collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 33979 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »
You know what's worst than being broke? Being broke then when you finally get some money, you make an impulse buy on something else. XD

I found these at the Dollar Tree today and thought they were pretty neat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MH Fakie Puzzles!

Amg! I actually love these! Must get! There's almost certainly a bewildering variety of dollar stores in the metroplex, I will just have to find a Tree version. XD (My boyfriend is going to love that, after I passed on an official MH puzzle he showed me at TRU the other day. It waaas mainly due to cost though, and I assume these are cheaper, ehehe.)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 02:45:42 AM »
You know what's worst than being broke? Being broke then when you finally get some money, you make an impulse buy on something else. XD

I found these at the Dollar Tree today and thought they were pretty neat.

MH Fakie Puzzles!

I saw those at my dollar store, too.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 04:03:19 AM »
I think i will colour my Hapry because I liked the way she turned out XD

Post Merge: June 29, 2012, 04:15:10 AM

I also got my reply from Swedish Toys R Us. I asked if they would get new dolls of the that were sold out. I also asked when they will get the new releases and if they will get the TRU exclusives (like werecat twins).

Well the reply was no surprise yet still a bummer. They said that I could send the number od the doll so they can check if she will get updated. Also they said that new releases take some time to come to Sweden (Like I know, I asked if they knew when). They also said that they have no information that they will get the TRU exclusives
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:15:10 AM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:59 AM »
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12728988
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12728982

.....there is no amount to measure my whining right now (RARITY LEVEL!). Money goes in from PayPal.... have no food in the house. Being a responsible adult sucks...

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 04:53:44 AM »
Was it Catlein in the last thread that asked if anybody knows what the RM two-pack with Abbey/Ghoulia is retailing for? I so need that Abbey (and since I've gotten my mom into MH now she wants to keep the double Ghoulia for herself! :lol:) Gonna have to bother you lovely Americans to pick up an extra for me when (if) they ever start to be plentiful  ^.^

Yep, I was lurking Tumblr and saw that they had been found in New York. I'm also going to rely on the wonderfulness of our American friends to nab me a set if possible. Abbey is adorable with short hair!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »

.....there is no amount to measure my whining right now (RARITY LEVEL!). Money goes in from PayPal.... have no food in the house. Being a responsible adult sucks...

Oh crap. Really? Right now? I have no money!!

I'm begging husband right now to let me get them haha kind of weird that they don't have pictures of them up on the website when they have them for sale.. I wonder why that is
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 05:11:24 AM »

Oh crap. Really? Right now? I have no money!!

I'm begging husband right now to let me get them haha kind of weird that they don't have pictures of them up on the website when they have them for sale.. I wonder why that is
I wondered that myself. The Draculaura Powder Room/Ghoulia's Scooters with the dolls still don't have images either... honestly a lot of stuff on the MH section doesn't have pics. I guess they just assume if they don't have the stock images... people will still buy it because it's MH?

It also doesn't help that my fiance said that I could get it (or something for him, lmao), but no food. My tummy is doing the whole ".....I am going to make you puke if you even consider that, I am starving" thing it often does. So the tummy wins.. again XD
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:12:56 AM by Icicle »

Offline PonySeeker128

• View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »
Haha oh sacrafices.. I texted my husband the dolls I want the most right now are in stock online, he asked how much they were, I told him.. he hasn't responded back! Haha he is at work though so maybe he will still let me buy them, hopefully before they're gone

I noticed that the other ones don't have images as well after I said that. The description for them is right so I would hope you'd get the right thing if you ordered them.
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 05:26:34 AM »
My Lagoona and Rochelle have arrived! 8) I have a couple of questions about them!
1) There's bits of those little plasticy things that they use to attach the doll to the box on their heads, they're quite sharp, is there any way to remove them?
2) Rochelle's bangs are ROCK HARD. Can I get rid of the hair gel stuff?
3) Is it ok the wash their hair? It's not dirty or anything, I'd just like to tame Lagoona's hair a little, and perhaps get rid of the stuff in Rochelle's bangs.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »
1) There's bits of those little plasticy things that they use to attach the doll to the box on their heads, they're quite sharp, is there any way to remove them?
You have two options. You can try to pull them out with pliers or something, or you can just push them all the way into the head so they don't stick out anymore. They would've been those T-pronged things, but it sounds like the seller cut off the T parts and just left you with the sticks.

2) Rochelle's bangs are ROCK HARD. Can I get rid of the hair gel stuff?
Absolutely. Just brushing it might help loosen it up a little, or you can wash it.

3) Is it ok the wash their hair? It's not dirty or anything, I'd just like to tame Lagoona's hair a little, and perhaps get rid of the stuff in Rochelle's bangs.
Yep! You can wash their hair with shampoo and conditioner if you want. Or you can dip it in boiled water, which works great for straightening the hair.

Just keep in mind that some people have reported that the heat from the boiled water has set off the glue seepage problem (although it also seems to be able to start on its own, so boiled water is not the only catalyst, nor will it always do that either ... it all depends on whether the glue has been properly cured or not).

In other news, I'm excited that the deluxe fashion sets are now on the TRU website. Since Mattel is sending me a Roller Maze Frankie for free to replace my broken wave 2 Frankie, I'm going to see if I can get my mom to use the extra from the voucher that Mattel is also sending me on one of them in addition to the Powder Room Lala set. Would prefer the Abbey since I haven't got her yet, but I also really want all those clothes and shoes and stuff that inverted skunk Frankie comes with!

Offline Matcha

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:11 AM »
I washed their hair in cold water and conditioner. Lagoona's looking great, and Rochelle's bangs and nice and soft now! Thanks, Pukunui! I'm waiting for their hair to dry so I can have some fun with them xD It's really dark now, so I'll snap a few pics of them tomorrow!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 06:14:02 AM »
Eeeee, went to Wal-Mart yesterday and they had some of the Wave 2s out! Now to just wait until they bring out Spectra... >83
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 06:19:16 AM »
Hey, who was the one who sculpted the hair on the Gargoyle boy? How did you cure it? Or was it an apoxie type sculpt?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline PonySeeker128

• View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
Hey, who was the one who sculpted the hair on the Gargoyle boy? How did you cure it? Or was it an apoxie type sculpt?
I believe that was NoDivision and it looks like apoxie sculpt to me
Wishlist (MH)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 06:44:39 AM »

Yay! Good thing I'm up early!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal