collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunfading Brazil and Argentina Ponies?  (Read 529 times)

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
Sunfading Brazil and Argentina Ponies?
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »
Hey all, I hope this is the right place to put it, I'm asking specically about Brazil and Argentina ponies so I thought it might lol

I have a lovely Brazil Truly who has pink pen marks all on her body and a little on her face, is she safe to sunfade? Has anyone ever sunfaded a Brazil pony? I'm worried as she has a different plastic compared to a US pony... And she was also my grail since I began collecting and I don't want to ruin her! The pink pen has soaked into the plastics long ago and can't be removed by other methods I've tried..
I also have the most gorgeous Argentina Moonstone who if it weren't for $5.80 written on her rump would be very near mint, would it be safe to sunfade the blue biro $5.80 off? It also like with Brazil Truly won't come off with other methods that I've tried...
I want to make these girls look as beautiful as they deserve to be but I fear that the plastics won't react well! Please let me know of any experiences that you've had! I'm really nervous to try but I do know they will be amazing without the pen marks

(Also I can't get pictures right now I'm away from my house lol)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sunfading Brazil and Argentina Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:31:05 AM »
It's fine to sunfade Brazilians but make sure that NO part of her hair is exposed.  That stuff will turn to powder if it gets too much sun. 

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
Skeen is right, make sure you cover the hair, eyes and symbols :) I think the argie pony should be fine to sun fade as well :) again cover the eyes, symbols etc.

Keep a close eye on them :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Truly

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 07:33:39 PM »
Thank you both so much, I didn't know about the hair turning to powder! I think I would've cried my eyes out if that happened! Thank you so much! :) I'll definitely keep a close eye on them in the Australian sun, perhaps the afternoon will be the best time to sunfade.
I'll have to post pics when I'm done!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »
If you can take "before" pictures :)

You should get good results with Autralian sun ^.^ I live in Northern Europe so sun fading can take a loooong time!

Love pkw xxx

Truly

Re: Sunfading Brazil and Argentina Ponies? PIC HEAVY
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 09:19:49 PM »
Well so far only one pony has been successful! It's been raining a lot around here which is very odd!

A bit cross-posted but I'm not sure what to do about that... either way its ponies :)
Moonstone looks amazing now though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here is some before pictures of some other ponies, Brazil Truly isn't that bad with her pen marks, and it wasn't too successful out in the sun but it has faded, I'm just nervous to leave her out too long! It's hard to see, but in person it is noticeable but she is still so beautiful!

Two new additions that also need help: Mexico skydancer with some pretty terrible "sores."

And Dutch Star, who has a pink highlighter star (ironic) on her back and a "M" on her head

For some reason Dutch star's highlighter marks aren't budging too much, and poor Mexican Skydancer hasn't faded at all, only time will tell though. I never thought highlighter would be so stubborn to fade away on a white pony even in the Australian sun! I'll keep trying either way, just thought I'd pop up the before pictures while I have some internet and a laptop :)

Edit: forgot to ask, is it safe to try to de-frizz brazil pony hair? I mostly use a hair-straightener on the lowest setting (which is barely hot) to treat other pony hair but I have never tried anything like that on a Brazil pony's cottony hair so i'm pretty scared to hehe. I'll try out some of my nice hair conditioner first, but her mane is rather frizzy at the ends but she has a lot of potential!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:24:05 PM by Truly »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 11:42:31 AM »
Brazilians respond to straightening but just use a very low setting and a lot more conditioner than you'd think you need.  Go slow, and you can turn up the temp as you go.  My straightener goes to 10 and I use a 5+ for normal ponies and about a 3 for Brazilians with really bad hair.  If the hair isn't too bad a 5 is usually ok.  Work in smaller sections than you would normally too.  :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »
Thank you for the update :D

I agree with Skeen you can straighten Brazilian hair, just be very gentle :)

Moonstone has sunfaded great :) some marks do fade faster than others and some marks don't seem to budge :huh: I guess it depends on the marks and the sunshine.

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal