collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jem knockoff "Superstars" dolls  (Read 2384 times)

moonlight twinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
Jem knockoff "Superstars" dolls
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:51:01 PM »
Has anyone else seen them? They are basically made from "leftover" jem and maxie doll parts/clothes. I don't have any, has anyone seen these in a store? I don't know why, but I want to get these so much. :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(not my photo)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Jem knockoff "Superstars" dolls
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
ha ha these are pretty neat. Its funny what we run across and go "I want that!" isn't it? I have not seen them but good luck in your quest.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:58:58 PM »
I've seen some from other collector's that were still in the baggies.  Some of them do have hollow generic bodies and some have Jem bodies (though the Jem bodies are slightly different).  The really funny ones are the ones that have a Jem girl body and a Rio head or a Rob head (Maxie's boyfriend). lol
I never saw these in the store as a child.  I do have about 10 or so of the Superstar dolls loose.  Even if they look like a Jem doll there are little signs that something is different about them.  The make up looks different, the hair can be a little shabbier, a Shana one can have discolored torso (greenish), the markings on the back of the head are missing, the markings on the back of the body are missing (or the location is), their bodies are a tiny bit shorter, and they tend to have different hand knobs that are similar to the ones that came with a regular Raya doll.  I have several of the Super Star Kimbers and they all look angry with the bolder makeup and I even have one Kimber with different colored hair (her hair is "sugarberry" when normal but I have one that is very red colored instead of the sugarberry color), oh and her hair reminds me of a parrot.  I like them.  They are different lol.

The superstar dolls usually have heads of Rio, Rob (Maxie doll), Maxie, Kimber, Aja, Shana, Pizzazz, Stormer, and Roxy.  The boy heads on the hollow bodies look really horrible lol.

Notice in the picture that Kimber is wearing the socks that came with the Michael Jackson doll. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »
I've seen some from other collector's that were still in the baggies.  Some of them do have hollow generic bodies and some have Jem bodies (though the Jem bodies are slightly different).  The really funny ones are the ones that have a Jem girl body and a Rio head or a Rob head (Maxie's boyfriend). lol
I never saw these in the store as a child.  I do have about 10 or so of the Superstar dolls loose.  Even if they look like a Jem doll there are little signs that something is different about them.  The make up looks different, the hair can be a little shabbier, a Shana one can have discolored torso (greenish), the markings on the back of the head are missing, the markings on the back of the body are missing (or the location is), their bodies are a tiny bit shorter, and they tend to have different hand knobs that are similar to the ones that came with a regular Raya doll.  I have several of the Super Star Kimbers and they all look angry with the bolder makeup and I even have one Kimber with different colored hair (her hair is "sugarberry" when normal but I have one that is very red colored instead of the sugarberry color), oh and her hair reminds me of a parrot.  I like them.  They are different lol.

The superstar dolls usually have heads of Rio, Rob (Maxie doll), Maxie, Kimber, Aja, Shana, Pizzazz, Stormer, and Roxy.  The boy heads on the hollow bodies look really horrible lol.

Notice in the picture that Kimber is wearing the socks that came with the Michael Jackson doll. :)
Thanks for the info. Also, I was looking online, and someone had one of the rio/rob superstars dolls, and the neck joint was a baby torso for a barbie. :blink:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:22:27 PM »

Thanks for the info. Also, I was looking online, and someone had one of the rio/rob superstars dolls, and the neck joint was a baby torso for a barbie. :blink:

I GOTTA see that.  Pictures?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:26 AM »

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »
His neck has a belly button!  :shocked:
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »
I've always wanted those Superstars dolls too  :biggrin:

The one that has Rio's head and Jem's body is the one I want the most !

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »
WOW.  The picture is gonna give me nightmares tonight.  *shudder*  Thanks for posting.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »

I think Sid from Toy Story made that thing. O_o It's definitely the scariest thing I've seen all month.

Kobold

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »

I think Sid from Toy Story made that thing. O_o It's definitely the scariest thing I've seen all month.

Oh man that's hilarious!  :lol:

Ianthe99

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »
I actually found one in the package once. he's upstairs. It's one of the Rio ones with blond hair.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal