collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay transaction, need some advice  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay transaction, need some advice
« on: May 04, 2012, 03:57:07 AM »
I put my very near mint Paradise Estate on ebay to go towards my home purchase.  I have had a few in the past and have sold them in the same manner and packed and shipped them, even over seas with no problems. So of course the purchaser was international this time as well and so I packed it the same as before but this time it did not make the trip as well.  One corner the tip broke off of the roof.  This is dissappointing and makes me sad it is not minty any more.  But it also has been frustrating to deal with the buyer.  They wrote demanding they overpaid for shipping, which they underpaid by $9.  And they wrote they got charged tons of money in custom fees, but I only declared the value as $17 on each of the 3 packages.  So she wanted $100 for the little break on the corner.  I told her I would work with her, but $100 is ridiculous when I sold it to her for $150.  I would like to get your idea of the value of this damage so I can take it up with my post and also get this buyer taken care of.  Thanks for your help.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay transaction, need some advice
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:31:25 AM »
When i purchased my PE from canada it had to come in 3 parcels and i paid something along the lines of nearly $150 just in postage and the PE was almost that too.  I can understand they might be upset about slight damage but being international you do take chances with bringing something like that across that damage may occur and you would be aware of any customs fees.  What huge amount could they get charged at $17 a box?

I think maybe $40 would be more then generous compensation as they can always eventually find a replacement roof part and have that shipped.  :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 05:04:07 AM »
 :hug:
I agree with Spinky $40 or even maybe $30 would be plenty of compensation.  And that is quite generous in my opinion.

I would not let her bully you though.  And to be honest I would demand a picture of the damage that occured during shipping.  She maybe telling the truth but honestly I don't trust anyone anymore because everyone is looking for a freebie especially since she demanded a $100 refund.  A damaged PE(faded roof,missing parts, etc) is worth more than $50.

And save that email with her stating about being charged customs.  Just in case she leaves negative over it.  Ebay will remove it.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:37:06 AM »

And to be honest I would demand a picture of the damage that occured during shipping.  She maybe telling the truth but honestly I don't trust anyone anymore because everyone is looking for a freebie especially since she demanded a $100 refund.  A damaged PE(faded roof,missing parts, etc) is worth more than $50.

couldn't agree more with that!  If they're not scamming you as a seller, they're scamming you as a buyer.  It's very sad and why i prefer personally to only purchase through known arena members on here or ebay.  Its those few that are ruining it for the majority!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Customs fees are the responsibility of the BUYER, not you. That's her problem. I most certainly would not give her $100. for a chip. As stated above, $40 or $30 sounds fair. Heck, a tube of super glue should only be about $5.00 bucks

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »
eesh! more unreasonable ebayers! :yikes:  I'm sorry to hear about this hun! :hug:  Honestly I agree with what has already been said - yeah its disappointing when things get damaged in the mail or a buyer gets charged customs fees, but  the fees are not your responsibility and $100 is a crazy amount to ask as a refund   :whoa:    $40 or $30 is reasonable and like the others said, get pics as proof before you hand over any money! unfortunately you cant trust people these days  :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 07:20:01 AM »
You can always PM me the name of the buyer if she continues to be irate.  Customs charges are NOT your responsibility!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kisscurl

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kisscurlsponies.weebly.com/index.html
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 08:01:47 AM »
Wow such a pity you are having troubles with this person :( perhaps they should look at my pics, all came good in the end of our transaction but I was pleased just to have Paradise Estate but I guess we are all different I suppose. Well onto the pics and be warned they may make you cry heheheh

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 08:51:22 AM »
WOW file a claim with your PO, thats not your fault!!! :(

Post Merge: May 05, 2012, 08:52:09 AM

Plus thats more than a chip :( I hope they didnt break more to help support their claim. I've seen it happen before :(

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
WOW file a claim with your PO, thats not your fault!!! :(

Post Merge: May 05, 2012, 08:52:09 AM

Plus thats more than a chip :( I hope they didnt break more to help support their claim. I've seen it happen before :(

Kisscurl wasn't the seller, that's a different Paradise Estate.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »
  :whoa: oh my goodness Kisscurl! those pics do make me wanna cry :yikes:    AJG's buyer should be glad her PE didnt arrive like yours did in little pieces!

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal