collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not sure what to do  (Read 609 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Not sure what to do
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:42:15 AM »
I know when buying a pony from and ebay mlp factory error seller, that they will have problems. I have been lucky and gotten mostly minor problems that don't bother me. I've seen worst make it to the store. That was until now. My poor Ploomette seems to have taken a tumble on the hair machine. She has hair sewn into it's leg. (pictures below)

I don't what to say when I contact  the person. Aside from- I opened the package and found the pony to be factory damaged and am unhappy with the item. Do I ask for a partial refund and keep the pony, full refund and return, or exchange? Do I wait and see how they offer to do to fix it.

Display side
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

3/4 turn

inside view

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure what to do
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »
I'd be unhappy too. Send a polite message to the seller with the photos and ask if you can return the pony for a refund. I think what you said is just fine: you opened the box and the hair was sewn into the pony's leg. I'm sure they'll appreciate that you took pictures that show the damage.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »
Was this pony in it's original packing?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
It was listed as used and came in bubble wrap and a bubble mailer. The seller uses the same picture over and over again and just hits the relist button.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 06:41:45 PM »
Then I think you need to contact the seller. They will most likely find a reasonable solution for you, whether it be to keep the pony and refund you , or for you to send it back at your cost. It's a tricky situation, especially if you already knew this seller dealt with factory rejects.

Again as I said above contact the seller.  They are the only ones who can hopefully make things right.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »
*nods in agreement*  I would be unhappy with that too - its a pretty bad factory flaw :(   - its best to contact the seller and explain the situation and maybe show pics. The seller might send you a replacement or offer some other kind of solution (hopefully!)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 05:26:30 AM »
I had no idea it was used. I thought when you said you took her out of the package, you meant a factory sealed box. However, those flaws are very noticeable and a seller should always take pictures of each individual item. I hate when someone uses the same photo over and over. I think they should pay return shipping AND give you all of your money back, or they should send a replacement at no cost to you. If they don't offer either of those choices, I'd leave negative feedback. You didn't get the same pony as was shown in the picture, so it's definitely a case of "item not as described."

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 03:16:21 PM »
In my experience most sellers have resolved problems like this quickly and quite reasonably if you're polite and to the point, they usually offer a suitable solution themselves. I've always received either a full refund without having to return the item, or a free replacement. I'm guessing it's because they're factory rejects and they sell so many that it's not enough of an issue for some sellers to care?

I hope they work things out. :)

:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal