collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me 'bout your haunted dolls  (Read 507 times)

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Tell me 'bout your haunted dolls
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »
Because sometimes haunted ponies just aren't enough. I put some antique eyes in one of my little resin dolls and am eagerly awaiting the day he does something undeniably creepy. In the meantime, what are some spooky things your dolls have done? I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me 'bout your haunted dolls
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 02:50:58 AM »
My aunt's porcelain dolls look incredibly realistic when you stare at them. And thinking that I was playing with them when I was a child... :yikes:

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:28:57 AM »
I used to own a bunch of porcelin dolls as a child. My mom kept getting me one for xmas every year since I was a little girl up until I was like 13. My little sister started getting them too, she was a little freaked out by hers and broke the legs off! Creepy but beautiful dolls, glad none of them came to life! I honestly wish I still had them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:35:29 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:53 AM »
I'm creeped out by baby dolls and dolls with weird eyes and faces. They don't even have to be 'haunted'. Just that thing sitting in a corner of the room staring back at you... eww. My mother had a singing doll from when she was a child. You could put a little disc inside her back and press a button and she'd move, open and close her eyes and the song from the disc would start to play in a very distorted way because it was so old.

When I was a kid I was deeply disturbed by this doll. My brother and I always hid her under a pile of plush animals because we were afraid she'd start moving on her own, Poltergeist style :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »
None of my dolls are haunted, but my wife can't stand my Blythe doll (the way she looks sideways at you and isn't really smiling)  I'll admit that I occasionally sneak her onto her bedstand just to get a rise... hehe!!
Seriously, she is not that scary though.  I usually have her dressed up like Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake :D

I also have this giant Strawberry Shortcake doll from Peru-  she is a bit more scary because if you press her belly button, she sings in a scratchy spanish fake-child sounding voice-  it actually will give you the chills.   I have a friend with the exact same doll (we're both foreign doll nuts) who took a youtube video of her :D

Go ahead and listen, if you dare...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cM6tSkEc1M

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »
No haunted doll stories from, but Galactica I love your Strawberry Shortcake doll from Peru! I want one now!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »
I have a big doll that my husband thinks is creepy (probably just because she's life-sized-ish) from my childhood, but she never creeps me out. There is this one book that I saw in a store once and I want to buy someday called "Creepy-a@# Dolls" that is super funny and not only has pix of creepy dolls but has made-up hilarious profiles for each one. Here's a link to look inside the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Diary-Creepy-Ass-Dolls-Stacey-Brooks/dp/1440215693

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »
*stalks*  my hubby thinks my Pullip retro Nella is kinda creepy.  He likes my others ok, but Nella bothers him.  xD

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 11:02:25 PM »
I have a big doll that my husband thinks is creepy (probably just because she's life-sized-ish) from my childhood, but she never creeps me out. There is this one book that I saw in a store once and I want to buy someday called "Creepy-a@# Dolls" that is super funny and not only has pix of creepy dolls but has made-up hilarious profiles for each one. Here's a link to look inside the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Diary-Creepy-Ass-Dolls-Stacey-Brooks/dp/1440215693

I remember that book, I think I saw a blog post on it. I haven't been able to find the book itself, but they do have a facebook page too. Not for the faint of heart. :devious:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 11:24:08 PM »
If I had a haunted doll, I probably wouldn't hang onto it for very long! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal