collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - goddessofpeep!  (Read 1537 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - goddessofpeep!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2023, 03:14:14 PM »
A few quick collection display pics(sorry they’re wonky). I need to dig out the ponywear bin to get the Indian ponywear, and I hope to get those up soon.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2023, 04:12:10 PM »
Wow… that’s an amazing collection.  Thank you for posting it.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2023, 11:43:42 PM »
The G2 babies having all their costumes is my favorite part :inlove:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2023, 01:01:12 PM »
A friend of mine went on a 2 month European trip(she saved for years). She was all over the place, and she kept emailing me “I found ponies!”

She hit a lot of the Nirvana locations, and kept telling me she was finding ponies. Visions of Greek babies, Mountain Boys, and Spanish piggy ponies danced in my mind. I finally got the box - all G2s(and one extremely ratty Greek Minty).

Now, at the time, I wasn’t into G2s at all.  But a gift pony is a gift pony and is to be cherished no matter what, and the box contained the full first wave of G2 babies with their little outfits. That was it man. I was hooked. 

When I went to Paris a year later, I found the Paris TRU(and other toy stores), and I went NUTS.  I’d leave in the morning, and come back to the hotel at night, carrying huge, huge sacks of G2s.  The front desk people all laughed at me, and there was more than one snickering French conversation in the lobby or elevators while I was staying there.  I’d spend the night opening them because I needed to condense them to a more reasonable form to get them home.

Those G2 babies are a gateway drug to G2s.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2023, 01:48:53 PM »
Unbelievably amazing collection!  :whoa: :frolic: Thanks for the photos!

If I may ask about this picture, where and when were such mini-buildings made? At least I recognized Paradise Estate there! :wow: There are also mini ponies next to the mini buildings, can you tell us something about them? Are they custom?

And who is that pink pony with green hair? It looks like it belongs to the Dance 'n Prance Ponies series, but what country is it made in?

:zzz:

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2023, 06:12:13 PM »
The Dance ‘n Prance pony is one of the Argentina DnP ponies.

There are two kinds of mini ponies.  The more involved ones(they have actual brushable hair made from embroidery thread) are hand made by someone who used to be on the Arena, but I’m not sure of she’s still here, or if she’s still making them.  The Rapunzel in my avatar is one of these.   

The smaller ponies and the mini UK dragons(those microscopic dots in front of the actual dragons) are 3D printed/hand painted, and from the same person who makes the playsets, which are also 3D printed/hand painted. They were on Etsy, but I don’t think they’re still selling the playsets on Etsy. I’m a member of their Patreon, and that’s where a lot of their playsets are from. I think these days you have to be a member of their Patreon to purchase any of their mini pony items.

Some of the mini playsets are from unreleased playsets like the Flutter playset or the Petite pony wedding playset.  Some of the playsets are the alternative versions(Megan’s Place, UK Waterfall, etc). Some are just themed for holidays or just for fun.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2023, 01:18:58 PM »
My jaw is dropping in awe at your treasure trove!!! THE FLOATS!! THE SLIDE!!! THE MINIS!!! The GREEK UNIQUE BABIES!!! And so many other treasures!!! i can't wait for the Indian Ponywear pics!!! :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :whoa: :enthralled: :enthralled: :enthralled: :happy:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2023, 01:32:05 PM »
goddessofpeep, thank you for the answer!  :good: I didn't even know that DnP ponies were also made in Argentina at the time. :wow: Always learning something new.  :biggrin:
:zzz:

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2023, 02:01:42 PM »
There are 3 Argentina DnP ponies.  They come with similar but not quite there accessories.

I dug out the ponywear bin last night, and pulled the Indian ponywear.  Pics will hopefully be up soon. I’m at the ER vet with my rabbit again today, and that’s usually an all day mess to deal with.  Hopefully I’ll be able to take the pics in the next day or two, and get them up soon after.

Post Merge: June 20, 2023, 09:10:39 PM

Yay! The Bun survived today!  So I was able to photograph the Indian ponywear tonight.

Indian Best of the West
The bridle fabric feels like leather and has a dirty silver shine to it. The hat feels like it’s made of eggshells. It’s the absolute most delicate pony item I’ve ever seen.  It makes Flutter pony wings look positively sturdy. I store it in a padded box. I can’t imagine many these surviving long. I have no idea how this one managed to.

Indian Parade Pizzaz
The saddle has very Indian fabric and accents.

Indian Pony Royal
The fabric on this one is silk-like, including the “fur” parts.  Most Indian fabrics are this silky texture with very saturated colors.

Indian Tea Time #1
The fabric and accents on this one is 100% Indian.

Indian Tea Time #2
Another incredibly Indian fabric and lace.

These are just the Indian outfits. I have all sorts of Nivana ponywear including Greek, Argentina, Brazilian, Peruvian, Japanese, and even Spanish Piggy outfits.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 09:10:42 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2023, 01:03:11 AM »
I'm drooling, especially over those gorgeous Tea Time cloaks!!! They look fit for Princess Ponies to wear!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2023, 06:44:31 AM »
Those are so interesting!

I'm glad your bun is okay :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2023, 11:17:53 AM »
Incredible! I have no idea how you found those but I'm so glad you did.  They deserve to be preserved.

I'm also glad your bunny is ok and I hope continues to be.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 11:20:14 AM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2023, 09:29:04 PM »
I got the striped Tea Time from Bridget’s Mum(founder of the Arena). The other four outfits came from a single collector. I think I remember her telling me that a friend of hers either lived in India, or was visiting, and they found a small cache of Indian ponies and accessories in some random store somewhere. I think it was old store stock or something. 

Thanks for all the well wishes for The Bun!  Her name is Fizzgig after a character in the Dark Crystal. She’s…very sick. She has multiple chronic issues from GI issues to a heart condition, and she keeps crashing randomly.  She’s been in and out of the ER vet constantly since February.  She was hospitalized 3 separate times for a total of 9 days during February and March.  This last visit was rough one, but she survived!  Poor little thing:(

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2023, 06:36:35 PM »
I got the striped Tea Time from Bridget’s Mum(founder of the Arena). The other four outfits came from a single collector. I think I remember her telling me that a friend of hers either lived in India, or was visiting, and they found a small cache of Indian ponies and accessories in some random store somewhere. I think it was old store stock or something. 

Thanks for all the well wishes for The Bun!  Her name is Fizzgig after a character in the Dark Crystal. She’s…very sick. She has multiple chronic issues from GI issues to a heart condition, and she keeps crashing randomly.  She’s been in and out of the ER vet constantly since February.  She was hospitalized 3 separate times for a total of 9 days during February and March.  This last visit was rough one, but she survived!  Poor little thing:(
Sounds like a tough bunny xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal