collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 163731 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #480 on: January 26, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
I concur, Mandy. However, I really would like Clawd! Hehe

If 1600 Lagoona comes out, I really hope she's great. She looks adorable in the artwork circulating around.

Once I fiddled with Clawd's hair, and made his 'hawk stand up a bit, he looks really sexy :) They're back to normal now, but I took off his jacket and gave him signature Clawd's gold vest and... wow! I just don't like displaying my dolls out of stock for too long.

And I am dying to see 1600 Lagoona made. I love her dress in the artwork. I just hope the longer hair isn't as frizzy as it was on DotD Lagoona!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 26, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Crimson, after reviewing her Flickr, I have bought from her!

I'm so happy I got my lagoona's rehaired. They come with the rattiest hair ever.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 26, 2012, 08:52:43 AM »

Crimson, after reviewing her Flickr, I have bought from her!

I'm so happy I got my lagoona's rehaired. They come with the rattiest hair ever.

Gorgeous. I can't wait until I graduate and have time to sew for my dolls.. *battling major senioritis*

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #483 on: January 26, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
I use shampoo when I was my dolls hair. The glue comes out with just water, but if the hair has that lovely oily film on it, shampoo helps.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 26, 2012, 09:48:58 AM »
I just found a Holt at Target. He was a returned Christmas gift because he still had wrapping paper attached to his box lol

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #485 on: January 26, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
I'm so disappointed with my SS dolls, the Gil that I picked up before Christmas has glue on his face and my Ghoulia's glasses were broken right out of the box. :(  I was able to get some of the glue off Gil with acetone, but some of it is on his eyebrow.

Then yesterday I thought I found an SS Lala, but when I turned the box around I found it was Abbey in Lala's box.  Come on Mattel, can't you even get your dolls in the right boxes?

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 26, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »
thanks for the advice on the hair.  I'll have to try again with jackson first, cause his hair will be easier to fix if I screw it up ;)

Then yesterday I thought I found an SS Lala, but when I turned the box around I found it was Abbey in Lala's box.  Come on Mattel, can't you even get your dolls in the right boxes?

I would have bought that.  annoying as it is to think you're about to get someone you want - factory error like that can be worth something down the road.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 26, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »
I'm so disappointed with my SS dolls, the Gil that I picked up before Christmas has glue on his face and my Ghoulia's glasses were broken right out of the box. :(  I was able to get some of the glue off Gil with acetone, but some of it is on his eyebrow.

I'm sorry for your dolly misfortune Yellowcat. :( You may want to try contacting Mattel over Gil and Ghoulia, their customer service is wonderful and they may be able to help you out in getting some better replacements. I don't think anyone should settle for defective dolls and reporting flaws like this will help give Mattel some incentive to step up their game.

How aggravating on the Draculaura box-swap. I've heard of many instances of the Skull Shores dolls being packaged in the wrong boxes lately.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:06:12 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 26, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »
sooooo dissapointed.  I contacted mattel today because when I first got my lagoona, the C clip broke the first time I tried to pop her into it.  after seeing people get replacement parts for their dolls, or replacement dolls all together, I thought customer service would be able to help me out.

"diana" took info from me, and then informed me that they did not have replacement stands, because they don't make the stands.  she said she would mail me a $5 voucher, and suggested I go to a hobby store that might carry doll stands.  o.0

I said that was silly, because they have replacement hands and other small parts on their site - but apparently they make the doll parts, just not the stands.  I asked her if there was an email I could send a suggestion/complaint to, because they should be able to replace any parts for their product.  I mean, really... why outsource the stands?  make all of it yourself!  she said she would be happy to pass the message along.  I'm very sure you will, diana.

I'm not sure exactly how a $5 voucher is gonna help me with a busted stand I can't get my doll to stand up on.  lol.

(I know there are probably reasonable explanations, but I want to rant to people who will understand... I was not in any way mean to diana!)
looking into a re-branding.

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 26, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »
Sorry to hear about your experince with Mattel CS Buddafly.....I guess it depends on who you get. They told me the same thing, that they don't make replacement parts for the stands.

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #490 on: January 26, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
Woot! My SS Lagoona and Maul fashion pack got here! You guys really weren't kidding about her hair quality. :P But she's gorgeous and I'm really glad I got her, I liked her a lot more out of the box than I thought I would! And I got the one with the pink stand, it's inexplicably sweet and I'm usually not even a 'pink' person!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #491 on: January 26, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »
WOW Great Pictures Everyone!

If someone happens to come across Cupid Pls Pls PLS pick me 2 up it doesn't seem like Canada is gonna get them anytime soon.
And I really dont want to pay 40+ ebay prices

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 26, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »
I'm assuming the new dolls hit my Walmart recently, because there was one Cleo on the shelf that wasn't there before. They had plenty of Sweet 1600 dolls and Skull Shores Ghoulia and Lagoona. Target had Sweet 1600 dolls, a Nefera, and a Cleo. TRU had the bed sets and all of the Classroom dolls. Everywhere had the create-a-monster sets, which I don't have yet, but I just couldn't push myself to buy.

I really want to see some Gloom Beach, Dead Tired, or a Skull Shores Gil so I can actually buy something.... but so far, no luck.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 26, 2012, 02:00:04 PM »
Toys R Us had tons of Classroom dolls and Skull Shores today. I ended up getting a ton of Skull Shores dolls at Fred Meyer. They had all of them for $14.99 plus I had a 10% off coupon for toys. I'm hoarding dolls for my friend's twin girls now :)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 26, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
@Crimson and Pickle- Yeah, I agree that Lala's club pack is the best fashion pack that has come out yet. Though I have not seen Spectra's in person so she could win too.

Crimson, I can keep an eye out for another Lala club pack if you want. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal