collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where have all the Colombians gone?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Where have all the Colombians gone?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 04:25:22 AM »
I'm going with the theory that the Vennies have taken over ;) lol

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 05:06:49 AM »
My Colombian yellow boy doesn't have a forelock but are you sure yours isn't a rehair sternenstaub? I have four of the Colombian boys in excellent condition an without mane or tail trims and none of them have manes as long as yours?

I have 9 Colombian girls, 2 of them applejacks the rest bowties with two collectors pose, my most recent is a gorgeous hot pink bowtie will yellow hair upgrade.

The recent peach white blossom isn't OOAK, I have her too :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
My Colombian yellow boy doesn't have a forelock but are you sure yours isn't a rehair sternenstaub? I have four of the Colombian boys in excellent condition an without mane or tail trims and none of them have manes as long as yours?

I have 9 Colombian girls, 2 of them applejacks the rest bowties with two collectors pose, my most recent is a gorgeous hot pink bowtie will yellow hair upgrade.

The recent peach white blossom isn't OOAK, I have her too :)
-Hangs out at Flame's house to play with the AJs- :P
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 01:57:53 AM »
I'm going with the theory that the Vennies have taken over ;) lol

I'm with Sarah Bee, the vennies have snuffed out the competition :P I've also noticed the colombians are a little scarce as of late too
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline blu_clouds

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 05:15:30 AM »
I remember when the Columbians first came out, and were super expensive.  Now I can only imagine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 07:57:36 AM »
i've got a few colombian babies that i need to photograph for the galleries  :blush:
but i've just been waaay busy :crazy:  and they've been sitting in my box of 'ponies for cleaning' since i bought them last year

that is, baby apple delights :lookround: and a different colored hair varient of a pony that is already pictured.  someday i'll get myself organised with the camera. someday...

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 06:50:11 PM »
Reverse bowtie.... *drools* I absolutely love Bowtie. She is my favorite. I am now in the process of trying to get nirvana's of her.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 12:40:58 AM »
i've got a few colombian babies that i need to photograph for the galleries  :blush:
but i've just been waaay busy :crazy:  and they've been sitting in my box of 'ponies for cleaning' since i bought them last year

that is, baby apple delights :lookround: and a different colored hair varient of a pony that is already pictured.  someday i'll get myself organised with the camera. someday...
So you're the one who got baby apple delight. I was wondering what ever happened to him. I remember seeing him on ebay and wanted to bid, but there was too many other auctions I was interested in so didn't do it. If you ever decide to part with him, let me know.

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »
there was one on ebay?!?!?!?  :whoa:  i didnt even see that auction!!  which version was it :tellme:  i've been out of ponyland for a fair while this year as work has been so busy (cant complain given the global recession crisis) so its like all these vennies that suddenly appeared and i didnt know about them from when they first 'surfaced' as it were. 

but seriously, i got mine outside of ebay, the purple one and a rather sorry-looking yellow & green one...  pics will be donated, eventually, even if they do end up being poor quality ones from my beloved 5 yr old camera-phone ;)

so who got the ebay one? how long ago was the auction?

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 07:50:55 PM »
The auction was around October of last year. I thought there was only one. Can't remember  exactly what color he was and stupid me didn't even bother to save a picture ><. Don't know who won him.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 08:27:02 PM »
oooh I'd love to see a baby apple ... ha - writing about all these colombians I just had to "adopt" Shelti's bluebelle ;-) but yeah, other than a way overpriced abused bowtie on ebay, there is not much out there unless folks have been having mercado luck maybe?  I agree the vennes have upstaged colombia of late, but love the hairblends = and still make me wonder what glacia's lickety is as the only two-tone venne  (?) or maybe the only running pose colombian (?) hmmm...

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
I doubt that lickety is colombian. For one thing her symbols and eyes match exactly the other venezuelan licketiys found in different colors so She has to come from Venezuela.... There are several one of a kind vennys that duplicates have not popped up of. The medleys would be a good example. I hope we see some multi colored vennys popping up soon. I just think if they do they will pop up from childhood collections rather than MIB. It looks like only a certain portion of MIB bisanti stock was preserved (with ponies that have the same color schemes)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:17:47 AM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »
I'm not 100% sure the white Lickety with two tone hair is Venezuelan, but it definitely is the leading possibility at the moment :) I also hope we see more pop up from there not MIB, if only to see what else is out there!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:03 PM »
The thing is, every south american country so far has their own different take on symbols, eyes, hair length and quality, etc.  Glacia's lickety matches perfectly to the other venezuelan licketies found so far. ONly difference is she has multi colored hair. I just think if another country had made her she would have different symbols, different hair, different eyes and different plastic.
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »
I agree - of the countries we know, Venezuela is the best fit - she certainly doesn't seem to fit any of the others - except for  that two tone hair. However, I am not convinced there is not another country out there we haven't discovered yet, hence my reservations about putting her 100% into the Venezuela catagory until we find some additional confirmation. She's not the only one either - there are a few others.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal