collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non-MLP Fanart and Praise from the Band (Light gore)  (Read 286 times)

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Non-MLP Fanart and Praise from the Band (Light gore)
« on: December 22, 2013, 05:30:26 AM »
I got the holiday package from the band Astorian Stigmata and along with a T-shirt, CD, and other random things like stickers, it came with this post card (that's the lead singer Dennis):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So I drew it.  I was taught in my college design class to use color sparingly to draw the viewer's attention to a key part of the image. 

I posted it on Astorian Stigmata's Facebook.  Dennis commented and said this:

It's really cool that he liked it!  I always appreciate it when bands are nice to their fans and talk to them.  He's talked to me a few other times, too.  They're a new up and coming band from Wilks-Barre, PA and I know none of you have heard of them, but they're really good.  They're moving to LA now to get their career going full force, so keep an eye out.

Added a light gore warning to the title for you - thanks, Griffin
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:43:46 AM by Griffin »

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Non-MLP Fanart and Praise from the Band (Light gore)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
I'm happy to hear the band members liked your fan art. :) The black and white scheme appeals to me and I like the fact that you simplified the background to show only a silhouette of the city - actually I much prefer your silhouette to the original cityscape. The large white space helps drawing the viewer's attention to the figure, well done. 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
I'm happy to hear the band members liked your fan art. :) The black and white scheme appeals to me and I like the fact that you simplified the background to show only a silhouette of the city - actually I much prefer your silhouette to the original cityscape. The large white space helps drawing the viewer's attention to the figure, well done.

Thank you!  That's what 2 different college design classes will do for you, lol.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »
That is really cool that the band liked your picture, it's nice when they actually bother to respond.  :)  I agree with Griffin, I much prefer the silhouette of the skyline to the full city in the original.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
That is really cool that the band liked your picture, it's nice when they actually bother to respond.  :)  I agree with Griffin, I much prefer the silhouette of the skyline to the full city in the original.

Thanks.  :)  It actually came out of impatience.  I did not want to try to draw every detail of the city in that pen and ink style.  It worked out for the best, though.  There's actually more to the silhouettes at the top of the drawing.  My scanner wasn't big enough for the drawing, lol. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal