collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 107684 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1215 on: November 23, 2023, 05:52:19 PM »
What a day. I wrote a long timeline in WYP. He had PUS IN HIS PENIS! :shocked: They pushed out pus and flushed him. He's on antibiotics now! Always trust your gut! You know your pets! Don't hesitate! I am so glad we reacted. He is home. He is drugged. He refuses to lay on a bed in a dark warm room. He's on the floor in the hallway. He wants to be alone. Simba washed his face.

I am so tired now. I feel dead inside.

Ooh! :stunned: Glad you got to the vet and there they found out what's wrong with Ninja! Fortunately, there were no urinary tract/bladder blockages! I've never heard of this before. Where could it have come from? Was there an abscess on the outside or did the pus come from inside the penis? :huh: I hope the antibiotic starts working on it right away and Ninja gets better! :hug: :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1216 on: November 24, 2023, 05:32:16 AM »
Omg, how awful for him! My female cat had infected anal glands that were full of pus. They had to sedate her and get it all out, they told me some of it was green. She was 12 when that happened and I was so worried but afterwards she felt much better.

It's good you went with your instinct.

I hope the antibiotics work and he starts to feel better. I hope YOU start to feel better too. My animals are my babies and I know how stressful it can be when one is sick. You took care of him for now, so remember to take care of yourself :hug:

Thank you :heart:. I really should but it's hard. It really does stress me up and my cold got worse. I hardly slept three hours tonight and my throat is all sore again and my back ache. I'm thinking a bubble bath actually but don't know if I can cool down enough to enjoy it.. I'm glad it went well with your cat :hug:.

Ooh! :stunned: Glad you got to the vet and there they found out what's wrong with Ninja! Fortunately, there were no urinary tract/bladder blockages! I've never heard of this before. Where could it have come from? Was there an abscess on the outside or did the pus come from inside the penis? :huh: I hope the antibiotic starts working on it right away and Ninja gets better! :hug: :heart:

They think it's bacteria that has entered his urethra somehow. They took some samples from it and his urine and are gonna call us today or monday with the results. The vets at that place are the best and the sweatest I've met. I wish they were closer or I would make them my ordinary ones.

The antibiotics are pills and are huuuge! I've divided them in quarters and he is to have three quearters three times a day. I tried to mortar them and mix the powder with his wetfood for his lunch but he wouldn't eat it. I tried keeping him in a separate room to eat per vets order and he refused. He did not even want the kibble I replaced the wetfood with and now wont eat anything. I had to push three new pills down his throat. He's now stubbornly sleeping on the floor in the hallway. Hubby says he ate the med in his wetfood this morning and thinks I did something wrong.. sigh.. Lets see if he wants to eat dinner later. John is the one who will serve him. I'm gonna refuse.

I had to do an online test of safety aboard trains today. It was the last day and through a link I got in my work phone so I opted to do it at home. In the middle of it John came up and wanted to talk about Ninja and the food and meds and I tried to tell him several times that I was busy doing an important test. In the end I had to close my door in his face to be able to continue. It stressed me up a lot.. I passed but I missed some very critical key things that I think I would have got if my mind had been 100% clear as it was when I started the test. aaaargh!

I bought a big bar of my favorite chocolate today. I really need it. After a late lunch.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1217 on: November 24, 2023, 05:53:00 AM »
Your husband has been a real bonehead lately but he's probably worried and stressed about Ninja too. It's good you passed the test :)

I woke up with a bad headache along with all my other aches and pains. My neck has been bothering me for a while too. It's very sore. I want to get a cervical neck corrector pillow from Amazon but it's expensive. Is it on sale for Black Friday? No.

It's really cold today, 62 only. I put socks and my sweater on. Still in shorts, but that's the Florida cold weather look :P

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1218 on: November 24, 2023, 10:47:38 AM »
lol BC. i've started to feel really old because now when i see younger people in shorts when it's cold i feel concerned. even though i spent most of my teens and early 20s wearing sweatshirts and shorts and knowing me back then probably sandals and arguing to my parents that if it was above freezing at least i was perfectly warm.

my complaint today is my vacation is almost over. Thanksgiving break never really feels like vacation because it's so much work with the cleaning and cooking. also i overcorrected on the stuffing and added too much broth because i didn't want it to be dry. it was still ok but a little soggy :( at least christmas/new years break will be here soon.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 24, 2023, 03:17:44 PM »
Beldarna, thanks for the reply! So let's wait for the results.

Cats are usually so reluctant to take pills that you usually have to force them down their throats, even though it feels really bad.  :huh:
It would be great and easier if Ninja suddenly agreed to continue taking pills among the food that John serves him! Let's hope that happens! :cheer: But of course I don't think you did anything wrong trying to get the cat to take its medicine with food!  :nope: :heart: You can't really find out what cats are thinking. :nuts: :snicker: Maybe it was just a coincidence that at that moment the food tasted good and the medicine went down its throat at the same time. :wonder:

(Sorry if there are many typos in my writing! I'm really tired.)  :yawn:
:zzz:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 24, 2023, 03:42:56 PM »
there's so much stress going on in my life right now. 

this morning I had an anxiety attack for the first time in a long time.  I think it was the green tea - after the first few sips,  I got flushed and my heart wouldn't stop pounding and I started getting really anxious and "the feeling of dread"... I had to go sit down in the bedroom and match socks until the feelings subsided. 

i am faltering through masking the burnout, and I need a vacation so much but we don't have the money to go on vacation.  most days I stagger through the door of the workplace and the new hires think I am a client or a guest in need, NOT that I have my own set of keys to a part of the building they've never seen.  LOL 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 25, 2023, 06:16:04 AM »
BC, he is, isn't he? He is the best person I know, so lovable and caring and supporting. But in some situations he's a true bonehead, that's for sure. But you're right. I carry my worries on my sleaves, no poker face at all. Before therapy I was a mask of coldness but she taught me to "be in the emotion" when it comes and not turn off. Now I can't turn off even if I try, I have forgotten how. He on the other hand keeps things inside of him as usual. But at least we can talk things through and not bottle up.

Lol about the weather and shorts! I had to convert 62, it decent spring/almost summer weather over here :). Not shorts for me, but a dress and pantyhoses and a spring jacket.

Heart of Midnight The results said no bacteria but we are to continue with the antibiotics anyway as a precaution. So we have no idea why, really :shrug:. It's so strange. He has been very good with the pills. Even a short while after he comes up for snuggles so no hate at least, unless he tries to make me comfortable while he plots his revenge  :wonder:. He ate his breakfast and half his lunch so it feels better in my heart :).

lovesbabysquirmy I'm sorry about the stress. It doesn't sound good at all :hug:

I'm still very stressed about everything. I'm not even in the mood for christmas now and it's one of my favorite time of the year. I bought a lot of new christmas items earlier before verything went down hill and they are still unopened in the bag. I don't even feel like putting anything up.. I'm going to grandpa tomorrow to settle up his christmas items. I hope to get inspiration.

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 25, 2023, 11:33:58 AM »
Cats can be somewhat vengeful. like my cat would pee in my room if he was locked in overnight and stare at me while he did it. but i think they know when you're concerned and taking care of them. i think they do figure out that the medicine and care helps. they know you love them and they love you too.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 25, 2023, 10:15:18 PM »
Beldarna holy heck!!! Your poor moggie!!!

I hate the cold too, but I hate how long this is taking to finish more. I just want the work over & my home free to be mine again wi no workies who "might come at X time".
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 26, 2023, 12:00:31 AM »
Beth a bit of lol. My sister had a cat that loved to snuggle but when we had no time for it and pushed her away, like while eating breakfast and stuff, she would go and pee right in front of us as well. It got so bad we had to put her down. She was one of the craziest, wittiest and funnies cats ever. I felt so bad for her.
I hope you're right aboout the other part. Thanks. :hug:

PWB I hope they get it all done before christmas at least! Do they have it within the time frame?

I am getting a Galaxy Watch for christmas. So I've been looking for wristbands in leather as I'm allergic to the silicon/plastic/whatever that comes with it. I found one on Swedish Amazon and tried to order it. For the Black Friday Deal I had to accept getting Prime free for a month. We already have Prime on hubbys account. Okay, so around 4 dollars more without the discount. Still a good price. Tried to order. Suddenly my phone number was invalid. It wasn't if I accepted Prime but was when I declined. Went to the customer service chat, which I have to say was way easier to find on the Swedish Amazon than the American I dealt with a couple of months back. Nice lady in chat asked me a bunch of questions and then said I should download the app and order from there. Sorry, no. I won't install your app on my phone thank you very much. So I talked to John and he made the order on his account and it went through flawlessly.

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 26, 2023, 06:25:34 AM »
that story turned unexpectedly dark, Beldarna! poor kitty :(

my complaint isn't really that trivial but i don't want to start a thread. Thanksgiving went well. it was good to see my half sister after all these years. we were able to do some sight seeing but we had to drive and couldn't really get out anywhere because my mom has given up on walking far.

which brings me to the issue. when i sent to my parent's house yesterday while everyone else was outside my dad told me that yesterday my mom had fallen and hit her head on the wall. there was a huge dent in the drywall from her head! she was walking between the chairs and there are cords from the lamps. which i had expressed a lot of concern about already. he said she isn't supposed to walk there but whatever. i asked him if he thought a cane or walker would help. she has a hard time standing up sometimes and that would help her steady herself and not fall over. he said no but maybe. it should be covered by medicare so cost isn't an issue.

so my dad stayed home and me, my mom, my husband, and sister went for a drive into town. that went well, no bathroom incidents or anything. when we got back i told my mom that dad said she fell and asked her if a cane would help. and she said yes and she could get one sent to the house. so i need to bug them and make sure they do it.

they're usually pretty careful about falls. they have multiple grab bars in the shower and tub areas. but it's just really concerning.

my mom is really sensitive and cries easily. she's always been sensitive but now that she's older she cries even more easily. so sometimes i'm nervous to bring stuff up with her.

I'm glad they moved close to us when they did. i don't think they could do it now. it's only been a year and i feel like she's declined a lot. she's really frail too. she seems mostly ok cognitively but she speaks so softly now it's hard to hear her sometimes. my dad is almost 10 years older and he's in much better shape. i think i need to start going with her to the doctor's to make sure she tells them what's actually going on. i asked my dad if she talked to the doctor about being so much more emotional and he said no. my parents are from that generation that really didn't account for mental health being important but it is and if she has these personality changes the doctor needs to know. my work is aware that i sometimes need to help my parents and a lot of my co-workers are dealing with similar issues with their own parents so it should be ok as long as it's not too frequent.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1226 on: November 27, 2023, 02:23:03 PM »
that story turned unexpectedly dark, Beldarna! poor kitty :(

I'll say :( Was this a long time ago? I hate to think that a cat who could have been loved by someone else was euthanized.

Beth, I'm so sorry. I remember when my dad started having falls. It was after his stroke, which he had on top of a ladder in the yard, and fell off unconscious. It was a neighbor that saw him fall and called 911 and told us he was in the yard. After that, he had a lot of falls and it took him a long time to accept help. My mom had fallen a few times too, usually in the bathroom and because she was heavy we had to call the fire department.

Elderly parents are so stressful. I think you should go with her to the doctor. My mom was the same way and my dad would never admit anything himself.

My complaint is Microsoft telling me my password is going to expire. It came up as a notification. Which password? The one for my PC or the one for Microsoft? I never had this happen before but after some Googling I guess I didn't uncheck a box that said 'change my password every 72 days' when Windows was reinstalled. It's a big PITA because I'm not sure what my Microsoft password is and I'm sick of coming up with complicated ones that I can never remember.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 28, 2023, 10:04:04 AM »
thanks BC. it's good to have a place to talk about things. i really feel like i'm not at all prepared for what the next few years will be like. my dad did order a cane so she'll have that this weekend.

my complaint today is i'm already super stressed at work. i feel like things are getting out of control and i want to cry.

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 29, 2023, 02:49:52 AM »
Beth, reading what I wrote I hope you did not think my story was the bit of lol. I loled at your cat peeing while staring at you. It's such a typical cat thing to do. Yes it is a dark story, poor Joker :(.

BC this was back in the 90's. We lived in a rural small town and somehow my family was the one people dumped their no longer loved pets with. At one point we had four cats, three bunnies and a purebread German Shepherd in our home. We had not bought any of them. We just took them in when none else wanted them. Jokers history was sad :cry:. We tried for a long time. But when you sit at the kitchen table and eat breakfast and the cat jump up and you put her down on the floor again for no cats on the table while there's food there and she gets pissed and go and pee in the corner.. or when you're doing homework and she tries to grab your pen and you try to distract her with something else and she sits and pee because she really wanted that pen. Or you read a book and she comes and lay straight accross it and you gently show her to the side and she gets up and pee on the floor right infront of you. Our entire house stank of cat pee. In the end mom wouldn't cope with it anymore -_-.

The Diamond Paintings I ordered from Amazon arrived. Somehow I ordered two of each. I don't get it. But with the troubble I had ordering stuff I don't feel like sending one of each back.

Both Ninja and Simba has diarreah. Ninja is not to eat any medication at all now by order of the vet. I ordered some probiotics online for them per his suggestion. The entire city was out. I choose Early Bird as courier as they were the fastest with only three day delivery time and deliver it home. However, no where was there a feild to fill in our code to unlock the door. Are they just gonna dump the package in the snow? :blink:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1229 on: November 29, 2023, 06:02:29 AM »
Beldarna, okay that makes me feel better. I did things with my animals in the 90s that I wouldn't do today too. Like I had my first cat declawed and my dwarf hamsters were kept in a 10 gallon tank. We've learned so much more now.

Just in general, not toward you, I don't think cats are capable of being vengeful. Most things can be linked to an emotional or physical problem and a cat behaviorist would be who to go to to find out. I watch a lot of Jackson Galaxy and he says cats don't engage in things like spite or revenge, even if it seems like it to us. You see a cat who pees when not given attention but it was more likely abandonment issues or fear that caused the pee response. Or maybe you've been gone for a few days and you get home and your cat hides from you. You think they're mad at you for leaving but cats usually hide by themselves to feel safe and comfort themselves, so they aren't mad, they are scared you'll leave again and are dealing with it the best way they can. It's like how cats in pain will purr. Purring has a healing and comforting effect.

Okay, sorry, I'm off my soapbox :P

My complaint is my cat, actually. It's very cold here and I have a heated cat bed, but Aster is afraid of blankets and cat beds. I can't figure out how to show her the bed is safe and warm. It's making me sad, because she keeps curling in a ball and fluffing up to keep warm on the floor. I wish I could just tell her :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal