collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How does everyone feel about the new LPS?  (Read 4300 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: How does everyone feel about the new LPS?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 01:05:18 PM »
Their bodies are awkward in that they fall over easily.  They really didn't get this right. I still like them though, I just have to use a ticky tack blob for some of them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
that is interesting, i just became aware of LPS because of the big-head-gen. ;) i am not an LPS collector, not actively seeking because i think thier eyes are still a tad to big.
 but i have to agree that some, maybe because of these funky porportions, are unreasonably and cute. XD
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 02:56:12 PM »
I find them very hit or miss- I have a collie and a peacock in the "new" design, and like a few more such as the dolphin and seal, but for others the tiny bodies are just too disproportionate and the features are angular to the point of just being weird. To be fair, I didn't like G2 initially, either (I really liked G1 with their actions and homes) but I guess as the number of molds increased I found many to like (I also tend to collect the bird ones more than anything.)

One thing I really don't like is the mixing in of show characters with generic animals in the G3 assortments- I know the point is to cross promote the cartoon and the toys, but it just seems to clash.

kuzronk

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 01:17:17 AM »
They are alright but not as good as Gen 2.
Most fans should just deal with the change instead of ringing hasbro and hating people who love G3 or the cartoon though.

clouded_vision

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »
Honestly for me, I hate all the LPS that isn't G1 made by Kenner :/ I just cannot let go of how realistic yet cute, cuddly and awesome they were to the new toys that are disproportionate with their teeny tiny bodies and huge heads and giant bug eyes... I have tried to like them, I've played with them with my niece... I just can't do it! I think they are so ugly and it breaks my heart that they took something from my childhood that I still obsess over (and buy!) And ruined it.

kiwiikiss

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »
I don't really like G3 but I have quite a few. My birthday was recently and I got a lot for my birthday as my family and friends knew I loved LPS, but honestly I only like the G2. There are a few G3 that are cute, but do not deserve the title of "Littlest Pet Shop". YouTube is a popular place for LPS lovers (LPStubers, as they are called) to post videos and due to no bobbling heads, one of the LPS signature attributes, it's hard to make them move and appear to be talking. Also, G3 are very stiff and like many other users have stated, it's hard for them to stand. Why? All the pets' legs end in short nubs the size for a knitting needle's tip! There are no paws! There are actually a few pets, like the toy Pepper Clark from the awful LPS show on Hub, that balance solely on their oversized tails.

My idea for Hasbro is to bring back the rarer pets such as #339 and #675 in collectors editions and sell them for $30-$40. Ebay users sell fake ones for the same price or even more than that! Over thousands of dollars are made on ebay over G2s.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 11:56:35 AM »
Honestly for me, I hate all the LPS that isn't G1 made by Kenner :/ I just cannot let go of how realistic yet cute, cuddly and awesome they were to the new toys that are disproportionate with their teeny tiny bodies and huge heads and giant bug eyes... I have tried to like them, I've played with them with my niece... I just can't do it! I think they are so ugly and it breaks my heart that they took something from my childhood that I still obsess over (and buy!) And ruined it.

I do initially did not like the G2s on account of the big heads, but now I have a ton of them. Eventually I managed to get past it. That being said, I dislike the gimmicky pets with glitter and weird symbols on them. Those I really can't stand.

clouded_vision

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »

I do initially did not like the G2s on account of the big heads, but now I have a ton of them. Eventually I managed to get past it. That being said, I dislike the gimmicky pets with glitter and weird symbols on them. Those I really can't stand.

For me, so much of the charm and appeal of G1 was how realistic  they were (and I wholeheartedly feel that once they started to deviate from that with the sparkly fictional animals in the last productions had a huge factor in their loss of business). I used to carry them in my pockets EVERYWHERE lol. I always wanted to be a veterinarian so I could really take care of all the animals ;) I am usually open to change and new things but this is one thing I absolutely cannot get passed! When G2 (I have a hard time even calling them G2 because they are nothing of what they were) first came out, I was disgusted... they look like Bratz Dolls in animal form lol. I know plenty of people like the new ones, maybe I'm just to stuck on the memory of the ones I loved and can't get over it, but I know I will never like them.

sarafina

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 01:22:22 AM »
For me, so much of the charm and appeal of G1 was how realistic  they were (and I wholeheartedly feel that once they started to deviate from that with the sparkly fictional animals in the last productions had a huge factor in their loss of business).

Ditto!  I remember being sooo hopeful toward the end of the G1 line, since they had produced the Country Fun Pets, which were more realistic and charming like their predecessors... it was quite sad to see the whole toy line end at that time, when I felt like they were returning to their roots. :(  I'm also not a fan of the more fantasy-like animals from G1 - I don't collect the Mer Pets or the Dazzling Hair Pets, for instance.  I feel like they're cute in their own right, and I can see why folks collect them, but they're just not my preference. :)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 11:20:34 AM »
I just picked up a two pack of them (a chocolate themed puppy, and a purple horse with sprinkles in her mane).  I partially got them because I am drawn to anything with a horse on it, and partially to check out the new molds.  I miss the cute, chubby bodies of the older ones, and the lack of bobble heads bothers me. They are kind of cute though.  I like the vibrant colors, and the dessert theme in the pack I bought is really cute.  While I prefer the bobble head ones, I'll probably end up getting more of these.  Packs with horses, at least.  I have kind of an obsession with LPS horses  :P

One thing that drives me nutty about the horse though is how far forward her ears are.  She would be very cute except for that, but the ears are just... odd.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 05:04:01 AM »
I HATED  them at first, some are scary. :yikes: :yikes: I like the molds for Zoe and Pepper, and some of the Cats. I also like the blind bags. I am also dissapointed because there is no creativity anymore. In g2 and g1, they wouldn't keep on releasing the same characters, and it allowed fans to be more creative about naming their pets. I feel like the only characters they make now are all of the main characters, just like g4 mlp. :cry:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 01:11:37 AM »
I'm in the minority(?) here. I think the previous big-headed LPS were ugly and the new ones are cute, stylish and have a much better, dynamic character design. I particularly love how they updated the hooved animals. Recently aquired the new llama and giraffe for a friend of mine and their long faces are just adorable. Much better compared to the squishy-looking pancake heads from the previous versions ^^#

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »
There are a few cute ones, but most of them are either meh or hideous.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »
I like a few of them, especially the shark - I adore that little shark! LOL... Some of them I don't want- not that I think they are hideous or anything, I just don't want them. Some of them I see I just HAVE to have ;) .  I too thought that the first generation the best... Especially the little guinea pig set and the hamster pet - want soooo bad!!!

Star Spark

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »
I like a few of them, especially the shark - I adore that little shark! LOL... Some of them I don't want- not that I think they are hideous or anything, I just don't want them. Some of them I see I just HAVE to have ;) .  I too thought that the first generation the best... Especially the little guinea pig set and the hamster pet - want soooo bad!!!

I love the shark, too! I already had him from a previous set (he was my Shark Week "mascot"), but I saw a recolored one on clearance yesterday and couldn't pass him up!

I found a lot of other clearanced singles from what I'm assuming are the past two waves (one had a German Shepherd and the shark and the other had a goldfish) and thought they were all pretty cute (excepting the show based characters- just not my thing.) It looked like a mix of G2 and G3 molds, though I don't regularly collect LPS so I'm not sure what's what (I am a little sad I never saw these guys before the last few hit clearance- I love the woodpecker and pink kitty, but there were none left. :()

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal