collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93755 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1095 on: October 30, 2023, 02:09:44 AM »
Today I woke up caughing
Spoiler
up green phlegm blobs the size of meatballs from my lungs. It tastes horrible. I guess going to the movies yesterday wasn't such a good idea. Overall I feel fine. Stuffed nose and coughing but that's it.. except I got chafes under my nose now for viping all of the snot.

Some kids were vaping in the bus on our way home from the theatre yesterday. The busdriver either didn't see or didn't care. It was a long bus and this was in the back half of it. Another passanger spoke up against them, which is super rare! We don't do that! He had heard me cough and said I was allergic and they did stop, only to begin again when he went off. Luckily it was only one stop before ours.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1096 on: October 30, 2023, 06:54:34 AM »
Thanks Ponyfan :hug: Sorry you had such a hard time with your nails.

I'm sorry you're so sick, Beldarna. I hope you start to improve soon!

Today I woke up in a lot of pain from my back. Usually only my lower back hurts but today it's my upper back too into my shoulders. It was hard getting out of bed. I'm also short on breath this morning and my eyes are gunky and all red. It could be allergies still. I need to change my pillowcase.

We have a boil water notice because of a sewage leak :X I didn't know about it until yesterday but I already bought some bottled water. I'll get another case because I drink so much, but I hate having to throw the bottles away and the complex doesn't have a recycler. I like to think all the recycling and everything I've done since I was a kid is enough to offset my having to throw cardboard and plastic away now. It still makes me feel guilty. If I could drive and had a car i would take everything to the dump myself (they have recycling there).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 30, 2023, 08:46:36 AM »
I have been looking around the country for jobs similar to mine to get a pay range that I should expect and I am being grossly underpaid.  To the point where I'm looking at moving several states away just to have decent pay and better winter climate.  I realized on the way to work this morning that only 2 people on staff don't qualify for Section 8 housing. Of those of us that work full time, all of us have our degrees.  I think only three of us don't have a Master's, but 5 of our jobs don't require that high of a degree.  Two of us have jobs that don't require anything beyond high school.  We are grossly overqualified and they keep expecting us to do more and more without compensation.  And they're going to hire new people at a rate equivalent to or higher than what we're currently making.  These are jobs that require a high school deploma or GED, not even an Associate's Degree.  Do I need to apply for a lower level position here just to get paid more?

Why is the staff unhappy?  They just can't figure it out...:shrug:

But then, if I lived in a place that valued intelligence, I don't think we'd have this problem.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 09:10:22 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 31, 2023, 02:49:02 AM »
Yesterday afternoon we had to rush Ninja to the emergency vet. I was a bit unsure if I overreacted about him, because he acted odd, but not as odd as he usually do when he gets a stop in his urethra but it turned out he had a ton of tiny crystals in his bladder. The vet kept him for a long time flushing him. She did not manage to get it all, but filled him up with fluid both in his bladder and his neck so hopefully he will manage to pee out the rest, with the help of painmeds. If not, we have to take him to another facility where they can keep him an entire day with IV-fluids and catheter. I am so glad I acted about my gut feeling. He is doing so much better now but is still not himself. I'm watching him like a hawk.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 31, 2023, 03:37:22 AM »
I tested positive for COVID-19  :mad: Yesterday I woke up with what I thought was sinusitis, as my ears, face and roof of my mouth were ITCHY as hell and I was sneezing but nothing too worrying. However, last night I got INTENSE chills, my fingernails were purple (I have Raynauds) and I put myself in the shower and just cooked myself for 30 minutes on pure hot water. I went to bed and alternated between chills and sweating like mad. Did a COVID-19 test but my tests were no good, did a 'flu test and that came up negative. My neighbour brought me a COVID-19 test from the chemist and I turned up positive.

I'm scared work will hurt me for it as I've had too many sick days off in the year, but hoping I can use some credits to do away with that and going to work from home tomorrow. I felt like utter garbage last night and I don't want to infect people at work, especially those who are immunocompromised.

My pets are excited though, they know I'm supposed to be at work lol

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1100 on: October 31, 2023, 06:35:35 AM »
Poor Ninja! I'm so glad you had the feeling something was wrong. Give him extra pets from me.

I'm so sorry you got Covid, Lady Frostbite :( That really sucks.

More of the same complaints from me this morning. Back is in agony, eyes are gunky, head is aching.

I bought a case of Monster Java. It was expensive but I thought I'd treat myself. Well, they are small cans. I didn't read the description. I would have been better off buying 5 of the bigger cans for the same price.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1101 on: October 31, 2023, 03:38:32 PM »
Trucks and SUVs are too tall!! why do people need a vehicle that blocks out the stinking sun!!! ugh!!

sorry i'm just angry right now.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 31, 2023, 04:17:27 PM »
Poor Ninja! I'm so glad you had the feeling something was wrong. Give him extra pets from me.

I'm so sorry you got Covid, Lady Frostbite :( That really sucks.

More of the same complaints from me this morning. Back is in agony, eyes are gunky, head is aching.

I bought a case of Monster Java. It was expensive but I thought I'd treat myself. Well, they are small cans. I didn't read the description. I would have been better off buying 5 of the bigger cans for the same price.

Thank you, it's only the second time and it's a cruel irony I chickened out of my booster on Saturday and by Monday I had the beginnings of it >8C It's very annoying, I want to do stuff but my head s gunky and the chills/fever are so horrible. I'm working from home tomorrow as I can't afford sick days.

Where did you buy the Monster from? It's a pain to buy certain things off Amazon because you never know if the product they're showing is the REAL version you're getting or it's actually a different size and they're using the other picture as a stock image. I have this problem with a certain crisp brand, and sometimes when ordering stuff from family and I go through the descriptions with a fine toothed comb as I'm sure as heck not paying too much for smaller size than I wanted! C'mon sellers, it isn't hard to google the right product image and LIST what size it is on the listings!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 31, 2023, 05:30:07 PM »
i hope you feel better soon, Lady Frostbite. The booster probably wouldn't have helped since you were already infected. you'll be able to get it once the natural immunity wears off.

that happens to me sometimes on Amazon too. it's hard to even know if the description is accurate if i do find it. all of the misspellings and weird edited photos on some products don't exactly fill me with confidence.

I tried explaining Trick-or-Treating to my dog and she still doesn't get it. so she's barking and running back and forth through the house instead. I think she thinks it's some kind of game. at least this year people are going door to door. there were some adorable costumes.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 31, 2023, 06:33:18 PM »
To all the ill humans, & cats, hope you recover soon xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 01, 2023, 04:01:23 AM »
Ninja is enjoying the extra pets, BC. He is so spoiled right now. He was sleeping on my computer chair and instead of lifting him off, I brought a kitchen chair instead, lol. He is doing very well :). When we caught him going on the litter box yesterday we cheered out loud. And the vet was super nice. First a nurse from the clinic called and two hours later the vet called. I've not experienced that before, but he is a charmer and they did fancy him.

I called out sick today. My cough is getting worse and I had an early shift and half way through it I realised it was a bad idea pushing it. I'm in line to chat with a health care worker right now, hopefully to get some prescription cough medicine. Over the counter stuff doesn't really work.

I hope the rest of you gets well soon!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1106 on: November 01, 2023, 08:24:10 AM »
Lady Frostbite, I bought it from Walmart.com and had it delivered. It wasn't their fault. I didn't read the description. I've done that before with canned goods and ended up with small cans of olives or baked beans.

Lovely to hear about Ninja! I'm glad he's on the mend :)

Amazon replaced my stolen package. It should arrive today. As long as the driver brings it all the way up my stairs things should be fine. Usually Amazon drivers are good about that, this is the first time I got a lazy one. FedEX on the other hand always leaves things at the bottom of my stairs. I've had to call and complain.

I slept for 13 hours again. I'm very groggy. Back still hurts a bunch.

edit, later: There's an airshow this weekend and the jets are practicing. They are flying very low and fast and it's incredibly loud. Aster is scared and I'm very annoyed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 11:15:41 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 01, 2023, 02:41:55 PM »
I posted a long thing in WYP, so I won't go in to everything that I said about that here.

:hug: to everyone that's not feeling well.

I'm not getting "What's on DisneyPlus" emails.  I got them for a long time and a little over a month ago, they stopped. As far as I know I didn't unsubscribe from them. I even tried logging on to Disney Plus and didn't find anything about subscribing to emails.  I never watched the things they recommended in the emails though.  The account is in good standing and works fine when watching something.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 01, 2023, 07:11:18 PM »
i'm glad Ninja is doing well :)

Ponyfan, maybe they stopped sending those emails or they're in your spam folder? if you don't open them sometimes your email provider starts sending them to spam.

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 02, 2023, 04:44:49 AM »
Seriosuly! I waited all afternoon yesterday for the nurse in the chat. I was going to get a textmessage when she was availabe. I never got one! They closed at 5:30. A friend I was messaging with had some subscription cough medicine she went over to me with. She saved my night! Today! I got a message that the nurse was ready! I missed it so she closed the ticket! I had no idea it was an open case today as well.. it never said anytning about it.

I've been trying to call my health care center but the automated message just says they're full and to try to call later..

And Ninja is peeing on the floor. I don't know if he leaks because of the tube he had there or if he activly sits and pees on the floor. It's not much and he uses the litterbox as well, I just saw him in it. I emailed the vet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal