Pony Talk > Off Topic

Total Solar Eclipse Monday April 8th

(1/2) > >>

Ponyfan:
Hi,

Most of the US will see a solar eclipse today.  I live outside the path of totality so it will be around 90-95 % totality.  I don't have eclipse glasses or anything so I'll have to be content to watch the coverage on TV.   There is an eclipse party at a local museum, but it's going to be so crowded that I don't want to go. 

Don't look at the eclipse without the right eye protection. :cool:

Ponyfan

Koudoawaia:
We're going to have 96% totality where I'm at and I'm glad we'll just be able to see it from our backyard again.....if these darn clouds will cooperate and go away by then. Today is also 18 years since my husband and I first met so it's awesome we get an eclipse on our anniversary of when we met this year.^^

BlackCurtains:
Thanks for starting this thread :)

We're only going to get a partial down here. I don't have glasses either so I won't be watching.

brightberry:
We will be able to see totality if there are no clouds.  But it looks like there will be clouds. :(

Even so, I want to see it get dark.

Edit:   We were able to see it!  Saw the diamond ring effect too.   It felt like late evening.

Beth3346:
same as brightberry. hoping the weather cooperates and the rain stays away long enough.

so far the weather is not cooperating :(

we were able to see it through the clouds. all of my solar lights came on when it got dark. it was more like twilight, not pitch black but very cool. my husband was unimpressed :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version