collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Sylvanian Families/Calico Critter/generic flocked anthro animals :)  (Read 8352 times)

Offline Xara

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Wow! Really? I'm amazed! I had never heard of that before. I wish I could have gotten a little FF with my fast food meals, hehe. Very interesting to know, it's something I'll definitely add to my website. Are all your animals from the fast food chain? Could I possibly use your photo on my website - credited with your name of course? I'm very excited to hear this new piece of information! :) What is/was the fast food chain called?

Offline BomChorom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Of course you can use the photos ^.^ The food chain is called ¨Goody´s¨ (it still exists) and the meal is called ¨Junior meal¨. The critters were given as a gift with the meal during the period 90'-91'. I'm sure most of my critters come from the fast food chain (the ribbons on their heads is sth that my mum added afterwards, hahahaha). I don't know if FF specifically were sold/available in toy stores here, but I think Sylvanians and the Simba Bear Families figures were.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:25:57 PM by BomChorom »

Offline Xara

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Many thanks! Both for the permission to use the picture and the information. I'm such a Forest Families nerd that this is endlessly interesting to me. :D Very cool to know! Though I got some pretty unexpected/mature content search results when I googled Goody's... you have been warned. :P

Offline BomChorom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Omg !!! Really???  :shocked: Try to google it like "Goody's Greece" or "Goody's restaurant". Nothing inappropriate appears in my computer when i google it like "Goody's". I'm sorry, I really didn't know sth like that could occur :(

I found this page in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goody%27s_%28restaurant%29
I hope this helps :) I realised now that almost all the sites about goody´s are in greek so maybe that´s why you couldn´t find it  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:13:36 PM by BomChorom »

Offline Xara

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Haha, don't worry about it! I of course searched for Goodys Toys, but the toys I got weren't what I wanted to search about. I often use Google image search to find out about things that are in a language that I don't know, but often the results are completely useless!

Anyway, I'm thrilled to know that Forest Families were even available as "happy meal" toys. In South Africa, they were sold with children's underwear or so I've heard... :D How funny. In Finland you could only get them MOC or in family boxes. At least I think so - I'll never say never when it comes to Forest Families. They're such a peculiar series. :P

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you Xara so much !!! I definitely want to wash the little hippo cause he does have a smudge on his head  :( Unfortunately i don't have any adult FF :( I only have little ones cause the children FF were given here during the early 90's as a gift in a greek fast food chain when you ordered a meal for children (like McDonalds has "Happy meal"). So they used to give a little FF with each meal :biggrin:

This was completely new information to me too!  :)
I'm starting to think there is a lot of information yet to find out about the Forest Families. Probably every european country has their secrets. I need to add a note about Greece on my website too.
-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal