I dunno. :huh:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
ok well i will send a message to te seller letting them know im not %100 satisfied with the item, as the photos on the listing are very missleading

this is the listing the seller still has some left
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130668166526?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yeah I am betting that photo isn't actually the sellers... looks like a catalogue stock picture.  If the seller had have taken a pic of the Cheerilee in the box itself, this would not have been a problem since you could have seen that she did not have her bangs.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
ive sent a message to the seller , just waiting on the responce  and where to go from there.
hopefully they get back to me and i can resolve this soon.

i dont want to feel im beeing nit picky on this, but as a collector this is kind of a big deal.
and  i feel that as the seller is a store, they should at least have a disclamer saying that the image in the listing is a stock image.     

Post Merge: May 07, 2013, 06:33:57 AM

got a ping back, they are willing to replace the item, but they want to know the SKU number for the item i recieved.
where do i find that on the box?

aslo the infomation on the bottom of the box, with the bar code appares to be in german ??

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:33:58 AM by pyrodarknessanny »

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
It would be the numbers under/on the bar code. You can also attach a photo of the bar code I believe in notes through ebay now too.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Yep, definitely stock image!  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I am glad to hear they got back to you so quickly. The only thing it sounds to me like they are going to replace the exact same one you received, if they are asking for the bar code off that one  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
i explained clearly in my notes to them  what the issue was,
that i wanted the pony with the fringe like in the picture, and the the pony i had gotten didnt have this.
they wanted me to email some photos to there service email.
i did this, and mentioned again in the email what my issue with the item / listing was

hopefully they will pay attenton to it, and  if they cant find one with the fringe,  offer me a refund.
i havent mentiond that yet as i wanted to see if they could replace the item first.

but so far im happy with the serice that that are giving me, as far as beeing polite and quick to respond gose.

Post Merge: May 07, 2013, 10:12:17 AM

ok now im not so happy.

got a message back from them
"Dear pyrodarknessanny,

Thank you for your message,

The photos you have send and the item listed on Ebay is exactly the same. There is no difference at all. We have given all information on Ebay advising what is included in the pack, which is” Pony figure comes with comb, snail figure and wagon”

There is no details about forelock, bangs & fringe. We have shipped you the item you ordered, exactly as per your order details and as per the manufacturer’s description. We have sold many of these items, and have not received any such complaint."

uhh no the item is NOT as discribed as did didnt have a disclamer that the images were stock images!

gurrrr.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:12:17 AM by pyrodarknessanny »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Oh man  :(  I seriously was wondering about that happening.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
This happened to me waaaaay back when light pink mane Fluttershy could only be found in Europe. I ordered her from a UK seller who listed her as having light pink hair, but when she arrived she was of the hot pink variety that I already had. When I messaged them, they said the same thing--it was a stock photo, the pony I receive may not look exactly like what was pictured. Then two months later when she could easily be found in US stores, I was seriously kicking myself.

I don't have any advice for you, unfortunately. I never pursued my case any further. :( I hope things work out or, at the very least, you find a Cheerilee with the forelock elsewhere.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
got this this morning

"Thank you for your message,

The photos in the listing and the actual item appearance are provided by the manufacturer. We have not made any changes in the photo. The fringe on the pony is like the way you want to set them. However, if you still not happy with the item you have received, than please return the item for full refund. Thank you. "

i have checked the sellers  feed back scrores more closly,
there are a few complaints about returning items and not getting the refund.
so im weary  to send it back.
as well at the cost of the return postage  beeing high as its an internatinal item.

should i just go ahead and leave neutral or negitive feed back for this?
i don't know ....  sending it back seams pointless.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal