collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 82650 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #840 on: August 15, 2023, 03:52:36 PM »
ugh i was so hooked on Red Bull for a part of my 20s. it was my afternoon pick me up. i had to stop drinking it because my heart started beating fast all the time. now if i even smell it i get nauseated. i also drank an excessive about of coffee back then too. i'm glad you hated it :) it's pretty awful for you.

my complaint today is related to my complaint from yesterday. today i realized i was so stressed out yesterday from work that i forgot to take my medicine. when i went to take it today i saw the pill that i was supposed to take yesterday in the case. no wonder i feel awful.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 15, 2023, 07:13:17 PM »
I've never had Red Bull or 5 Hour Energy shots.   I've heard negative things about Jolt and Monster drinks too.

One of the drs I go basically runs the practice in theory, but when you go in, you usually don't see him, but one of the Physician's Assistants.  The last few times I've gone I got the same PA, but today I got the new nurse practitioner.  I liked her, but I missed seeing the PA I've been seeing and I had to keep saying "Dr A put me on that when I saw her."

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #842 on: August 16, 2023, 01:30:19 PM »
I'm so angry right now that I don't even have the energy to rant about it.

Today I heard a rumour that the Council - who fund our bus - are planning on removing it and replacing it with something inferior.

I rely on this bus - it's my whole independence - and it's already pretty limited. Nine buses a day in each direction. But a change of bus could also lose me my job.

The irony being that the guy who decides the buses is married to my boss.

Though she's currently on maternity leave, so I can't even speak to her.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 17, 2023, 06:24:23 AM »
Taffeta, I hope you don't lose bus service.  That would be terrible. :(

When I saw the nurse practitioner the other day, I asked for a refill on my allergy pill.  I asked for a paper prescription to take to the pharmacy with me.  First, she told me she didn't have prescription pads yet and then when she tried to print it out for she said that didn't work either.  She told me the prescription had already been sent electronically to the pharmacy.   I'm still waiting for the prescription to be ready.  I have a feeling that the pharmacy didn't get it.  It's happened before with the drs office.  The office says they sent the prescription, but the pharmacy says they never got it.  I'll check on it in a few days though and see if the pharmacy got it.

Edit:  I found out what happened to the prescription.  The pharmacy did get it. but the insurance won't let them fill it because you can buy Zyrtec over the counter.

Also the diamond painting group I joined on Facebook made a rule that everyone in the group has to be at least 18 or older.  I questioned the wording of the post because it wasn't clear to me whether the admins were wanting just a confirmation of being 18 or over or actual age.  I had 2 admins respond, but both of them contradicted each other.

I bought a couple of books today and now I feel guilty for doing so. :(

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 03:10:18 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #844 on: August 17, 2023, 03:43:40 PM »
Oh man, that sucks Ponyfan about your prescription. The same thing happened to me with my omeprazole. Insurance did cover it at first, but then they said it was only a temporary medication and it was sold OTC so they weren't going to refill it for me. It extra sucked because I didn't have to pay for the script and omeprazole is about $16 for three 14-day bottles. I've taken it everyday for years.

I had to call maintenance today so they could trim the tree next to my stairs, it had branches hanging over that are right in your face. My light also went out on my balcony. There are two lights. One next to the door and one halfway down the stairs. Well, they did a great job trimming the tree and changed the bulb in the staircase light but not the light by my door, which is the one I'm more concerned about.

I'm still finding ants everywhere. They haven't been in Aster's food for a few days so I think I blocked off their way in from the laundry closet, but there was a couple on my nightstand, the kitchen counter and my desk today. Just a couple here and there, but I know if you find one there are others nearby. I forgot to order those ant traps.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 17, 2023, 07:17:11 PM »
My brother managed to spill a huge glass of apple juice all over the coffee table last night and didn't do a good job cleaning it up.  I had my new teacher planner and some other new supplies on the table and a bunch of stuff got all sticky and gross  >_<  And every time I think I've got it all cleaned up, I find something else sticky  -_-

It's not a huge deal since nothing actually got ruined or anything, but it's still annoying since all the supplies are brand new and I've been excited about them.  Plus, he should have done a better job cleaning up the juice yesterday.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #846 on: August 18, 2023, 11:53:26 PM »
I dislike any kind of energy drinks.. I don't like the taste, but my husband is addicted and drinks several cans a day. If I need a boost I take a coffein pill or drink Vitamine Well, Wake up. It's just flavoured water with extra vitamines, Wake up has coffein. No sugar or other stuff added.

Our migration office has decided to deny asylum and send back a young gay man who is a regime critiqe to Russia, where hbtq is very discriminated against and critics are sent to jail, and some even forced to serve in the frontline in the war against Ukraine. According to the office his reasons for staying are not distressing enough and he hasn't proved he is really gay. Apparently being married to another man is not proof enough. I am so mad. Not much I can do except sign the petition to let him stay. :huh:
Our migration office often do this unfortunaly. People who establish themselves here, get a job and family and friends and contribute are sent away to war, jail and torture while criminals are allowed to stay as they risk facing war, jail and torture if they are sent away. Our foreign ministry even ask us not to travel to Russia because of how they treat people, but sending a gay regime critiqe is okay! :enraged:

The mouse to my laptop is acting up. It locks itself and I have to shake it awake. I need to buy a new one.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 19, 2023, 09:47:22 AM »
For the second Friday in a row, my mom got sick. I'm not mad at her for getting sick, but what makes me annoyed is the way my dad acts when it happens.  We were in the middle of playing a board game when it happened.  When my mom returned to the game the first time I said we should stop the game right then.  My mom refused and a few minutes later got sicker.  When it became clear that my mom wasn't going to be able to finish the game, I said we should put it away.  I asked my dad if we should do that and he said he  "didn't know."   He finally decided to put the game away, but left all of the pieces on it as they were in case we finish the game later.   

Right before that he had also yelled at my elderly dog for having an accident.  I've told my parents several times that if the dog wakes up she need to go outside immediately, or else accidents occur.  99% of the time, I'm the one that has to make sure she goes out.   My dad woke her up last night but couldn't be bothered to stop what he was doing and take her outside. 

I'm so tired today. :zzz:  I feel like I'm barely awake even though I've had 2 caffeinated drinks already today.

@BC, the generic Zyrtec was cheaper too.  It was $15 for 90 days vs $30 or $40 for 60 days of the name brand.  I was also on the generic Flonase, and I bet the insurance won't pay for that either next time.

Our migration office has decided to deny asylum and send back a young gay man who is a regime critiqe to Russia, where hbtq is very discriminated against and critics are sent to jail, and some even forced to serve in the frontline in the war against Ukraine. According to the office his reasons for staying are not distressing enough and he hasn't proved he is really gay. Apparently being married to another man is not proof enough. I am so mad. Not much I can do except sign the petition to let him stay. :huh:
Our migration office often do this unfortunaly. People who establish themselves here, get a job and family and friends and contribute are sent away to war, jail and torture while criminals are allowed to stay as they risk facing war, jail and torture if they are sent away. Our foreign ministry even ask us not to travel to Russia because of how they treat people, but sending a gay regime critiqe is okay! :enraged:

Reading this makes me sad for that young man. :(

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #848 on: August 19, 2023, 10:17:10 AM »
Beldarna, that is so upsetting! Does everyone else have to prove they're straight?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #849 on: August 19, 2023, 11:25:44 AM »
Beldarna, it sounds like they decided to sent him back and are trying to come up with some BS excuse for sending him back. i'm guessing for the government there's no acceptable proof of being gay. asylum laws exist to protect people from regimes that will murder them.

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 19, 2023, 01:01:12 PM »
On the sharky server I know a bloke who lives in Russia, so I have a fair idea from what he tells us how bad things are there. So Beldarna, I'm with you all the way; no WAY anybody should be sent back there if they're so blatantly gay they're in a gay marriage fhs!!!

My complaint: EVERY TIME I take a long walk, it ends with me having sore feet & sore leggies!!! I hate being older...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #851 on: August 19, 2023, 01:29:20 PM »
I was an idiot just now. I got concentrated coffee to put in my water. I was adding some to a fresh bottle and wasn't paying attention to/didn't realize the water level was rising as I poured it in. It overflowed all over my leg >_<

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #852 on: August 19, 2023, 01:53:09 PM »
Don't even get me started on the UK's migration policy. I mean, if it's not the Rwanda plan it's the barge plan. IF people are coming here, they're coming for a reason. How about engaging with them, finding out what can be done to help them, and if staying here isn't right, helping them find something else safe and appropriate?

I don't really understand the superiority complex. It makes me feel like if we ever need to ask another country for help, we're probably screwed.

I still don't know what's going on with the buses. It's stressful not knowing what I can do or whether I'll still have transport links. At least the people on the bus are pretty much in the know now, and hopefully some of them will also contact local councillors and stuff. Hoping the bus guy will come back from leave to an inbox full of angry emails...

Our bus home from town had 17 people on it this afternoon. Our bus does run a stretch of what's known as a commercial corridor, ie a stretch that commercial (not council funded, like ours) buses run, and where technically our service doesn't count. It's complicated. But not one of those 17 people got off in that corridor. All of them were legit passengers needing our route to get home.

In contrast, the survey that all of their current bus policy is based on apparently had only 253 respondents. It was only carried out online, and only lasted 3 weeks. It was also mid-pandemic. A lot of these things breach general guidelines for consultation, which has become really obvious since the flap about the ticket office closures here (they want to close them, it's a mess). 253 people is nothing, though. Our council deal with a population over the borough of 185,000 people, as per the last census.

But they legit introduced 5 - possibly 6 - new buses based on the views of 253 people, most of whom apparently come from one town because suspiciously a whole lot of people wanted one specific bus to be brought back. It only ran in that one town, most people in the borough probably don't know about it (I only do because of being involved in bus groups back when).

Sigh.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 19, 2023, 02:55:34 PM »
Had a headache all night last night. Thankfully it wasn't a terrible one, but it did eat up a little bit of my sleep time. I'm sick of these night headaches.

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #854 on: August 20, 2023, 11:49:15 AM »
I'm so weak :( I was sitting down last night moving boxes around, and today I'm sore. Been sitting with the heating pad all day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal