collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao Vs Taobao agent  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: Taobao Vs Taobao agent
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »
If you do not speak and read Chinese, you should not attempt purchasing from TaoBao directly. Getting an agent is a very important part of the process! They will handle the language barrier, exchange rate, and ordering process for you.

Your TaoBao agent will occasionally miss requested items if they are in high demand, or if the seller on TaoBao hasn't accurately reported their stock, as stated earlier. Also, keep in mind that your agent may not be checking for orders 24/7. If you're in the USA placing an order in the middle of the day, it's they'd file if the night in China!

Most agents charge you twice for a single order: Once for your products and internal Chinese shipping to the agent, then again for shipping from the agent to you. The first payment usually includes a percentage markup on the goods you've bought, as the agent will collect a fee for their work on your behalf.

Shipping costs are pricey. Do not be surprised if it costs $30+ to get your TaoBao package from your agent to your doorstep. Agents often offer only the most reliable of shipping services.

It's easy to look at the cheap prices on these neat ponies and get carried away. Keep in mind that though the product base price may be cheap, the shipping costs and agent fees will bring that price up. Many agents will hold your products for you until you request shipping, allowing you to continue shopping and build up your order. It is never economical to have a single pony shipped to you.

Whatever agent you choose, be sure to read their terms carefully, and ask questions before you order if you're not sure about their costs or policies.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2013, 08:29:29 AM »
I use engtaobao.com They use paypal and you don't need office or anything like that. So far it's been great with them.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 08:37:25 AM »
Wow there are so many different agents! HawaiianRain do they get to you quite quickly?
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »
I'm thinking of, in the future, organizing group Taobao orders when I place a new one for myself. That way, the fee won't seem like quite so much for any one person.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2013, 10:03:06 AM »
I'm thinking of, in the future, organizing group Taobao orders when I place a new one for myself. That way, the fee won't seem like quite so much for any one person.

I'd totally be up for that!! Also if you ever see a neat pony I'd be up for that too!! Lol
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »
Same here. :)

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2013, 11:47:54 AM »
We should form a Taobao group and whoever spies neat ponies they can pick a bunch up for the group lol

Post Merge: May 18, 2013, 12:08:27 PM

Actually anyone interested PM me and we'll fingers something out :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 12:08:27 PM by Lady Starflower »
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

glowinshanka

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »
I start using this http://tbtrends.com/ they are really nice, and sometimes they are awake in the night lol

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2013, 03:09:04 PM »

You should be aware that fees are a percentage normally not a set fee - therefore the more you purchase the higher your fee becomes.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »

You should be aware that fees are a percentage normally not a set fee - therefore the more you purchase the higher your fee becomes.
For TaobaoNow, it's 10% or around $8 (I think 50 yuan), so if you're ordering less than $80 worth of stuff, it'd be more efficient to do a group order. I'm not sure about other agents.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
Wow there are so many different agents! HawaiianRain do they get to you quite quickly?

they do but they do run on their time don't forget.

I think we need to find a company that runs on our hours. That way we wouldn't have to worry about missing out so much.

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »
Yes I keep an eye on their time on an app on my phone but you'd think they'd answer at like 10 or 11 in the morning.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Offline HawaiianRain

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »
Yes I keep an eye on their time on an app on my phone but you'd think they'd answer at like 10 or 11 in the morning.

Mine answers between 8-9 at night and 2-4 in the morning. Sometimes 8 in the morning as well.

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »

Mine answers between 8-9 at night and 2-4 in the morning. Sometimes 8 in the morning as well.

I meant their time so that would be at night for us but mine always answered between 2-4 am (my time) and that's it. Maybe I'll try your next time :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2013, 01:25:02 PM »

For TaobaoNow, it's 10% or around $8 (I think 50 yuan), so if you're ordering less than $80 worth of stuff, it'd be more efficient to do a group order. I'm not sure about other agents.

If I am honest - its not always that simple. When orders grow so does shipping. Having ordered small, medium and large Taobao orders in the past, I have honestly found that items tend to average the same by the time the end cost comes about. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal