collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What qualities do you want a seller to have?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What qualities do you want a seller to have?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »
I'm easy to please! I just want honesty, maturity, and communication. I don't mind waiting a few extra days if something comes up as long as the seller lets me know what's going on.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
1. Accurate descriptions and good photos.
2. Answering questions and being polite.
3. Shipping within reasonable time or when they say they ship. If nothing else is said I expect shipping within 3-5 days after payment but I don't mind waiting longer as long as it's communicated. I'm not a very impatient person. The only thing that annoy  me is when a seller demands a extremly fast payment and then take ages to ship.
4. Fair feedback left.

Shipping and feedback within 24 hours is probably not possible other than in a perfect world. I certainly don't ship that fast. :)

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
Mostly I'm just happy when the picture doesn't look like it was taken with a potato.

You know what I'm talking about.  Yes you do.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »
I am not a fussy person. I just would like them to communicative and friendly. To ship in a timely manner. To package things the way they should be shipped. Ie you wouldn't want to pack a MOC in a padded envelope.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:41 PM »
One time I got same day shipping :whoa: I was thinking the seller must live next to post office or something :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 11:26:13 PM »
For me it starts before I even click on the auction link to look closer...
I always want a seller to have a nice picture. Your pony is in junk shape? Who cares - SHOW ME, don't try to hide with a blurry or dark photo.
Also, I don't want to see a crazy high shipping cost when I look at the price before I click. You want me to believe that it costs $5+ dollars to have "economy" or "standard" shipping on a baby G1 pony? Please just put the money you want to make in the ITEM, not in the shipping price.

When I get into the page, I don't mind so much if the description isn't perfect. Some sellers don't know a lot about ponies. That's fine. If the picture is the way I'd like them to be, I usually can inspect it pretty well. But I do like some attempt at a description. I personally try to put a small description pointing out any major flaws I see, then say refer to photo (again, I try to take GOOD photos). Honesty about a pony's condition is very important.

But communication is a must. When I ask a question to a seller about an item, I'd really like a response within 24 hours. If I need to ask a follow up, same deal - a seller that will answer all my questions gets an A+ in my book.

Shipping within 3-4 days is nice, within the week is fine with me. Not marking it's been shipped or getting a tracking number (especially if you quote Priority mail, and send something standard just to pocket the money) really bugs me. I just want to be able to see it's shipped and follow it. I know not all people get tracking numbers, but that's okay too, I just prefer tracking for US.

Honestly, if people did those things, just were honest about their items (even saying "I don't know much about this item"), showed them with nice pictures, good communication and shipped them quickly with honest shipping prices... that's what I like in a seller. :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:31:30 PM by SunshinePony »
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »
Also if we are talking about amazing sellers it's always lovely to get a thank you note, no matter how brief. It just seems a lovely personal touch and always makes me smile. It's not essential but it's one thing that makes a seller stand out in my mind I think.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 04:11:28 AM »
Also if we are talking about amazing sellers it's always lovely to get a thank you note, no matter how brief. It just seems a lovely personal touch and always makes me smile. It's not essential but it's one thing that makes a seller stand out in my mind I think.

I like that too! Whenever I sell something, I always write a "thank you" inside on the printed receipt. It's a friendly, appreciative touch that I think is wonderful from sellers :)
My Wish List

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 05:34:38 AM »
I think my perfect seller is open to other shipping options. Nothing annoys me more than someone who will only use incredibly expensive tracked/confirmed methods. Mainly because once it enters my country, very rarely is the tracking ever updated and most of the time signed for items don't require a signature and, depending on the person delivering it, might just be dumped on the doorstep (my last four tracked packages are marked as undelivered even though they were) so it's a massive waste of money on my part and doesn't protect anyone from being scammed. Priority/EMS cost me a lot more in taxes and handling fees at the border, first class/airmail are considerably cheaper (and, hilariously, often faster).
I seem to encounter this more for cheap items under £10/$10 (one seller insisted recently that they were unable to ship a G4 blind bag pony by anything other than DHL!) than items that might actually need the extra insurance. Obviously I wouldn't expect a seller to be comfortable sending a very valuable/fragile item uninsured!

Stock photos or unclear/mobile photos are a huge no-no for me. If the seller can't even be bothered to take decent photographs then I don't trust them to put in any effort to pack the item properly or get it shipped out in a reasonable amount of time.

Other than that...I like sellers who let me know the day they ship something out, and will pack things appropriately. A few sellers have included notes of thanks in packages which I think is really sweet and whilst I don't expect them, they're very much appreciated :) Friendly communication is great, too. I've ended up having conversations with sellers about ponies and other items and have sometimes even made friends out of it.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 10:17:51 PM »
Ooh, good question...

-I like sellers that offer multiple views of a pony in good lighting and in focus, and who also give a good description of her condition. Some sellers take such dark photos that I can only see the silhouette of the pony... I think sometimes it's done to hide flaws, but other times people just need to wait for some sunlight!

-Fast shipping is nice, though I'm more concerned about safe packing. It always makes me feel a little better about any shipping costs to open my mail and find the pony is bubble wrapped or protected with some other padding.

-Listed prices. I never know what a fair price is on a pony. I don't want to rudely offer too little or go too high in an offer, and it just makes me anxious. I pass on sales where everything is listed as taking offers for prices even if it's a pony I really want. That's probably a bit silly, but I really just prefer to look at the ponies I want and say "okay, these are going to cost ____ dollars."

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 09:12:04 AM »
I'm not a really picky person but there are a few things I would like from sellers.

~Accurate description of item.
~Maybe 2 or 3 pictures of the item that way I can see both the front and back of it. Not a stock photo!
~Good communication, especially if the listing is ending soon. That means do not reply with half a sentence    without any punctuation.
~No text speak!
~Ship out when they say they will or send a message if something comes up.
~And a notification saying that the item has been shipped with included tracking number.

I think that's about it.

Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »
Hmm.  I think a lot of us are on the same page here.

The main quality that I want sellers to have (and one I strive to have in return) is good, friendly communication.  I like sellers that:

List an item with a clear PICTURE and description
Answer my messages/communicate with me
Ship - I'm pretty easy-going as long as you let me know a when; I realize that we all have lives and I'm more than willing to wait as long as you let me know.
Leave me fair feedback when you can

That's it.  :)

Mostly I'm just happy when the picture doesn't look like it was taken with a potato.

You know what I'm talking about.  Yes you do.

I laugh but yes, yes I do.  :silly:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal