collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 163715 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #465 on: January 25, 2012, 08:45:12 PM »
FINALLY. New laptop got here today, finally got everything transfered and set up... So here's a picture of my Operetta with her hair all taken care of and put in curls!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oooh, Love what you did with the back! And congrats on the new laptop!

I am super excited because tonight when I was at Wal-Mart I found Lala's club fashion pack!! :frolic: I can finally put my GB Lala in a new outfit and there is much rejoicing.

Pickle, I love your pictures as always. Is that Lala the Sweet 1600 version in the SS outfit or just the SS version in her stock outfit? I only ask because her bangs look similar to those of the Sweet 1600 one.

That's the SS Lala... she and the 1600 share the same bangs. Although SS has a much less complicated style at the back :) Ooh, and congrats on the club pack! I haven't seen any fashions whatsoever (except for Deuce's casketball uniform) since around Christmas!

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 25, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
Am I the only one that feels an overwhelming sense of "meh" towards the Sweet 1600 line? I mean they all look pretty enough, but compared to the rest of the line they just don't stand out. Their outfits, especially Frankie's, just do not translate well from art to doll and just makes me think of prom rather than "a high fashion" birthday party.

Eh...maybe it is just me, I don't know.

You arent Alone.Waayyy to much tinsel and severe haircuts for me!And ugh,clawd looks like he has muttonchops...
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #467 on: January 25, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
gah!  NoDivision, gorgeous pic of Operetta...I can't wait to get my hands on her myself!  Also, YAY!  New laptop!  lol

~Rodan+Fields~

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #468 on: January 25, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »
I don't even LIKE Draculaura...so how do I have THREE of her with TWO more on the way?

I also said, what, four days ago that I wasn't buying multiples? And now I have two Frankies and two Ghoulias with two more Ghoulias incoming...::headesk::.

:D I know how you feel. I couldn't make up my mind which one of Lala I wanted, so I decided I don't like any of her, and then suddenly I got 4 of her. These are the wicked ways of MH.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #469 on: January 26, 2012, 01:18:14 AM »
Toralei is on Amazon NOW for retail from Mattel - $20. And you can only purchase one at a time, with a max of two.

Score one for Mattel -- nice way to foil scalpers, yet it means I only have one extra Toralei for Arena members. I was hoping to get two -- one for the bounty hunting thread and one to trade for Cupid. Now I don't know what I wanna do with the extra. :/

picklepud

« Reply #470 on: January 26, 2012, 02:21:52 AM »
I am super excited because tonight when I was at Wal-Mart I found Lala's club fashion pack!! :frolic: I can finally put my GB Lala in a new outfit and there is much rejoicing.

Pickle, I love your pictures as always. Is that Lala the Sweet 1600 version in the SS outfit or just the SS version in her stock outfit? I only ask because her bangs look similar to those of the Sweet 1600 one.

Congrats on Lala's club fashions. One of the best fashion's so far the team have come up with.

Thank you.
She is SS Lala.

I just cut and styled her bangs are they were practically straight.

Post Merge: January 26, 2012, 03:00:59 AM

I had to give Abbey her little fur cuffs like on her art.
To me she didnt look finished without them.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:00:59 AM by picklepud »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 26, 2012, 03:19:32 AM »
Err if these manufacturing defects are occuring, I'm a little concerned for previous and future dolls I buy. Esp. when they're still MIB and I have no clue weather their safe or not from snapping off. @,@;

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have close to 60 dolls from this line, and I've only had one mishap. I'm not discounting the issues others have had (and I have a few dolls who definitely worry me sometimes, when I re-dress them), but the number of issues vs. number of dolls sold is pretty big. Also, if you plan on keeping them MIB, it's not like you'll be posing or redressing them :)

At some point I'll wanna take them out, pose them and redress them, it'll just be a big downer when I do decide to take them out and some of them end up having defects. For the time being, I'm just keeping them MIB until I've gotten them all, or I till end up cracking under the pressure of not wanting to keep them in their boxes and take them out. lol Kinda like a "See how long I take before I give into the temptation" game.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:21:52 AM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
how are you guys washing the glue out of your doll's hair?  I tried washing my gloom beach jackson as a test, and his hair still feels nasty.  I don't want to damage anyone's hair, but the helmet head/coarse texture drives me crazy.
looking into a re-branding.

picklepud

« Reply #473 on: January 26, 2012, 03:49:17 AM »
how are you guys washing the glue out of your doll's hair?  I tried washing my gloom beach jackson as a test, and his hair still feels nasty.  I don't want to damage anyone's hair, but the helmet head/coarse texture drives me crazy.

I just use warm water.
With some that have major hard head, it takes a couple of washes.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 26, 2012, 04:56:14 AM »
I'll go take a look, crimson!

I put Ghoulia in the green dress, Clawdeen in the pink, Abbey in the polka dot, and Cleo in the orange. Pics this weekend! 

Post Merge: January 25, 2012, 07:16:35 PM

I can't seem to find that gangrels. Would you happen to have a link?

She and I are friends on Flickr, so I shot her a message. Honestly, I'm not sure if she's just commissions or if she has an Etsy shop. I can PM a link to her Flickr if you like.

Thank you!

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 26, 2012, 05:34:53 AM »

I just use warm water.
With some that have major hard head, it takes a couple of washes.

just warm water, no soap or shampoo/conditioner?  sorry if it's not obvious, but these dolls are so hard to get ahold of, I'd be crushed if I damaged one.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 26, 2012, 05:53:04 AM »
Budda: just be careful if you have a Toralie. Her stripes in her hair will come off, or at the very least fade, if washed.

creampuf

« Reply #477 on: January 26, 2012, 06:06:47 AM »
I used warm water and baby shampoo (just a drop) and I found that it was so gentle that Toralie's strips were undamaged ^_^

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 26, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
Am I the only one that feels an overwhelming sense of "meh" towards the Sweet 1600 line? I mean they all look pretty enough, but compared to the rest of the line they just don't stand out. Their outfits, especially Frankie's, just do not translate well from art to doll and just makes me think of prom rather than "a high fashion" birthday party.

Eh...maybe it is just me, I don't know.

You arent Alone.Waayyy to much tinsel and severe haircuts for me!And ugh,clawd looks like he has muttonchops...

I admit that I'm not much of a fan of them either, though I adore the shoes on the girls. I think they photograph nice, but I haven't been impressed enough with them in person to pick any of them up for myself. I feel like they have just a little too much going on and I prefer the way their artwork looks over the actual execution.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:41:28 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 26, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
I concur, Mandy. However, I really would like Clawd! Hehe

If 1600 Lagoona comes out, I really hope she's great. She looks adorable in the artwork circulating around.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal