collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please help me identify these fakies  (Read 4531 times)

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
Please help me identify these fakies
« on: January 22, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »
I owned a few fakies from my own childhood, and now that my fathers girlfriend has been as wonderful as to give me her own childhood ponies, including quite a few fakies, I suddenly find myself with a fakie army.
I don't quite know where to find information on these toys, but I'd love to know which ones they are and where they come from/who produced them.
If any of you have any information on these little ones I'd love to know!

I have 3 girls who actually quite resemble my little ponies.
The_Loner was kind enough to point out that it is unusual for fakies of this kind to have 2 rows of mane plugs.
I'm hoping that may help pinpoint where they come from.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Then I have this lonely girl. She made of very "squishy" plastic. But her hair feels like it's fairly high quality. Or at least better then some of the others. One kind user here informed me she used to own the same type of girl and bought her at the Dutch V&D or Vroom and Dreesman store. I don't know if that helps anyone but it seemed useful information to add.

I also have these 2 glow in the dark ones. One I picked up myself, as a cheap carnival prize if I recall correctly, and the other I received from my fathers girlfriend. They seem to be the same mold (though one seems slightly slimmer), but their eye paints differ.

Finally I have these 2 girls. Their body seems to be the exact same mold but their heads are different, and the hair on the rainbow haired one seems to be the same very messy stuff as is present on the glow in the dark ones. I was actually entertaining thoughts of one fakie company, stealing the body mold of another fakie company, and hence making fakie-fakies. >> I am easily amused.....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:22:41 PM by PandoraFox »

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: Please help me identify these fakies
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 09:56:17 AM »
The first 3 look like the dollar store fakies to me...but I am not a fakie expert :)

Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »
I have seen a lot of baby ponies like the ones in the first pic and I have some myself, but I have never seen them with two rows in the mane! I have only seen them with one row! They are really cute! :heart:  I think several companies made that kind of baby ponies but I think the two rows in the mane can help indentify them. I hope someone can help you :)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
I have tons of those! No clue what they are called!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 01:02:59 PM »
Ooooh I used to have one of those glow-in-the-dark fakies when I was a kid, mine had yellow hair though I think. I can't remember where I got her from, was deffo the UK and was late 80's though. 

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

PandoraFox

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 01:18:06 PM »
I have seen a lot of baby ponies like the ones in the first pic and I have some myself, but I have never seen them with two rows in the mane! I have only seen them with one row! They are really cute! :heart:  I think several companies made that kind of baby ponies but I think the two rows in the mane can help indentify them. I hope someone can help you :)

They are adorable aren't they? I'm definitely keeping them around.
And thank you very much for in the info! I hope you don't mind if I add that to the original post.

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
If someone got the white fakie with the pink hair in the variant with the blue hair....you do me a super great favor if i can buy it from someone!!
That's the pony who started the pony fever with me when i was little back in those days!

I had also one of those glow in the dark fakies! I had some more of those fake glowbugs, i had an army of them!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »
The white with pink hair one looks like a baby piggy pony fakie! So adorable!

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »

They are adorable aren't they? I'm definitely keeping them around.
And thank you very much for in the info! I hope you don't mind if I add that to the original post.

No problem! I'm glad I could be of at least a tiny bit of help  :)

Offline sirithfin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 03:05:19 AM »
I really don't know anything about them but I collect donkey fakies like those in the last pic you posted. The one to the right I've only ever seen in Sweden so maybe it's European thing...? :what:

Thank you Dizziness for the sig!
.: | My Arts | :.  -  .: | My Wants | :.

PandoraFox

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »
I really don't know anything about them but I collect donkey fakies like those in the last pic you posted. The one to the right I've only ever seen in Sweden so maybe it's European thing...? :what:

Seeing as these little ones all come from the childhood herds of 2 Dutch people, I indeed suspect they're all European made, or at the very least come from lines of toys that were imported here. Which most likely makes identifying them even harder, but I'm happy with every tidbit people know or remember. I just can't help but be curious about them all.
So thank you very much for your information!

Oddly, the head of the left donkey one seems to be very much like that of the glow in the dark ones. I wonder if they're related.

Offline sirithfin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »
Seeing as these little ones all come from the childhood herds of 2 Dutch people, I indeed suspect they're all European made, or at the very least come from lines of toys that were imported here. Which most likely makes identifying them even harder, but I'm happy with every tidbit people know or remember. I just can't help but be curious about them all.
So thank you very much for your information!

Oddly, the head of the left donkey one seems to be very much like that of the glow in the dark ones. I wonder if they're related.

I'm very curious too! ^-^ But since they don't have any markings (at least not mine) I don't know where to start. I don't even know if they're vintage. The first one I found was like your right donkey there, but glow in the dark, and I found it in a boot fair a couple of years ago (together with a G2 baby and a DG baby fakie.) Donkey fakies pop up from time to time on the Swedish auction site, but nearly all the time labelled as MLP. The eye paint usually differ too, so it could be several companies or factories... Gosh I wish I knew more, I love my little donkeys to bits!

Thank you Dizziness for the sig!
.: | My Arts | :.  -  .: | My Wants | :.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »
The first 3 are from Wal-Mart, they're from a Mommy/Baby set.
The last 4 look like Lanards or Lanard fakies.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:09:11 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

PandoraFox

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »
The first 3 are from Wal-Mart, they're from a Mommy/Baby set.
The last 4 look like Lanards or Lanard fakies.

Could the first 3 be fakies of the walmart fakies then?
These come from a Dutch childhood collection, and while it's not impossible for them to have gotten in there all the way from America, that is quite a long way. I suppose a European company could have bought the molds?

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »
They're all familiar molds in my fakie collection, but the European companies that use these molds are all different from the American fakie companies. Judging by the type of mold and the quality, the first three babies could be by Simba. I don't know about the piggy fakie from that time period. No clue about the donkey molds overseas. Toy Galaxy? Quest?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal