collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it even worth my time selling ?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Is it even worth my time selling ?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 07:40:24 AM »
I recommend selling the more common ponies in lots and if you have any more sought-after, hard-to-find ponies to sell them individually and maybe offer them here first before going to eBay just because you won't have to deal with the fees.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 08:02:54 AM »
The thing is ponies go for much higher prices on ebay than here on the arena. As long as you sell on there you shouldn't have problem.
-

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »
I have quite a few HTF G1's that I'm on the lookout for...
Maybe go with the ones that you want to go to dedicated collectors here (and have been a part of the feedback system)--ask for a PC and then gauge interest?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

CrumpetMLP

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 11:31:50 AM »
Everyone has great suggestions, and I'll keep all of you in mind when I'm ready. There's no reason why you can't message me a want list- so if you have one, by all means - send it to me! In the meantime, I've got a lot of stuff to process. I've got kiddos and work, so it will be something I can't devote 100% of my time to but will definitely keep at it. Having a major life change (likely single mom to 5) is never easy, so I'm in a position where I have no choice but to keep moving. Thank you so much everyone- I really mean it.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
G1s always sell. Many nirvana prices are much lower than in the past. Mail order us babies are so high! They are the ones i would sell first if you need money fast

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 04:01:33 PM »
I admire your desire to get out of debt any way possible.  I just want to share my not so successful (for me) experience with selling.

I chose to sell my G1 collection of about 150 ponies individually here a few years ago and some of them sold but many of the common ones didn't, and that was a large part of my collection.  Since I'd been out of the pony loop for a long time, I found pricing to be really hard, so I may have been asking too much.  I also felt that most collectors already had the ponies I had for sale.  This meant that the sales were in drips and drabs so it was hard to make a dent in any debt.  I sold probably less than half of my small collection, mostly just my nicer/more rare ponies.

Now I'm in a better place financially but not from pony sales.  I also found I was on the board here a lot more since I was selling and my pony love was rekindled and now I'm collecting ponies again, though in a more moderate way.  You may want to really be sure you won't miss your ponies when they're gone, especially if you have other avenues of paying off your debt.  I'm now trying to get back many of the ponies I sold and many are hard to find.

I do find that pony prices are higher that when I was actively collecting the first time around, and maybe selling in lots, as suggested, and even using ebay might help you sell faster.

Good luck with whatever you choose.  :)
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 05:20:17 PM »
... I also found I was on the board here a lot more since I was selling and my pony love was rekindled and now I'm collecting ponies again, though in a more moderate way.  You may want to really be sure you won't miss your ponies when they're gone, especially if you have other avenues of paying off your debt.  I'm now trying to get back many of the ponies I sold and many are hard to find.

Ya unless they're Nirvanas, well-done Customs or rares... Ponies aren't a away to make a lot of money.  They're small enjoyable items - you may want to just hold on to them.  Not saying that getting out of debt isn't good, but MLP probably isn't worth the effort it takes.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »
You're in a tough spot.  I started buying on ebay but quickly switched to here because eBay prices can be high, which suggests that's the place to sell, but...those that are priced too high i would see over and over, and not be moving.

make sure you research the prices for closed auctions and always question why something gets a higher price than something else that was identical....description words, time of listing, etc are all key factors and if your ponies are in great condition make sure it is clear in the pictures, or you may not see prices worth their condition.  I'm not sure I agree with selling commons in lots and valuable ones separately....I have seen some lots go pretty crazy in price overall on eBay when there are just a couple of more valuable ponies mixed in the lot.  Take your selling seriously, try different combinations and review to fine tune your approach as you go....don't just dribble away your ponies without getting the money you need.  Also with so many ponies, choose carefully which ones you let go....make sure you hang onto those most dear to you if you can.

The last few posts, I see people cautioning you of the difficulty replacing your ponies and I agree with that....I know your options must be limited to be considering selling your beloved ponies.  Please consider your options carefully and I hope you muddle through ok!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 08:09:22 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your situation and that you feel you need to sell your ponies. I think you got a lot of great advice already. I agree that I think prices have gone up but it seems they aren't selling as fast lately.

I'll be back to buying ponies in a couple weeks here after my craft fair. Common ponies are definitely harder to sell but there are always gaps in collections and for me personally, if I'm buying a pony from someone I'll often look at their other ponies and buy a couple commons too to save on shipping.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
For common ponies, take really nice pictures and put them on eBay as a BIN.  You can get a good price (or even an inflated price!) for common G1s on eBay, you just have to be patient.  A BIN listing will last 30 days;  when the listing expires, just relist it.

It's actually easier to sell common ponies on eBay than here IMO, because most people here will already have Medley, Cotton Candy, etc (if they wanted them to begin with).

Or, sell the common ponies in sets.  Though you will get less per pony that way.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal