collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seeking Doll ID and Possible Price Checks from Barbie Collectors Please  (Read 360 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
I was out thrifting today and I came across these gorgeous girls. Each one was individually wrapped and placed in the bag (I have never seen that before), normally the store just tosses 3-5 dolls in one bag and seals it up.
Anyways, I could tell by looking that they are older than the barbies that I collect, so when I got home I opened them up and sure enough I have never seen a Barbie where the info is on the bum vs the lower back.

I tried to look them up on ebay  and on the Barbie reference site, although I may have a rough idea who 1 or 2 of them are, I'm not too sure because doll identification can be complicated in the land of Barbie when it comes to the vintage dolls. So I would appreciate any help that you guys can provide me with. Sorry about some of the photo's being turned, photobucket never co-operates with me :lol:

Dollikin w/ original outfit?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Barbie 1

Barbie 2 w/ rooted lashes and non bendy legs (Midge, but unsure what version, release, year etc)

Barbie 3 w/ rooted lashes and odd hair pieces (Francie? Not sure year, release, version etc)

Barbie 4

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Doll ID and Possible Price Checks from Barbie Collectors Please
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »
Barbie 1 and 4 might be one of the original Malibu Barbies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline daydreamwinn

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 02:40:06 PM »
Barbies 1 and 4 need their heads switched.  Head 1 and body 4 are Malibu Francie, and body 1 and head 4 are Malibu Barbie.  Barbie 2 is a Hair Fair brunette head on an early 60s straight leg Midge/Barbie body.  The head was sold in a pack by itself with the hairpieces that are with Barbie 3.  Barbie 3 is a Francie.  If her legs are rubbery, she's a bend leg doll, and if not, she's a straight leg.  :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 05:05:47 PM »
Barbies 1 and 4 need their heads switched.  Head 1 and body 4 are Malibu Francie, and body 1 and head 4 are Malibu Barbie.  Barbie 2 is a Hair Fair brunette head on an early 60s straight leg Midge/Barbie body.  The head was sold in a pack by itself with the hairpieces that are with Barbie 3.  Barbie 3 is a Francie.  If her legs are rubbery, she's a bend leg doll, and if not, she's a straight leg.  :)

Thank you! I spent hours trying to ID Barbie #1 and I couldn't find anything on her. Do you happen to know how much these are worth if I were to clean them up and resell them? Ebay pricing seems to be all over the map.

Offline daydreamwinn

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 01:59:34 PM »
Sorry!  I forgot about this topic until just now.

I would put the Dollikin between $8 and $15, with the higher end for tight limbs.  The malibu dolls would probably be in the same range, higher end for knees that still click and hold and good hair (they're prone to having their hair fall out and break off).  You may want to separate the body and hair fair head, as there are people usually looking for bodies for their vintage dolls.  It is missing a pinkie, so that will affect the price.  I would still put it from $10-$15.  The head with the hair pieces is probably in the same range.  Francie has fading on her face and arms, so her price would be lower than a good color doll, most likely around $10-15.

Just like with ponies, if you put everything together in a lot, the price will probably go lower.  I would still try the Dollikin separately, as there are people who are interested in her but not Barbie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal