collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UGH! USPS ticks me off!  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
UGH! USPS ticks me off!
« on: September 06, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »
So I was sleeping in today because I've had a bit of a rough week, well about an hour ago I was just starting to wake up a bit but was relaxing in bed enjoying the quiet when suddenly there was EXTREMELY loud banging on my door like someone that was pissed at me slamming on the door. Well it scared the hell out of me, and freaked out my cats. My bigger cat had been laying on me and scrambled to get under the bed, clawing up my leg in the process, so now I'm bleeding... great.

I jumped out of the bed to see who was there, I've got a really small apartment so it takes me less then 15 seconds to get to the door, and as I'm leaving my bedroom I can hear someone shove something up against my door rather roughly and loudly and then storm off down the hall.

I was like "Wtf?" Slam on my door once, wait 2 seconds, slam something against my door and walk off?

I went to the door and opened it up and it was a package.... and not even a cheap one. It was my new apoxie sculpt, 4 pounds of it, which I had broken my wallet to get.

I live in an apartment complex, and the last time UPS left something at my door it got taken (luckily up to my care taker by a "concerned neighbor" who didn't want my stuff to get stolen).... but SERIOUSLY!? you leave an expensive package at my doorstep in an APARTMENT COMPLEX!?

USPS has NEVER left my packages at the door before, and now when I get an expensive item I'm counting on they leave it? They're freaking lucky I was home, because if that package had disappeared I would have been beyond angry.

I know this wasn't my regular mail carrier, because she's super nice and never leave my package. I'm so beside myself with anger for whoever delivered my mail today because not only did they scare the hell out of me and cause my leg to get clawed up by my cats, but they waited less then 3 seconds to leave my package (by SLAMMING it against my door) and then left!

I tried to call the post office right away to complain, and they don't even answer their dang phones during BUSINESS HOURS

-.-

so guess where I'm going to be going today after going to get a new paint brush? -.-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: UGH! USPS ticks me off!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
For my neighborhood, this is the norm. They bang once really loud then leave it on your front porch. They do not wait for you to answer the door.

But maybe that's because I live in a house?

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 02:05:01 PM »
this was quite obviously a substitute, My normal postal delivery is super nice. She's really cool. She knocks softly on the door a couple times before leaving and she NEVER leaves the packages, she leaves me a note to come get them at the post office, which is what I want, because I do not want my expensive packages stolen. I have one particular neighbor that will grab my packages -.-

these are also very small apartments, a soft knock can be heard anywhere in the apartment, banging on the door makes it sound like someone's trying to beat your door down, and I live alone, I scare easily because of that because my neighborhood isn't exactly the best ever
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:06:32 PM by Alatariel-Silimaure »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
Good thing you were home Alatariel  :) 

I hate when it's not my normal mailman.  Once time my guy had a fill in and I had ordered a expensive bracelet for my mom.  Needless to say I found it wedged between my mailbox and the pole it's on at the street.  The jerk didn't even try to put it in the box let alone come to the door of my house. 

Good Luck though and hopefully you can get ahold of them soon!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
ugh it was so annoying. I hate when they flat out don't answer the phone too -.- never did get through to anyone today.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 04:28:37 PM »
I totally know how you feel.  My apartment complex is set up like a cheap motel (it should be one too...) and all the doors open up into a center hallway.  My usual mail person will refuse to leave most packages at my door, unless it's discreet and small enough to fit between my security gate and door without being obvious.  Otherwise she either leaves a pink slip or gives it to my apartment manager in apt 1 (if I leave a note asking her to) but there's a couple of mail people that cover her off days that can be jerks...she does knock quite loud, but she's probably used to people that don't answer right away.

I don't trust any of my neighbors, really, except the ones right next to me, and even them not completely (they'll whine about everything I do, even though I put up with all of their crap, like slamming doors and shouting to each other early in the morning, or the fact that they smoke right outside my window so my fan pulls in all the second hand smoke.)  The rest just move in and out so often that I have no idea who half of them are...

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »
yeah -.- I mean most of my neighbors seem decent, but I've seen weird people in the halls too, it's not a secure entrance building and I"m right near the outer door, so when I get an expensive package I do not want it left out there >_<

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
They do that for me too! Right outside my door. Or outside. Once USPS left a package...in the snow...in a puddle...outside my apartment complex door despite having a key to the inside hall.   

Good thing you were home.

I love when USPS leaves those boxes that say "Amazon" on them because thieves are certainly not going to want to steal those...
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »
yeah this one said Aves all over the box and it was quite heavy, which would probably have led most people to believe the package was valuable too!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:07 PM »
Man. That sucks! I'm glad that my apartment complex is set up pretty safely. Its a huge complex, but each building houses 8 apartments. 4 up top, and 4 below. So I actually prefer that my mail lady leave the packages by my door. I've got no problems with my neighbors. I just wish she would knock when she leaves them. Instead I can sometimes hear someone come about 3/4 up the stairs, then slide the package along the pavement to my door and hurry back downstairs.

If I know a UPS package is coming, I tape a note to the door telling them to please knock loudly, I really need my package. Otherwise they tend to knock once then slap a sticker on the door and leave.

I hope you are able to get to talk to someone about what happened. And I hope they correct the issue.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »
I'm in a house, and the USPS does not knock when they leave a package. ... But I think my favorite derp USPS story is my fiance's. He had a very expensive camera that needed to be signed for... left outside his front door in the pouring rain... in a bad neighborhood.

UPS barely knocks and runs back to their truck immediately. Luckily I HEAR the truck so I tend to catch them before they get back to their truck.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »
yeah some of the delivery people are ridiculous -.-.. anything that goes UPS I have delivered to my work unless I use Amazon prime and have it specifically arriving on a day when I'm home. I've never had problems with UPS, but Fedex is a nightmare and USPS sucks when it's a sub that's delivering -.-

GoldenLambPony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
Oh wow, how traumatizing to wake up to that. I hope you, the cat, and the item are ok. We get different postal people all the time. There is a woman on the weekend who rings the doorbell and waits for us to answer. A man in the early week that likes to frisbee throw and chuck packages toward our door without knocking or ringing, and another man later in the week that sets the packages down, rings the doorbell, then zips away before a soul can see him. So it all depends on the carrier.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 11:40:38 PM »
yeah it's super annoying >_< but I'm okay, so are my cats, and luckily the package was my new apoxie sculpt, so it's fine

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 09:47:43 AM »
I'm in a house, and the USPS does not knock when they leave a package. ... But I think my favorite derp USPS story is my fiance's. He had a very expensive camera that needed to be signed for... left outside his front door in the pouring rain... in a bad neighborhood.

UPS barely knocks and runs back to their truck immediately. Luckily I HEAR the truck so I tend to catch them before they get back to their truck.

This happened to me too recently! It was a $100 item that needed to be signed for (sent by USPS - no UPS) and he just shoved it in the mailbox! And this is a bad neighborhood as well!

I wonder how they keep their jobs...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal