collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20242 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2018, 02:31:40 PM »
Household goal achieved:  I went and bought enough toilet paper for the household for the rest of the YEAR!  As well as the downstairs tenant's supply too!  :D

Your tenant doesn't buy their own toilet paper?  :shocked:  That just seems so weird to me.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »
Household goal achieved:  I went and bought enough toilet paper for the household for the rest of the YEAR!  As well as the downstairs tenant's supply too!  :D

Your tenant doesn't buy their own toilet paper?  :shocked:  That just seems so weird to me.

Well he asked if he could repay me when I went and stocked up at Walmart, because he doesn't have a car and is otherwise trying to lug a 4-pack home on the bus.  :)  So it's a small favor.  But wow oh wow did I get funny looks driving a cart through WM with only cases of TP stuffed in it! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2018, 05:02:51 AM »
I will not go into detail as it would be very long and more of what's your problem post...so I shall say this.

My whole life I have never had support. I dud pageants and music, but every show I was alone. No family or friends cheering me...it was all me. I went into music to help Simone like me feel they were not alone. I have a student who is singing professionally in Nashville, TN. I have a student who figured out how to make a decent living playing Tuba, I have a student who is now a theater photographer and just graduated last year!!! I did this. I have the talent to teach, and I might have only 4 students but I will have more. If I move with my husband's job I will still teach. I am good at what I do and I will continue on this path because it's my passion, my dream, and my path.

Sorry hubby thinks I should just sell insurance because we might move around so much and that is hard on teaching, and really it's a dying art...yup not going to do that:)

Won't be the first to go it alone, and it won't be the last:D
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2018, 05:53:03 AM »
Good on you, Crowning Glory! :thumb:

---

The sun has been out for a decent length of time today, so I went for a nice walk around town and listened to a lot of music to lift my mood. Didn't make it into the countryside but there are random patches of town where it'll be suburbs on one side of the road and farms on the other, so it kind of counts.
Didn't get much sleep last night due to stress, partly down to Beginner's Paranoia with the violin. It's a cheapie electric and terrible with it, really wishing I'd ignored my dad's well-meaning-but-ultimately-awful advice and just spent a bit more on a halfway decent one. I'm having to play it without the pickup activated because the volume is either nonexistent or deafening; it's immensely annoying and pretty counterproductive. On the plus side, I seem to be deftly avoiding any scratching noises. Still, I'll just have to soldier on and dream of the day in the distant future when I can upgrade to something good... kind of debating whether I should stick with the electric kind or eventually ditch it in favour of an acoustic, but it'll be a few years until I can justifiably make that decision anyway.
Guitar practice has been successful but I've been at that long enough to be comfortable with it and how to get the best out of it, as well as a clear idea of my aims, music-wise (folk or bust!)
Best of luck for the weekend, everyone!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2018, 08:07:05 AM »
Many music stores can to trade ins and payment plans. Many of them just have a monthly fee, and if you want to change the instrument you can. i used to work in many different stores andthey all did yhe same thing:) its a nice option.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2018, 12:20:19 PM »
Many music stores can to trade ins and payment plans. Many of them just have a monthly fee, and if you want to change the instrument you can. i used to work in many different stores andthey all did yhe same thing:) its a nice option.

Thanks for the suggestion, that's a great idea! There's only one music shop in my area and that one isn't great, but I'm going to have a look round and try some different violins whenever I go out of town. The right one will be out there somewhere! :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »

Well he asked if he could repay me when I went and stocked up at Walmart, because he doesn't have a car and is otherwise trying to lug a 4-pack home on the bus.  :)  So it's a small favor.  But wow oh wow did I get funny looks driving a cart through WM with only cases of TP stuffed in it!

That makes more sense.  If it makes you feel better one year for Christmas my brother decided to buy $100 worth of TP as a gift for our youngest brother and since he didn't have a car, I drove him.  The cashier thought it was hilarious.  I wasn't sure we were going to fit it all in my car!  :lol:

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2018, 06:36:14 PM »

I don't know if it's a possibility for you, buy my cello teacher also offers lessons via Skype, for bad weather or vacation or travel situations. It's not as good as in-person, but might make for an attractive option? One week in person, one week Skype could interest people who want lessons, but have travel limitations.

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2018, 07:56:22 AM »
I've been crafting a lot for the next Flimsy Wing Derby picture which is good :) I also practiced Gaelic yesterday and I think I will be able to today.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
Hi everyone, it has been a rough few weeks.  I have lost like 6 pounds, keeping away from the candy.  I have been reading but I have not memorized like I wanted to.  I did make the very first applique part of my first pony quilt block.  Can you guess who she will be?  Shadows in the picture make the pink look bad, but she is solid, clean pink in color not dirty. She looks odd right now because I have not made hair pieces yet or symbol. It was quite painful to cut this out.  So this is it for me for the day. R2 won't let me clean out boxes right now due to my pain levels.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »
ooh, tulagirl, will your pony become Milky Way? Wow - 6 lb is a great loss!!

Spoiler

Today - tummy cramps - hmm I wonder if it is hormonal time or something I ate? Anyway...

the gas folks came + dug up the road + re-attached a new supply pipe to the old house. Scheduled for a house visit on Monday to "purge + flow" and test appliances work  :biggrin: So, that's positive. One less job to worry about!  :biggrin:

Also got a chance to photograph the decent furniture - will ask our local church if they want first-dibs on any of it before I call a hospice charity to collect it, maybe next week. 2 of the cabinets would have made awesome pony display cabinets but I have no space for them...

Estate agents called me - but only to say that they have not had further feedback from the buyer re: his survey etc. They think the survey report is taking a while to write up (?? really ??) anyway, suits me as it means I still have time to clear out more stuff without panic.

Really, what's left is just the piles of pre-boxed stuff stacked against the wall, a couple of vintage drinks cabinet things my Dad wants (will need to load a truck for those) and the remaining huge pile of bulky metals scraps (Dad can use his trailer) Plus some random bits in the kitchen (cutlery drawers need emptying, but that is a half-hour job that can be done whenever). 
Oh, plus a pile of tools in the garage (our strimmer, brush cutter, twig chipper etc.)
Jeez, you think you've done it all and then realise there is more!! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, at least!! Do-able within the next week if the weather is kind, hehe. That's another positive!!  :biggrin:

Did a grocery shop, bought lots of veggies + fruit, but was also naughty and bought a huge bag of crisps (potato chips) that tempted me with its half-price offer; I just scoffed about half of them, oh well...

Otherwise - a lazy day; did a BIN for a flocked Paradise, just waiting for her to arrive in the UK and see what condition she will be in!

Husband is now making an apple cake with our daughter downstairs. I don't know who is going to eat it, though!!  :lol:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2018, 02:15:44 PM »
Is it Moon dancer, Tulagirl?

Glitterball you amaze me. I was happy to report I did dishes and vacuumed, but the feels like pennies to you, hahaha.

Trying to get myself more positive. Just so much unknown in my life it's starting create stomach issues. Planning out my projects so I can make some funding.

I did find 35th anniversary ponies. There was butterscotch, blossom, and cotton candy. Cotton candy just spoke to me so here and soarin went home with me. 9.99 was too get all three, but they are great rewards for me:) so I pure them at 20 points this week. A lot to work on, but I am using my time now to organize:) 

Way to go Tula girl on the 6lbs loss. I really need to get a scale:)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »
I feel so far behind.  :sad: :sad: Between house issues and family tensions I feel so unmotivated right now.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
I've been a bad pony and I feel as if I've been falling behind in my schoolwork, but it's only approaching week 3!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2018, 12:31:07 AM »
Spoiler
tailrustedtealeaf - take advantage of this Sunday and challenge yourself with a 2-hour time slot to catch up on school work - I am sure your family will understand!  :)

Ponyfan - clear your head for 15 minutes - are you able to go for a walk? Even just sitting at home looking at birds through the window? Just something to distract your mind and recharge your batteries? Or run a hot tub and tell everyone that you won't be available for the next half hour + leave you in peace?  :hug:

Crowning Glory - all completed tasks are successes - and oh wow what a great pony haul - I have 35thA Cotton Candy too as my first (and only) choice, due to her being my first ever G1 as a kid! My friend in San Jose found her for me (after searching 3 Targets) and is keeping her safe until there is a UK-US staff visit from work, then she'll fly over the pond to me!!  :P

Still got mild tummy cramps but no sign of hormonal stuff yet; I am never regular in that department so it is always guesswork for me.

Today, I am cooking the family Sunday lunch.

Just before Christmas I loaded my freezer with meat joints etc and now need to eat through them all - today: roast pork, veggies, Yorkshire Puddings (little savoury pancake-batter "cups") gravy + apple sauce. Mum is preparing the roast potatoes. I have a posh tarte tatin (pear tart) and fancy vanilla custard for afters.

So, not too groovy regarding calories but Sunday is my relax day.  :P  :yummy:

Lots planned for tomorrow and the rest of the week at the old house, hopefully my Dad will be there too.

As February arrives, I will expect a call from my old gym to sign-up again with them - I really want to - but want to get the house done as much as I can before then - plus money is a bit tight this month (had to pay out to repair our house after the recent gales) so I might ask them to start in March - we'll see! I know I am a bit out of shape (didn't like my other gym) but boy I am going to be achey when I re-start!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal