collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! Get Meloetta Via Nintendo Network  (Read 172891 times)

Shugahime

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! [Get Darkrai @Gamestop/EBGames!]
« Reply #1110 on: May 15, 2016, 11:11:26 AM »
... I see the Alchemic symbol for Sulfur 5 on Litten's face. >w<

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 15, 2016, 11:46:33 PM »
From what I can find, "EB" isn't an acronym or code term for anything.....don't know where you heard that.

IV- Individual values. A pokemon is generated with these upon encounter. Each pokemon has a potential of 31 points spread across all their stats, with each different pokemon applying them a bit differently. Each pokemon species has a general range their stats go to, with the IVs being the first way that each is made unique. IVs are what competitive players look for, and the first thing they start breeding for when working on their perfect team. For example, if someone wants a good walling pokemon, they would breed for a Happiny that had its IVs invested in HP and SpDef. Since this evolution line has terrible attack and speed, competitive game players dump all IVs into those stats to build a brick wall of a pokemon. That sets it up to have a head start on those stats, making it possible to have huge numbers when the pokemon hits Level 100. I don't really want to get into the craziness of how to breed and re-breed pokemon to reach their perfect IV distribution for each type of player, suffice it to say it's a LONG, excruciating process that I can't bring myself to attempt. Breeding is a nightmare, I don't subject myself to it.

EV- Effort values. These are completely determined by the trainer and how the pokemon is trained and what it battles. Each pokemon can achieve a total of 510 EV points, at which point the person who says "your pokemon could work a little harder" will instead say that it can't improve anymore, then give it a ribbon for its Effort. Players who just stick to the single player don't need to concern themselves with effort points; your pokemon will earn them with each battle, as indicated by the stat change box shown upon a level up. Those increases are different for every single pokemon, because it's all about what the pokemon battled in the progress to the level. The amount gained and what is gained is different for each species, and the result is affected by your pokemon's nature. For example, if you want a fast special attacking pokemon like an Alakazam, you want one with a Timid nature, which will divert more points to speed to complement Alakazam's immense special attack. But, any nature that increases one stat has to take those points from another stat... so you wouldn't want, for example, a Jolly Alakazam, because while Jolly increases speed, it cuts special attack, crippling the pokemon's potential. Luckily, training effort values has become much easier to do and track thanks to the introduction of Super Training in Gen VI. Each game increases one stat by a certain level, making it easy, if still as tedious, to put all the EV points where you want them. And if you get a pokemon that has unsatisfactory EVs to you, there's a pure white Reset Bag that takes them all to zero, so you can train it how you desire.

SO, yeah. That's a pretty intimidating block of text... and that's the SUPER dumbed-down, no technical hoo-hah, crazy math, or stat lists. Luckily for those of us who don't like competing, all that has no use, since a pokemon that can win any match against the in-game AI trainers is one that's trained and given good moves. EV and IV craziness is only for those loons who go to the big competitions; without meticulous use and understanding, you wouldn't have a chance. Here's a fun parody song that gives the basic idea of what's needed to get perfect examples of specific team roles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalg2Y0usVg&index=3&list=PL6sN5Up1BFBg_pGzykXH8o4bURtD-qQak
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline aluke

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 16, 2016, 12:20:03 AM »
I guess I can clear the mystery here, EB is an acronym for Electronics Boutique, though I think that name is irrelevant these days. :)

So it's nothing really noteworthy you guys would care about, but there was a guy who came to my work who was playing Pokemon (I work in a Sport's Bar ATM, never expected that there)! He seemed so shy about it when I asked what he was playing he was like "well..." while turning his DS so I could see. Then I got way too excited and probably scared him (but he did tip me $8 on a $30 tab, so not too much). :P I think he is a regular too so I hope I can nerd out about Sun and Moon with him, haha.

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #1113 on: May 16, 2016, 03:04:40 AM »
Thank you, everyone.  Aitsuki, someone posted in the thread and I saw it, so I was wondering what that meant. 

Aluke, that sounded like a fun encounter.

Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:53 AM »
Its not irrelevant.  It exists in Canada and is the same store as Gamestop.  They renamed it to EB Games..im not sure how long ago, but its still referred to as EB.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 16, 2016, 11:41:51 AM »
Haha, thanks gothicsugar, it sure was a highlight for me. When were you going to get your 2DS? Are you also going to pick up Sun/Moon when it comes out too? You're one of us now!  :lol:

Its not irrelevant.  It exists in Canada and is the same store as Gamestop.  They renamed it to EB Games..im not sure how long ago, but its still referred to as EB.

I'm Canadian, I know. :P I meant knowing that EB stood for Electronics Boutique was irrelevant since gothicsugar was asking what it meant, not the store itself. I think they officially re-branded in the early 2000s, before merging with Gamestop and disappearing in the US.

I'm getting way off topic though. Sorry.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #1116 on: May 16, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »
It's been EB games here in Australia for at least 10 years now

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 16, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »

If that was intentional, that's really neat!
Instagram / Want List

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #1118 on: May 16, 2016, 02:01:23 PM »
Haha, thanks gothicsugar, it sure was a highlight for me. When were you going to get your 2DS? Are you also going to pick up Sun/Moon when it comes out too? You're one of us now!  :lol:

:frolic:  It'll be on the 31st (my job pays at the end of the month) with hopes of my Mew code still working.  My only thing now is to to figure out if I want ORAS or XY.  I really can't decide because they both sound like they have things I'd be interested in.  I'd probably get the other one later this year, but am looking for something to play this summer.  And yes, Sun and Moon if I like the other games.  I'm still waiting to see the starter evolutions even though so far I'm picking this guy.
Spoiler
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #1119 on: May 17, 2016, 03:54:45 AM »

If that was intentional, that's really neat!

thought so too, I wonder if it was on purpose :D

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 17, 2016, 01:16:35 PM »
Try to keep gen 7 talk to the other thread, guys <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 17, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »

:frolic:  It'll be on the 31st (my job pays at the end of the month) with hopes of my Mew code still working.  My only thing now is to to figure out if I want ORAS or XY.  I really can't decide because they both sound like they have things I'd be interested in.  I'd probably get the other one later this year, but am looking for something to play this summer.  And yes, Sun and Moon if I like the other games.  I'm still waiting to see the starter evolutions even though so far I'm picking this guy.
Spoiler

Exciting! Doesn't give you much time to decide on a game though. I'm still not a fan of X, but I do have the unpopular opinion here. I still haven't gotten ORAS either, but I dunno, as much as I liked Hoenn, I haven't really heard anything convincing that I need to upgrade my Emerald. Flying on the Latis seems like so much fun though, so there's that; oh, and secret bases are back and that was one of the best parts of RSE for me. :biggrin: Tough choice to make for sure. I hope your Mew card will still work, I can give you a Celebi if you needed one.

I want to respect keeping this thread gen 7/spoiler free, but I do want to say your Popplio art is adorable. I need to draw the starters too!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1122 on: May 17, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
LOL look at these ugly things I found at the thrift store, I need to find a squirtle now xD LOL happy 20th pokemon anniversary to me!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #1123 on: May 17, 2016, 05:38:17 PM »
Dunno if it's been said yet, but according to Serebii the shiny Xerneas will be distributed via code at gamestops in Norway, Finland, and Sweden. The code has to be redeemed by Dec 31st.  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 17, 2016, 06:27:04 PM »
LOL look at these ugly things I found at the thrift store, I need to find a squirtle now xD LOL happy 20th pokemon anniversary to me!

Tee-hee they are so silly looking

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal